• 60 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello all i am working with sales team, some of my team doesn't know actual close date so they want to click on new opportunity close date field need to fill automatically with a particular future date.
Hi I export a report from production, now I want to move exported report to sandbox object. In my report contain all fields same in that sandbox object. But every time it shows 0 successful and 103 errors. I am using data loader for this, please help me.

Hi I am doing deployment from sandbox to production using change sets.  I adding some existing reports and dashboards to production. In this process any existing records loss in production?

when I am using the data loader I going to insert and browse the report file to object.
It’s always showing this pop up box “initializing salesforce object and csv file”. I am unable to move forward. Please help me..

User-added image

Error Message
OGS_IMEA_Dashboard/Sales_Dashboard_IMEA_v2_0
Cannot find a user that matches any of the following usernames: 0kvaeainida_hasan@optum.com.test.devogs, nida_hasan@optum.com.test, nida_hasan@optum.com.test.devogs; remove the user from the component being deployed or create a matching user in the destination organization.

Please help me to solve this error.

In deployment process I moved reports from sand box to production (using change sets). But in production I only view the report fields I am not able see those records. And also I deployed source object too. Please explain?
Hi I have 2 objects; one custom second one is opportunity. First I created a custom object like as opportunity. But I want move fields (custom object) from to standard opportunity. In opportunity also some custom fields added. Is there any way to move fields please help me?

Hi,
i have 2015 revenue reports in production,in same report  i added extra field like 2016 revenue field in sandbox(i also added some records in that report).
now i want to show 2016 revenue report in production. how can i do this please help me..

When I move from Sandbox to Production, Record types are not updated in Production. In the Object side Record types are set to deploy, but when I create a new record it's showing only default value, other pick lists are not displaying. Please help me.
hi all,
when i move to Sandbox to Production Record types are not updated in Production...in Object it shows, but when i crate a new record its showing only default value..please help me..
Hi I export a report from production, now I want to move exported report to sandbox object. In my report contain all fields same in that sandbox object. But every time it shows 0 successful and 103 errors. I am using data loader for this, please help me.

when I am using the data loader I going to insert and browse the report file to object.
It’s always showing this pop up box “initializing salesforce object and csv file”. I am unable to move forward. Please help me..

User-added image

Error Message
OGS_IMEA_Dashboard/Sales_Dashboard_IMEA_v2_0
Cannot find a user that matches any of the following usernames: 0kvaeainida_hasan@optum.com.test.devogs, nida_hasan@optum.com.test, nida_hasan@optum.com.test.devogs; remove the user from the component being deployed or create a matching user in the destination organization.

Please help me to solve this error.

Hi I have 2 objects; one custom second one is opportunity. First I created a custom object like as opportunity. But I want move fields (custom object) from to standard opportunity. In opportunity also some custom fields added. Is there any way to move fields please help me?

When I move from Sandbox to Production, Record types are not updated in Production. In the Object side Record types are set to deploy, but when I create a new record it's showing only default value, other pick lists are not displaying. Please help me.
hi all,
when i move to Sandbox to Production Record types are not updated in Production...in Object it shows, but when i crate a new record its showing only default value..please help me..
I would like to pre-populate the opportunity name and close date values on opportunity record creation. because these 2 fields are standard and required fields, which we can't remove from page layout.

My user's dont want to enter these fields on record creation...

Thanks in Advance....

i want to asked about deploy record type in salesforce.

For example : i created new record type --> RTSample. In "Picklists Available For Editing", i edited Salutation Field (Mr. and Mrs. moved to Selected Values).

After that,i tried to deploy to other instance. In other instance, there are RTSample Record Type but in "Picklists Available For Editing", all value are in "Available Value"

my question --> How to deploy Record type with "Picklists Available For Editing" ???

• February 18, 2011

Hello,

I have done a fair amount of research on this topic, but I am still unclear on how to accomplish the following two things:

1. We are using Salesforce's Customer Portal product. We have built two custom objects and are displaying tabs for these custom objects in our Customer Portal. We have also built controller extensions for these custom objects to extend the functionality of the standard controllers. We want to display Visualforce pages when a user clicks on the tabs for these objects in the Customer Portal. In order to override the tabs for these objects with a Visualforce page, we cannot specify a standardContoller using the same object name in the Visualforce page. If we do, the VF page is not given as an option when you try to override the tab. If the VF page does not have a standardController specified, we can use it to override the tab, but we cannot link our controller extension to the page.

For example, I have a custom object called "Contact Us". I want to override the tab for this object with the following Visualforce page:

Code:
<apex:page standardController="Contact_Us__c" extensions="ContactUsExtensions">
  <h1>Custom Contact Us Page</h1>
</apex:page>

I am not given the option to override the "Contact Us" custom object tab with this page. It will only allow me to override it with a page that does not have a standardController specified. Why is that?

2. In addition to above, we need to show the standard "Contact Us" homepage when a user clicks on the "Contact Us" tab in the regular Salesforce interface, and we need to show a custom Visualforce page when a user clicks on the "Contact Us" tab in the Customer Portal. To do this, we created a new controller, ContactOverride - here is the code:

Code:
public class ContactOverride {
    public ContactOverride() {

}

String recordId;

public ContactOverride(ApexPages.StandardController
       controller) {recordId = controller.getId();}

public PageReference redirect() {
  Profile p = [select name from Profile where id =
               :UserInfo.getProfileId()];
  if ('Customer Portal User'.equals(p.name)
      || 'Customer Portal Test'.equals(p.name))
      {
       PageReference customPage =
Page.PortalContactUs;
       customPage.setRedirect(true);
       customPage.getParameters().put('id', recordId);
       return customPage;
      } else {
         return null; //otherwise stay on the same page
      }
   }
}

This code was lifted directly from the Force.com Cookbook (pages 53-56) and modified slightly to fit our needs. Basically, the controller sends users in the profiles "Customer Portal User" or "Customer Portal Test" to a custom Visualforce page (PortalContactUs) when they click on the "Contact Us" tab. If the user is not in either of those profiles, they stay on the same page.

Then, we created a new Visualforce page called ContactRedirect that looks like this:

Code:
<apex:page controller="ContactOverride" action="{!redirect}">
   <apex:detail />
</apex:page>

and override the tab on the "Contact Us" custom object with this page.

Again, we took this code from the Force.com Cookbook (pages 53-56) and modified it slightly. (The instructions in the Cookbook tell us to set a standardController and use the override controller we built as an extension. However, we cannot override the tab with a standardController set as explained in issue 1.)

This seems to work, but we would prefer that users who are not in the "Customer Portal User" or "Customer Portal Test" profiles see the standard "Contact Us" homepage under the "Contact Us" tab, and not the "ContactRedirect" VF page. Is there a way to change the controller (ContactOverride) to do this?

What are the best solutions to these issues?

Thanks for any help that you can offer,

-- Robert