Questions
    Replies
// Map to keep key (caregory) and value related to each other
        Map<String, String> mailValues = new Map<String, String>();

// Seperate keys and values and put it in the map 
       	List<String> listOfLines = plainText.split('\n');
        for(String line : listOfLines){
            String key   = line.substringBetween('<', '>');
            String value = line.substringBetween('<' + key + '>', '</' + key + '>');

if (key != null) {                                    // this works just fine, null key not added 

// if (key != null || value != null){           // works partial, null key not added, but empty value added
            //  if (key != null || value != ''){              // doesn't work at all, null key + empty value get added 

mailValues.put(key, value);                
            }
Hi guys, I'm getting tagged values per mail in this format:

<key>value</key>
<key2>value</key2>

Somethimes there are linebreaks, so I get a null key added to the map. Got that solved with "key != null".

But I'm struggling with excluding no-values like <key></key>.
Probably easy, but I'm absulte beginner … can someone give me a hand here?

Hi,
I have the below requirement,
In the Lead, i have the Event as a related object, In the Event , i have a field called "IQM Locked" , Once its ticked, i have a VR written that the users couldn't modify the event any more. But its creating issue when , converting the Lead.
As when i am converting the Lead to Contact or Account, there is a change happening in the event record as well, on Name (WhoID) and Related To (WhatID). and its triggering the VR, which doesn't allow me to convert the Lead and throwing the VR error. 
How to resolve this ?
Below is my current VR written, what changes i need to do here that, 
the Lead can be converted and simultaneously users shouldn't be able to change the IQM locked events, even in the current Lead, Converted Contacts or Account ?
AND (

RecordType.Name='Initial Qualifying Meeting',
IQM_Locked__c,
NOT(CONTAINS($Profile.Name,'System Admin'))
)

Hi,
Can you help me write a code/trigger for a territory field in Contact object which reflects the assigned territory of the Account ?

Hi,
As i can see a territory field is there in the Opp level which reflects the assigned territory of the Account, i want to create a similar field in the Contact object which , when created any contact in the Account , it should reflect the assigned territory of the Account .

May i know how it can be achievable ? Territory is a standard object of SF, which seems related to only Account and the related Opps.
Hi ,
I have the below code snippet on Lead trigger.
I want to add an extra condition if the Lead Owner is Not equal to the queue "Partner Marketing" , How to do that ? i tried as  below but shows errors,

!newLead.OwnerID.equals ('Partner Marketing') Or tried as well
newLead.OwnerID != 00yhggddy4th2we

if (!oldLead.status.equals(newLead.status) || 
                (newLead.Company_Type__c != null && 
                 !newLead.Company_Type__c.equals(oldLead.Company_Type__c) && 
                 (newLead.Company_Type__c.startsWith('Partner')) )
               ) {
          // Add to list to update
            leadsToUpdate.add(new Lead(id = newLead.id));                    
        }

Hi,
We have a requirement that , we have an excel with languages other than EN, and we want to upload that excel ( with Leads of around 10,000) , but while uploading it should convert the language to EN (machine conversion) and while downloading it can convert to the other languages from EN. 
Shall we achieve this via coding ? If yes, any reference or suggestions plz ?
Hi,
Can anyone plz explain the below red marked code syntax in simple words. i could't understand why the "new" keyword is inside the (), and what is the "{mail}" keyword? 
What is the proper syntax of theis code ?
User-added image

Hi, As per my understanding , the THIS keyword can be used only in an instance variable or method call inside a constructor. But may i know plz why in the below code, its been used for a static variable call inside a constructor ? Is that lega to call for static as well ? 

