• Software Developer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I don't see upload file button in lightning for notes and attachments related list. Can anyone help us in this ?

Thanks.

Hi All,

May I know why this button isn't available in lightning except user with 'System admin' profile.

While this attachment option is available for all profiles in classic.

Does any one know how to get this for standard(basic) user in Lightning ? In classic there is button available in notes & attachments.

User-added image

Hi All, 

I am currently trying to apply slds in my current vf page to make this vf page work in both classic and lightning. But when I apply slds (lightningstylesheet={! !isClassic}) this multipicklist behave like as below.

This is how multipick list looks like in classic
Multipick list in classic

This is how multipick list looks like in lightning
User-added image

User-added image

When I click on button for record list to create a new record I am facing this error. This button works fine in classic.

I have given all necessary permission. Is there anyone who's facing this kind of same error?

Hi All,

I don't see upload file button in lightning for notes and attachments related list. Can anyone help us in this ?

Thanks.

Hi All, 

I am currently trying to apply slds in my current vf page to make this vf page work in both classic and lightning. But when I apply slds (lightningstylesheet={! !isClassic}) this multipicklist behave like as below.

This is how multipick list looks like in classic
Multipick list in classic

This is how multipick list looks like in lightning
User-added image
Users are reporting missing button to attach files in lightning but are not having issues in salesforce classic. The user has appropriate permissions to edit the record and has the correct layout view. 

User-added image
User-added image
Hi there.

In my lightning app I have a few components:
  • one component has a ui:inputSelect and registers an event. the ui:inputSelect has a change attribute that fires a function, wherein the selected text (an ID) is put in an event and fired.
  • one component that handles the event, is an aura:iteration list of a component that, on handling the event, should retrieve a list of items where a master-child lookup is the sent ID of the master object. This then displays all those child objects.
  • the other component that handles the event, has three inputText fields, that are supposed to display the other fields of the master object
The problem: either the event seems to not be fired, or the handlers seem to not be activated.

I put console.debug's, alerts and component.set("v.testmessage", "fired") 's in the handlers but they never execute.
I then put one of the handlers as the init-handler and then it did execute the handler (with an undefined ID since the event hadn't yet been fired, which is reasonable).

I have triple-checked the event name, event type and handler action, everything matches. I have no compilation problems, I have no errors when I am using my app. 
I also have no response whatsoever from my event. Any ideas?

**Registering component**
<aura:component controller="PrefixMasterHeaderSelectorController">
    <aura:handler name="init" value="{!this}" action="{!c.doInit}" />
    <aura:registerEvent name="updateMaster" type="c:PrefixMasterEvent" />
    <aura:attribute name="masters" type="PrefixMaster__c[]"/>

<label class="slds-master-element__label" for="masterSelector">Select a master to work with:</label>
    <div class="slds-master-element__control">
        <div class="slds-select_container">

<ui:inputSelect aura:id="masterID" class="slds-select" change="{!c.masterHasChanged}">
                <aura:iteration items="{!v.masters}" var="master">
                    <ui:inputSelectOption text="{!master.Id}" label="{!master.Name}" />
                    <!-- + ' (Last modified: ' + master.LastModifiedDate + ' by ' + master.LastModifiedBy.Name + ')'}"/> -->
                </aura:iteration>	
                <ui:inputSelectOption text="newMaster" label="Create a new master" />
            </ui:inputSelect>

</div>
    </div>

<c:PrefixMasterHeaderMaster />
</aura:component>

**Registering controller**
({
    doInit : function(component, event, helper) {
        // Create the action
        var action = component.get("c.getMasters");

// Add callback behavior for when response is received
        action.setCallback(this, function(response) {
            var state = response.getState();
            if (component.isValid() && state === "SUCCESS") {
                component.set("v.masters", response.getReturnValue());
            }
            else {
                console.log("Failed with state: " + state);
            }
        });

// Send action off to be executed
        $A.enqueueAction(action);
    },

masterHasChanged : function(component, event, helper) {
        var masterID = component.find("masterID").get("v.value");
        var masterEvent = component.getEvent("updateMaster");
        masterEvent.setParams({"master" : masterID})
        masterEvent.fire();

console.debug('UPDATE MASTER = ' + masterID);
        alert('Hiya! masterEvent ' + masterEvent.getParam("master"));
    }

