• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello!

I need some assistance.

I have created a formula that will input a date value from an opportunity record (CloseDate) into a custom field on the Contract record (Opportunity_Close_Date__c). The formula is Opportunity_Name__r.CloseDate on the contract record field.

The problem is that if the opportunity close date is changed on the Opporunity, it changes on the contract record. I am wondering if there is a way to record the value only as static text on the contract record? I don't want the value to change once it has been input into the contract.

Thanks!
Hello,
I have a requirement to calculate the closed week in a given quarter. 

- Within every quarter, Week 1 = Days 1-7; Week 2 = Days 8-14, etc. 
- The cycle should start again for every Quarter. So each quarter will have 13 weeks.

The solution I created works but it isn't the most efficient and I was hoping someone with better formula kung fu could help me revise.  Thank you in advance for your help.

IF( 
AND( 
OR( 
MONTH(CloseDate) = 1,MONTH(CloseDate) = 4,MONTH(CloseDate) = 7,MONTH(CloseDate) = 10),90 - DAY(CloseDate) >= 83),"Week 1", 

IF( 
AND( 
OR( 
MONTH(CloseDate) = 1,MONTH(CloseDate) = 4,MONTH(CloseDate) = 7,MONTH(CloseDate) = 10),90 - DAY(CloseDate) >= 76),"Week 2", 

IF( 
AND( 
OR( 
MONTH(CloseDate) = 1,MONTH(CloseDate) = 4,MONTH(CloseDate) = 7,MONTH(CloseDate) = 10),90 - DAY(CloseDate) >= 69),"Week 3", 

IF( 
AND( 
OR( 
MONTH(CloseDate) = 1,MONTH(CloseDate) = 4,MONTH(CloseDate) = 7,MONTH(CloseDate) = 10),90 - DAY(CloseDate) >= 62),"Week 4", 

IF( 
AND( 
OR( 
MONTH(CloseDate) = 1,MONTH(CloseDate) = 4,MONTH(CloseDate) = 7,MONTH(CloseDate) = 10),90 - DAY(CloseDate) >= 59),"Week 5", 

IF( 
AND( 
OR( 
MONTH(CloseDate) = 2,MONTH(CloseDate) = 5,MONTH(CloseDate) = 8,MONTH(CloseDate) = 11),59 - DAY(CloseDate) >= 53),"Week 6", 

IF( 
AND( 
OR( 
MONTH(CloseDate) = 2,MONTH(CloseDate) = 5,MONTH(CloseDate) = 8,MONTH(CloseDate) = 11),59 - DAY(CloseDate) >= 46),"Week 7", 

IF( 
AND( 
OR( 
MONTH(CloseDate) = 2,MONTH(CloseDate) = 5,MONTH(CloseDate) = 8,MONTH(CloseDate) = 11),59 - DAY(CloseDate) >= 39),"Week 8", 

IF( 
AND( 
OR( 
MONTH(CloseDate) = 2,MONTH(CloseDate) = 5,MONTH(CloseDate) = 8,MONTH(CloseDate) = 11),59 - DAY(CloseDate) >= 32),"Week 9", 

IF( 
AND( 
OR( 
MONTH(CloseDate) = 3,MONTH(CloseDate) = 6, MONTH(CloseDate) = 9, MONTH(CloseDate) = 12),31 - DAY(CloseDate) >= 30),"Week 9", 

IF( 
AND( 
OR( 
MONTH(CloseDate) = 3,MONTH(CloseDate) = 6, MONTH(CloseDate) = 9, MONTH(CloseDate) = 12),31 - DAY(CloseDate) >= 23),"Week 10", 

IF( 
AND( 
OR( 
MONTH(CloseDate) = 3,MONTH(CloseDate) = 6, MONTH(CloseDate) = 9, MONTH(CloseDate) = 12),31 - DAY(CloseDate) >= 17),"Week 11", 

IF( 
AND( 
OR( 
MONTH(CloseDate) = 3,MONTH(CloseDate) = 6, MONTH(CloseDate) = 9, MONTH(CloseDate) = 12),31 - DAY(CloseDate) >= 10),"Week 12", 

IF( 
AND( 
OR( 
MONTH(CloseDate) = 3,MONTH(CloseDate) = 6, MONTH(CloseDate) = 9, MONTH(CloseDate) = 12),31 - DAY(CloseDate) >= 3),"Week 13", 

"Week 13"))))))))))))))
Hello!

I need some assistance.

I have created a formula that will input a date value from an opportunity record (CloseDate) into a custom field on the Contract record (Opportunity_Close_Date__c). The formula is Opportunity_Name__r.CloseDate on the contract record field.

The problem is that if the opportunity close date is changed on the Opporunity, it changes on the contract record. I am wondering if there is a way to record the value only as static text on the contract record? I don't want the value to change once it has been input into the contract.

Thanks!
I have a workflow rule that sums 4 different fields and then updates the Amount field.   I would like to add a validation rule that says the Amount field can't be blank if the Stage is beyond Tracking.   Since the validation rule fires before the workflow rule, it is always sending the Error Message.   I tried to use the OR statement for each of the fields, but it did not work.  Any Ideas?