User-added image
Hi, I am new to Apex, Can anyone plz clarify me on below,

User-added imageWhile checking the above method from the SObjectType Class, as i can see the Example mentioned is not same as the Signature. So Is that an instance created for calling the method ? , If its an instance there is no "New" keyword. So, what is that actually?
Hi, I am new to Apex. I have the below doubt,
trigger ClosedOpportunity on Opportunity (after update) {
    List<task> carry=New List<task>();
    for(opportunity opp:trigger.new){
    if(opp.stagename=='Closed won'){
     task t=new task(
         whatid=opp.id,
         status='Active',
         Subject='Follow Up Opp Task',
         ActivityDate=system.today()
     ) ; 
        carry.add(t);
    }
        }
    insert carry;
}
In the above, code. Its working when i am putting "Insert carry" But not working if i want to put "Insert t", As i can see both are instances created, so why do i have to create "carry" and add "t" in that. Why not i can "insert t" directly ?

Hi,
Can anybody explain in simpler term, what exactly a data type " Object" in apex and what it mean to cast an object to a custome class ?

In below example, why not we can use as below ? ,
obj. someClassMethod ();
what is the need of the below,
MyApexClass mc = (MyApexClass)obj;

User-added image

Dear All,

I am not able to install the package from the provided link, showing below error. May i know plz how to install it? Thanks
User-added image
Hi
If anyone can describe me the definition of " Namespace" in simple terms to understand. i tried to refer the apex developer guide but not able to understand properly, Thanks

User-added image
Hi,
I want a certain profile users to block changing the Time zone and Locale field on their below set up, Can anybody plz suggest me to write a trigger to do so?
User-added image

Hi, Bulk update is done on a custom object via supported application (Heroku). On check of flag in this custom object, there is a after update trigger that gets fired to auto approve the record.
When we update 100 records the trigger is fired only for 5 records.
what can be the issue ?
Hi,

In the below link, SF has provided the formula, althouth i am familiar with the CASE, MOD functions, i am not able to understand why its been divided by 7, and rest details within formula. also at last why to multiply by 5 .
Also, Initially, why its minus the ref date from start date ? and if the divided value is 0,1,2 etc why again its dividing by 7, and if its 1, value taken 2, if its 2, values taken 3 etc ?
If anybody can able to make me understnd the formula why its so ? Thanks
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000004526&type=1

Weekday Count Formula:

CASE(MOD( StartDate__c - DATE(1985,6,24),7), 
  0 , CASE( MOD( EndDate__c - StartDate__c ,7),1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,5,6,5,1), 
  1 , CASE( MOD( EndDate__c - StartDate__c ,7),1,2,2,3,3,4,4,4,5,4,6,5,1), 
  2 , CASE( MOD( EndDate__c - StartDate__c ,7),1,2,2,3,3,3,4,3,5,4,6,5,1), 
  3 , CASE( MOD( EndDate__c - StartDate__c ,7),1,2,2,2,3,2,4,3,5,4,6,5,1), 
  4 , CASE( MOD( EndDate__c - StartDate__c ,7),1,1,2,1,3,2,4,3,5,4,6,5,1), 
  5 , CASE( MOD( EndDate__c - StartDate__c ,7),1,0,2,1,3,2,4,3,5,4,6,5,0), 
  6 , CASE( MOD( EndDate__c - StartDate__c ,7),1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,6,5,0), 
  999) 
  + 
  (FLOOR(( EndDate__c - StartDate__c )/7)*5)

Hi,
I have a task againg field , formula as below ( type " number")
LastModifiedDate - CreatedDate
But i want to exclude the sat-sun and a public holiday list from this number. May i know how to modify the formula ? thnx

Hi,
I have a profile, which should able to merge accounts. But They shouldn't manually delete any accounts. Although the delete button in the account has been removed, in the list view its till visible.
can anyone, help me with a trigger , that while they delete, it should through an error message but while merging there shoulnt be an issue. Thanks
Hi,
Its a simple WF rule but Seems a bit complex for me to understand below, while it seems everything is perfect. Can anyone plz make  me understand whats wrong here? Thnx

- Created a WF rule in Quote object, which in turn do a checkbox field update in teh same quote object to TRUE.