})

**List-child component**
<aura:component controller="PrefixListChildsController">
	<aura:handler name="updateForm" event="c:PrefixFormEvent" action="{!c.loadChilds}" />
    <aura:attribute name="childs" type="PrefixChild__c[]"/>

<!--   	<aura:handler name="saveChild" event="c:PrefixChildEvent" action="{!c.handleAddItem}"/> -->
    <!--	to reload the masters after adding a new child -->

<div>
        <header class="slds-p-top--small">
            <h3 class="slds-text-heading--small">Childs</h3>
        </header>

<div id="list" class="row">
            <aura:iteration items="{!v.childs}" var="child">
                <aura:if isTrue="{!child.Order__c % 2 == 1}">
                        <div class="slds-p-around--small" style="background-color: lightblue; border-radius: 10px">
                            <c:PrefixChild child="{!child}"/>
                        </div>
                    <aura:set attribute="else" >
                        <div class="slds-p-around--small" style="background-color: none; border-radius: 10px">
                            <c:PrefixChild child="{!child}"/>
                        </div>
                    </aura:set>
                </aura:if>
            </aura:iteration>
            {!v.testEventmessage}
            <c:PrefixNewChild />
        </div>
    </div>

</aura:component>

**List-child controller.js**
({
	loadChilds : function(component, event, helper) {
 	    var action = component.get("c.getChilds");
		var masterID = event.getParam("master");    
    	action.setParams({ "masterID" : masterID });

console.debug('master id = ' + masterID);
        alert('load childs ' + masterID);
        component.set("v.testEventmessage", masterID);

// Add callback behavior for when response is received
        action.setCallback(this, function(response) {
            var state = response.getState();
            if (component.isValid() && state === "SUCCESS") {
                component.set("v.childs", response.getReturnValue());
            }
            else {
                console.log("Failed with state: " + state);
            }
        });

// Send action off to be executed
        $A.enqueueAction(action);
    }
})

Visualforce page : Export Results to Excel or CSV

I have created a VF page which fetch the records from object based on the critirea selected by user. Based the critirea I have created a results section in VF page which shows all the relevant information. I have added a custom button " export to excel". Whenever users click this button , it should export all the RESULTS to excel. In order to achieve this , I have created a 2nd VF page same as my original page but with "contentype " attribute. When i click the button , It is exporting the results but It is also exporting the some irrelevant data .
VF Page:
<apex:page controller="Fetchsiteplacement12" tabStyle="Site_Placements__c" sidebar="True" contentType="application/vnd.ms-excel#filename.xls"   language="en-US" cache="True">

<apex:form >

<apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:messages />
            <apex:pageBlockButtons location="Both">

<apex:commandButton value="Fetch" action="{!FetchSPRec}"/>
            <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!CancelSPRec}"/>

</apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Results">
            <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
                <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!spRec}" var="site" columnsWidth="500px, 500px" >
                    <apex:column value="{!se.Name}"/>
                    <apex:column value="{!se.Placement__c}"/>
                    <apex:column value="{!se.Level_Max__c}"/>

</apex:pageBlockTable>
                 </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

</apex:pageBlockSection>
        </apex:pageblock>
                </apex:form>
</apex:page>

APex class:

And, in the apex class , I am using this :

public PageReference FetchExcelReport() {
        PageReference nextpage = new PageReference('/apex/ExcelReportPage');
return nextpage;
    }

