• Sales Operations Analyst
  • CSS Inc.

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all, I created a Trailhead account under the same email address in my production org, but when I try to link my Success Community with that email address to show badges on my profile, it says it's an invalid email address and can't verify it? Any suggestions? Doesnt seem like theres actually someone manning the trailhead team that can help, kind of frustrating. 

I had an account that had 53+ badges, but for whatever reason it wouldnt change the email address to my new job, so I had to leave it behind and start over :-( 

Hi all, i'm a relatively new SF admin and wanted "Lead Status" to change to "Contacted" once some sort of activity is logged on the lead record. I tried using process builder, but that didnt work for obvious reasons, and was suggested to try an Apex Trigger. I have 0 coding experience and found the following trigger (only changed the names of the fields to match my org): 

trigger LeadStatus on Task (before insert, before update) {
    String desiredNewLeadStatus = 'Contacted';

List<Id> leadIds=new List<Id>();
    for(Task t:trigger.new){
        if(t.Status=='Completed'){
            if(t.whoId != null && String.valueOf(t.whoId).startsWith('00Q')==TRUE){//check if the task is associated with a lead
                leadIds.add(t.whoId);
            }//if 2
        }//if 1
    }//for
    List<Lead> leadsToUpdate=[SELECT Id, Status FROM Lead WHERE Id IN :leadIds AND IsConverted=FALSE];
    For (Lead l:leadsToUpdate){
        l.Status=desiredNewLeadStatus;
    }//for

try{
        update leadsToUpdate;
    }catch(DMLException e){
        system.debug('Leads were not all properly updated.  Error: '+e);
    }
}//trigger

This worked in sandbox, but when trying to deploying to production, gave me the error of 0% code is covered. I learned that it requires an Apex Class (test class?). Since I have no experience writing code, i did some searching and found a similar test class and changed the field names, etc, and didn't work. I've just about given up. 

Does anyone see any errors with the trigger above, and can provide me a test class? It'll help me learn and solve an immediate problem. 

Thank you! 

Hi Forum,
This is a bit of an embarrsement. Having read through the superbadge requirements and spending most of Sunday configuring and re-configuring User profiles, I havent passed this check.

The Inside Sales User does not appear to have the correct object permissions for Accounts and Opportunities

What's strange is that I was stuck on "field sales user" and now I'm stuck at "Inside Sales User".

I believe the OWD's are fine as well as the Object Permissions as well as the Profile setup. I was wondering if there would be a way to verify the error.  In the meantime I will continue to persist.

Regards
Mark

Is there an easy way to transfer your badges from one account to another?
Are the Trailhead sessions completely independent of the Boot Camp pre-work or do they count? Is there a connection between the badges I have made within Trailhead to them in the Boot Camp pre-work?

Hi all, i'm a relatively new SF admin and wanted "Lead Status" to change to "Contacted" once some sort of activity is logged on the lead record. I tried using process builder, but that didnt work for obvious reasons, and was suggested to try an Apex Trigger. I have 0 coding experience and found the following trigger (only changed the names of the fields to match my org): 

trigger LeadStatus on Task (before insert, before update) {
    String desiredNewLeadStatus = 'Contacted';

List<Id> leadIds=new List<Id>();
    for(Task t:trigger.new){
        if(t.Status=='Completed'){
            if(t.whoId != null && String.valueOf(t.whoId).startsWith('00Q')==TRUE){//check if the task is associated with a lead
                leadIds.add(t.whoId);
            }//if 2
        }//if 1
    }//for
    List<Lead> leadsToUpdate=[SELECT Id, Status FROM Lead WHERE Id IN :leadIds AND IsConverted=FALSE];
    For (Lead l:leadsToUpdate){
        l.Status=desiredNewLeadStatus;
    }//for

try{
        update leadsToUpdate;
    }catch(DMLException e){
        system.debug('Leads were not all properly updated.  Error: '+e);
    }
}//trigger

This worked in sandbox, but when trying to deploying to production, gave me the error of 0% code is covered. I learned that it requires an Apex Class (test class?). Since I have no experience writing code, i did some searching and found a similar test class and changed the field names, etc, and didn't work. I've just about given up. 

Does anyone see any errors with the trigger above, and can provide me a test class? It'll help me learn and solve an immediate problem. 

Thank you! 

The Error I get is: "Step Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Please check that your report includes at least all of these columns: Supply: Supply Name, Unit Cost, Quantity and Total. 
Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps."

this is my report:
my Report
not sure where I made a mistake
When doing the challenge in the "Setting up Lightning Connect" step of the Lightning Connect trailhead (https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/lightning_connect/lightning_connect_setup), I get a persisting issue with the "Phone Plan" external object (everything is OK with the "Phone" object).

Displayed message is : 
External Object Error
We encountered an error while querying the external data. Contact your administrator about this error. Error received: For input string: "99.99" 

This message appears as soon as I try to add the "cost" field in the default "all" tab list view and systematically on the object detail view (whatever the set of actually displayed fields) for the only ""monthly" record.

When checking the challenge on the trailhead page, no isue is raised band I got a "completed" challenge (but the issue is still there).

Any clue ?  Where can we find logs for "lightning connect" issues ?

Thanks.

P-E
Hello,

I created the validation rule and checked that it worked in my org.
When I check it through trailhead, I get this error:
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Zip Code does not match Account Shipping Zip Code: []

A different thread suggested deactivating the rule but when I do so I get this:
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The validation rule failed to enforce the business logic

For reference, this is the validation rule.
(NOT (ISBLANK(Account.Name))) && (MailingPostalCode <> Account.ShippingPostalCode)
Looks good and works well. 

Any thought?