Logic is : If the Activated time of the contract object is > 4.30 PM ( We have 24 hr format showing in UI & the contract is generated after going through the payment process of the Quote)
( As of now made it <16, to test at present)

IF(VALUE(MID(TEXT(Contract.ActivatedDate+(7/24)), 12, 2)) < 16, true, 
If( VALUE(MID(TEXT(Contract.ActivatedDate+(7/24)), 12, 2)) = 16, 
IF(VALUE(MID(TEXT(Contract.ActivatedDate+(7/24)), 15, 2)) > 30, true, false),false))
Evaluation Criteria : Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and any time it's edited to subsequently meet criteria

Field Update :
User-added image

But the issue is , it not working and not updating the field to TRUE.

But the i have used teh same formula above in a formula field created in teh Quote object ( checkbox), and its working fine with the contract activated time.
So , May i know why not the simple WF rule is working here ? Thnx 

Hi,
I have created a PB in Quote object, included a logic followed by a " Scheduled Actions" as,
Create Record : 15 days before start date ( start date of Quote),

As , its going to create a record in a past date, How does its going to work ?
- Does it create a record & put the created date as today ? ( within an hour ? Or immediately)

I tested but actually no records been get created. Can anyone plz suggest,where i went wrong ? Thnx 

User-added image
User-added image
Hi, 
I have a simple WF rule created in Quote object, as below, It seems everything OK, But its not triggering to update a checkbox field to TRUE. Can anyone plz suggest where i went wrong or whats the issue  ? Thnx

WF Rule ( 3 rd option : Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and any time it's edited to subsequently meet criteria)

Logic : It should update a checkbox field in Quote to TRUE if the Contract activated time is greater than 16.30 ( we have 24 hr format)

IF(VALUE(MID(TEXT(Contract.ActivatedDate+(7/24)), 12, 2)) >16, true, If( VALUE(MID(TEXT(Contract.ActivatedDate+(7/24)), 12, 2)) = 16, IF(VALUE(MID(TEXT(Contract.ActivatedDate+(7/24)), 15, 2)) > 30, true, false), false ))

Field updation as below,

User-added image

Hi,
As i can see a territory field is there in the Opp level which reflects the assigned territory of the Account, i want to create a similar field in the Contact object which , when created any contact in the Account , it should reflect the assigned territory of the Account .

May i know how it can be achievable ? Territory is a standard object of SF, which seems related to only Account and the related Opps.
Hi, Can anyone help me out with this,
User-added image
This is from a custom object " Quotation", The look up field " Main Driver" is a look up to Personal account object. The below fields are as well exists in the personal account. I need whatever value would be choosen in the main driver, automatically the below values will get pop up on below fields. I need to write a trigger for this ( I cant use formula field, as its depends upon another criteria field, so somtimes the user need to enter values manually in these fields , Process builder also doesnt worked).
I tried to write a trigger, but its not working , showing issue as " Error: Compile Error: IN operator must be used with an iterable expression at line 12 column 104 " Can anyone plz rectify my trigger to make it work. Thnx .( I just have taken two fields below for test)

trigger MainDriverRelatedFields on Quotation__c (before insert,before update) {

Quotation__c newQuote=new Quotation__c();

for(Quotation__c obj : Trigger.new){
newQuote=obj ;
    }
    List<Account> Acc= [SELECT id,Age__c, Acccidents_in_the_last_12_mnths__c FROM Account WHERE Id IN: newQuote.Main_Driver__r];
     if(newQuote.Main_Driver__c!=null) {
            newQuote.AgeMainD__c=Acc.Age__c;

newQuote.Accidents_in_the_last_12_mnthsMainD__c= Acc.Acccidents_in_the_last_12_mnths__c;

}
}

Hi,

Hi ,
I have the below code snippet on Lead trigger.
I want to add an extra condition if the Lead Owner is Not equal to the queue "Partner Marketing" , How to do that ? i tried as  below but shows errors,