Below is irrelevent info:

if(!window.sfdcPage){window.sfdcPage = new ApexDetailPage();} UserContext.initialize({"networkId":"","locale":"en_US","labelLastModified":"1393912808000","isDefaultNetwork":true,"today":"3/5/2014 4:23 PM","timeFormat":"h:mm a","userPreferences":[{"index":112,"name":"HideInlineEditSplash","value":false},{"index":114,"name":"OverrideTaskSendNotification","value":false},{"index":115,"name":"DefaultTaskSendNotification","value":false},{"index":119,"name":"HideUserLayoutStdFieldInfo","value":false},{"index":116,"name":"HideRPPWarning","value":false},{"index":87,"name":"HideInlineSchedulingSplash","value":false},{"index":88,"name":"HideCRUCNotification","value":false},{"index":89,"name":"HideNewPLESplash","value":false},{"index":90,"name":"HideNewPLEWarnIE6","value":false},{"index":122,"name":"HideOverrideSharingMessage","value":false},{"index":91,"name":"HideProfileILEWarn","value":false},{"index":93,"name":"HideProfileElvVideo","value":false},{"index":97,"name":"ShowPicklistEditSplash","value":false},{"index":92,"name":"HideDataCategorySplash","value":false},{"index":128,"name":"ShowDealView","value":false},{"index":129,"name":"HideDealViewGuidedTour","value":false},{"index":132,"name":"HideKnowledgeFirstTimeSetupMsg","value":false},{"index":104,"name":"DefaultOffEntityPermsMsg","value":false},{"index":135,"name":"HideNewCsnSplash","value":false},{"index":101,"name":"HideBrowserWarning","value":false},{"index":139,"name":"HideDashboardBuilderGuidedTour","value":false},{"index":140,"name":"HideSchedulingGuidedTour","value":false},{"index":180,"name":"HideReportBuilderGuidedTour","value":true},{"index":183,"name":"HideAssociationQueueCallout","value":false},{"index":194,"name":"HideQTEBanner","value":false},{"index":193,"name":"HideChatterOnboardingSplash","value":true},{"index":195,"name":"HideSecondChatterOnboardingSplash","value":true},{"index":270,"name":"HideIDEGuidedTour","value":true},{"index":282,"name":"HideQueryToolGuidedTour","value":false},{"index":196,"name":"HideCSIGuidedTour","value":true},{"index":271,"name":"HideFewmetGuidedTour","value":false},{"index":272,"name":"HideEditorGuidedTour","value":true},{"index":205,"name":"HideApexTestGuidedTour","value":false},{"index":206,"name":"HideSetupProfileHeaderTour","value":true},{"index":207,"name":"HideSetupProfileObjectsAndTabsTour","value":true},{"index":213,"name":"DefaultOffArticleTypeEntityPermMsg","value":false},{"index":214,"name":"HideSelfInfluenceGetStarted","value":false},{"index":215,"name":"HideOtherInfluenceGetStarted","value":false},{"index":216,"name":"HideFeedToggleGuidedTour","value":false},{"index":268,"name":"ShowChatterTab178GuidedTour","value":false},{"index":275,"name":"HidePeopleTabDeprecationMsg","value":false},{"index":276,"name":"HideGroupTabDeprecationMsg","value":false},{"index":222,"name":"TouchExternalLinkReminderSuppression","value":false},{"index":224,"name":"HideUnifiedSearchGuidedTour","value":true},{"index":226,"name":"ShowDevContextMenu","value":true},{"index":227,"name":"HideWhatRecommenderForActivityQueues","value":false},{"index":228,"name":"HideLiveAgentFirstTimeSetupMsg","value":false},{"index":232,"name":"HideGroupAllowsGuestsMsgOnMemberWidget","value":false},{"index":233,"name":"HideGroupAllowsGuestsMsg","value":false},{"index":234,"name":"HideWhatAreGuestsMsg","value":false},{"index":235,"name":"HideNowAllowGuestsMsg","value":false},{"index":236,"name":"HideSocialAccountsAndContactsGuidedTour","value":false},{"index":237,"name":"HideAnalyticsHomeGuidedTour","value":true},{"index":238,"name":"ShowQuickCreateGuidedTour","value":false},{"index":245,"name":"HideFilePageGuidedTour","value":false},{"index":250,"name":"HideForecastingGuidedTour","value":false},{"index":242,"name":"TouchHideOptoutHover","value":false},{"index":251,"name":"HideBucketFieldGuide","value":false},{"index":263,"name":"HideSmartSearchCallOut","value":true},{"index":265,"name":"HideSocialProfilesKloutSplashScreen","value":false},{"index":273,"name":"ShowForecastingQuotaAttainment","value":false},{"index":280,"name":"HideForecastingQuotaColumn","value":false},{"index":301,"name":"HideManyWhoGuidedTour","value":false},{"index":284,"name":"HideExternalSharingModelGuidedTour","value":false},{"index":298,"name":"HideFileSyncBannerMsg","value":false},{"index":299,"name":"HideTestConsoleGuidedTour","value":true},{"index":300,"name":"HideNetworkSetupOverlayGettingStarted","value":false},{"index":302,"name":"HideManyWhoInlineEditTip","value":false},{"index":303,"name":"HideSetupV2WelcomeMessage","value":false},{"index":312,"name":"ForecastingShowQuantity","value":false},{"index":313,"name":"HideDataImporterIntroMsg","value":false},{"index":314,"name":"HideEnvironmentHubLightbox","value":false},{"index":316,"name":"HideSetupV2GuidedTour","value":false},{"index":317,"name":"HideFileSyncMobileDownloadDialog","value":false},{"index":318,"name":"HideHelpBannerQuickActionList","value":false},{"index":321,"name":"HideCustomEntityQuickActionCallout","value":true},{"index":322,"name":"HideEnhancedProfileHelpBubble","value":false},{"index":328,"name":"ForecastingHideZeroRows","value":false},{"index":330,"name":"HideEmbeddedComponentsFeatureCallout","value":true},{"index":340,"name":"HideS1BrowserUI","value":false}],"orgPreferences":[{"index":257,"name":"TabOrganizer","value":true}],"startOfWeek":"1","isAccessibleMode":false,"ampm":["AM","PM"],"renderMode":"RETRO","userId":"00570000002Nayk","dateTimeFormat":"M/d/yyyy h:mm a","dateFormat":"M/d/yyyy","uiSkin":"Theme3","language":"en_US","siteUrlPrefix":""});