!newLead.OwnerID.equals ('Partner Marketing') Or tried as well
newLead.OwnerID != 00yhggddy4th2we

if (!oldLead.status.equals(newLead.status) || 
                (newLead.Company_Type__c != null && 
                 !newLead.Company_Type__c.equals(oldLead.Company_Type__c) && 
                 (newLead.Company_Type__c.startsWith('Partner')) )
               ) {
          // Add to list to update
            leadsToUpdate.add(new Lead(id = newLead.id));                    
        }

Hi, I am new to Apex, Can anyone plz clarify me on below,

User-added imageWhile checking the above method from the SObjectType Class, as i can see the Example mentioned is not same as the Signature. So Is that an instance created for calling the method ? , If its an instance there is no "New" keyword. So, what is that actually?

if (key != null) {                                    // this works just fine, null key not added 

// if (key != null || value != null){           // works partial, null key not added, but empty value added
            //  if (key != null || value != ''){              // doesn't work at all, null key + empty value get added 

}

<key>value</key>
<key2>value</key2>

Somethimes there are linebreaks, so I get a null key added to the map. Got that solved with "key != null".

Hi
If anyone can describe me the definition of " Namespace" in simple terms to understand. i tried to refer the apex developer guide but not able to understand properly, Thanks

User-added image
Hi,
I want a certain profile users to block changing the Time zone and Locale field on their below set up, Can anybody plz suggest me to write a trigger to do so?
User-added image

Hi, Bulk update is done on a custom object via supported application (Heroku). On check of flag in this custom object, there is a after update trigger that gets fired to auto approve the record.
When we update 100 records the trigger is fired only for 5 records.
what can be the issue ?
Hi,
I have a profile, which should able to merge accounts. But They shouldn't manually delete any accounts. Although the delete button in the account has been removed, in the list view its till visible.
can anyone, help me with a trigger , that while they delete, it should through an error message but while merging there shoulnt be an issue. Thanks

Hi,

I have read the Apex concepts but I am not getting enough confidence in Apex coding, probably I need to practice more.

I was looking for Apex code examples/samples and use cases in google, but couldnt get any.

Can you please let me know if you have links to the Apex code examples/samples and use cases for Apex to try practicing.

Also for Apex classes and triggers, please let me know the following:

1. On which parts of Apex, I need to start for code practice and how to proceed further.

2. While practicing, what should be the areas that I need to practice more

3. What areas of Apex are commonly used

4. What areas of Apex are complex which needs more practice

5. How to frame the use cases myself for Apex code practice.

Thanks,

Priya.

}

<key>value</key>
<key2>value</key2>

I am new to development and can someone help to write trigger for the senario:

whenever a new guest is created (custom object Event Guest) trigger should find if there is an existing lead or contact, if any exists it should add lead/contact to campaign otherwise create a new lead and add to campaign. Campaign is find this way Event Guest->Event->Campaign.

trigger NewGuest on Event_Guests__c(after insert){
    for(Event_Guests__c myGuest : Trigger.New) {
        List<Lead> exLead = [SELECT Id FROM Lead WHERE Email = :myGuest.Guest_Email__c];
            if (exLead.size() == 0)
                {
                    List<Contact> exContact = [SELECT Id FROM Contact WHERE Email = :myGuest.Guest_Email__c];
                    if(exContact.size() == 0)
                        {
                            Lead newLead = new Lead();
                            newLead.FirstName = myGuest.Name;
                            newLead.LastName = myGuest.Last_Name__c;
                            newLead.Phone = myGuest.Guest_Phone__c;
                            newLead.Email = myGuest.Guest_Email__c;
                            newLead.LeadSource = 'Workshop Guest';
                            insert newLead;

Campaignmember newMember = new Campaignmember();
                            newMember.LeadId = newLead.id;
                            newMember.dc__Registered_First_Name__c = myGuest.Name;
                            newMember.dc__Registered_Last_Name__c = myGuest.Last_Name__c;
                            newMember.dc__Registered_Email__c = myGuest.Guest_Email__c;
                            newMember.dc__Registered_Phone__c = myGuest.Guest_Phone__c;
                            newMember.Campaign = [SELECT dc__Event_Campaign__c FROM dc__Event__c WHERE Id = :myGuest.Event__c];
                            insert newMember;
                        }
                    else
                        {
                            newMember.Contact = exContact.Id;
                            newMember.Campaign = [SELECT dc__Event_Campaign__c FROM dc__Event__c WHERE Id = :myGuest.Event__c];
                            insert newMember;
                        }               

}               
            if (exLead.size() != 0)
                {
                    newMember.Lead = exLead.Id;
                    insert newMember;
                }

}
    }
Hi, 

I have a trigger and a helper class created need a suggestion on how to create a test class for below
trigger RenwalQuote on QuoteLineItem (After Insert, After Update, Before Delete) {

public static Boolean bool = true;
 Set<Id> setid = new Set<id>();
 List<QuoteLineItem> listoli = new  List<QuoteLineItem> ();
 List< OpportunitylineItem> lisopt = new  List< OpportunitylineItem > ();
 List< OpportunitylineItem> Dellisopt = new  List< OpportunitylineItem > ();
 set<id> setoppid = new set<id>();
 set<string> setprodcode = new set<string>();
 set<string> setrecordtype = new set<string>();
 Set<Id> setoldid = new Set<id>();

if(trigger.isafter){

If(preventRecursive.runOnce)return;
   if(bool){
      bool = false;

for (QuoteLineItem qtl :  Trigger.new){
         setid.add(qtl.id);
        }
   } 

List<QuoteLineItem> listem = [Select id,quoteid,Prior_Discount__c,product2.productcode,quote.opportunityid,
                                        quote.opportunity.recordtype.name                   
                                 from QuoteLineItem where id In : Setid];

for(QuoteLineItem qlt:listem){

if ( qlt.quote.opportunity.recordtype.name == 'Renewal Opportunity'){
          qlt.Prior_Discount__c = RenewalUtils.OppLineDisc(qlt.quote.opportunityid,qlt.quoteid,qlt.product2.productcode);
          qlt.Opportunity_Line_Item_ID__c = RenewalUtils.OppLineID(qlt.quote.opportunityid,qlt.quoteid,qlt.product2.productcode);
          system.debug('Quote ID' + qlt.quoteid);
          system.debug('qlt.product2.productcode' + qlt.product2.productcode);
          system.debug('Discount Value' + RenewalUtils.OppLineDisc(qlt.quote.opportunityid,qlt.quoteid,qlt.product2.productcode));
          listoli.add(qlt);
          setoppid.add(qlt.quote.opportunityid);
          setprodcode.add(qlt.product2.productcode);
         }
      } 

if (!listoli.isEmpty()){
          preventRecursive.runOnce = true; update listoli;

Opportunity Opp = [select id, Prior_Year_Opportunity__c from Opportunity where id = :setoppid];                                   

List<OpportunityLineItem> PrilisOpp = [select id, Renewed__c, opportunity.Prior_Year_Opportunity__c 
                                                from OpportunityLineItem 
                                                where opportunityid = :Opp.Prior_Year_Opportunity__c and 
                                                      product2.productcode = :setprodcode ]; 

for(OpportunitylineItem Opln : PrilisOpp){
              Opln.Renewed__c = true;
              lisopt.add(Opln);
         }

if (!lisopt.isEmpty()){
              update lisopt;
            }  

}
   }    

if(Trigger.isbefore){

for (QuoteLineItem qtl :  Trigger.old){
                setoldid.add(qtl.id);
          }