function twistSection(twisty, sectionId) { var parentDiv = twisty; while (parentDiv.tagName != 'DIV') { parentDiv = parentDiv.parentNode; } var div = parentDiv.nextSibling; var elemWasOn = false; if (div.style.display != 'none') { div.style.display = 'none'; twisty.className ='showListButton'; twisty.alt = twisty.title = 'Show Section - '+twisty.name; elemWasOn = true; } else { div.style.display = 'block'; twisty.className = 'hideListButton'; twisty.alt = twisty.title = 'Hide Section - '+twisty.name; } return !elemWasOn; } var registeredSections = new Array(); function registerTwistableSection(headerId, mainTableId) { var obj = new Object(); obj.headerId = headerId; obj.mainTableId = mainTableId; registeredSections[registeredSections.length] = obj; } function twistAllSections(on) { for (var i = 0; i < registeredSections.length; i++) { var obj = registeredSections[i]; var img; img = document.getElementById('img_' + obj.headerId); if (on && 'showListButton' == img.className) { twistSection(img, obj.headerId, obj.mainTableId); } else if (!on && 'hideListButton' == img.className) { twistSection(img, obj.headerId, obj.mainTableId); } } } function toggleSection(headerId, on){ var sectionHead = document.getElementById('head_'+headerId+'_j_id0_j_id1_j_id2'); var body = sectionHead.nextSibling; var disp = on ? 'block' : 'none'; sectionHead.style.display = disp; body.style.display = disp; } function registerTwistableSections_j_id0_j_id1_j_id2() { registerTwistableSection('j_id0_j_id1_j_id2_j_id7', 'j_id0_j_id1_j_id2'); registerTwistableSection('j_id0_j_id1_j_id2_j_id22', 'j_id0_j_id1_j_id2'); registerTwistableSection('j_id0_j_id1_j_id2_j_id27', 'j_id0_j_id1_j_id2'); } registerTwistableSections_j_id0_j_id1_j_id2();

Kindly help me.

Hi,

After removing the object level edit and delete permission from the profile. Still I am able to see the Action column in the related list. Is there is any way to remove this Action column?

Has anyone ever heard of Salesforce offering some type of wiki setup?

Thanks...