QuoteLineItem oldQli = [select id, Opportunity_Line_Item_ID__c from QuoteLineItem where id = :setoldid];  
        List<OpportunityLineItem> LstOppline =  [select id, Renewed__c from OpportunityLineItem where id = : oldQli.Opportunity_Line_Item_ID__c];

for(OpportunitylineItem DOpln : LstOppline){
            DOpln.Renewed__c = false;
            Dellisopt.add(DOpln);
          }

if (! Dellisopt.isEmpty()){
                 update Dellisopt;
                }  

}

}

Helper Class
public with sharing class RenewalUtils {

public static String OppLineDisc(String QOppID, String Quoteid, String ProdCode) {

Decimal Disctot;

Opportunity ropp = [select Prior_Year_Opportunity__c from opportunity where id = :QOppID and recordtype.name = 'Renewal Opportunity']; 

List<AggregateResult>  Opplst = [select avg(Discount_Percent__c) totdisc
                                    from OpportunityLineItem 
                                    where Opportunityid = :ropp.Prior_Year_Opportunity__c and 
                                          product2.productcode = :ProdCode 
                                          ];

for (AggregateResult arOpplst : Opplst)
     {
       Disctot = ((Decimal)arOpplst.get('totdisc'));

}                                              

system.debug(Disctot);

return string.valueof(Disctot);

}

public static String OppLineID(String QOppID, String Quoteid, String ProdCode) {

Opportunity ropp = [select Prior_Year_Opportunity__c from opportunity where id = :QOppID and recordtype.name = 'Renewal Opportunity']; 

OpportunityLineItem  Opplst = [select id
                                    from OpportunityLineItem 
                                    where Opportunityid = :ropp.Prior_Year_Opportunity__c and 
                                          product2.productcode = :ProdCode limit 1
                                          ];

system.debug(Opplst.id);

return string.valueof(Opplst.id);

} 

}

Recurssive class
public class preventRecursive{
    public static Boolean runOnce = false;
}

Thanks
Sudhir
  • February 28, 2017
Experts, I am generating a report using conga composer manually on daily basis. It is giving the report in .pdf format. Is there any way to automate the process ? I want to store the .pdf report in my computers.

Thanks,
Ram
Hi all.

here is my code . how can i achieve 100% code coverage for this Trigger?

trigger CopyAttachments on SVMXC__Service_Order__c(after insert)
{
 //Attachment[] attList = [select id, name, body from Attachment where ParentId = :Trigger.new[0].SVMXC__Case__c];
 Attachment[] insertAttList = new Attachment[]{};

for(Attachment a: [select id, name, body from Attachment where ParentId = :Trigger.new[0].SVMXC__Case__c])
         {
               Attachment att = new Attachment(name = a.name, body = a.body, parentid = Trigger.new[0].id);
               insertAttList.add(att);
         }
       if(insertAttList.size() > 0)
       {
            insert insertAttList;
       }

}
  • November 16, 2016
Hi everybody,

I have a mobile application Salesforce, in the user details's page, there is an SMS boutton, when I click on, I have to choose a template (Text body) and click Send .
The button have to send me to my mobile' SMS section with the choosed the template.
I'm stuck in the last step . How can i get from a mobile salesforce to SMS section ?

It works great with email and seletion templates too. So I just changed some paramettres as [Email = account.PersonEmail ;] by [Email = account.PersonMobilePhone ;]

VF page IC_GenerateSMS

<apex:page showHeader="false" docType="html-5.0" standardStylesheets="false" cache="false" Controller="IC_GenerateSMS_VFCx">
<html>
<head>
<title>{!$Label.IC_GenerateSMS}</title> 
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" />
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{!URLFOR($Resource.JQuery_120, 'jquery.mobile-1.2.0.min.css')}" />
<apex:includeScript value="{!URLFOR($Resource.JQuery_120, 'jquery-1.8.2.min.js')}"/>
<apex:includeScript value="{!URLFOR($Resource.JQuery_120, 'jquery.mobile-1.2.0.min.js')}"/>   

<!-- New Relic integration -->
<apex:includeScript value="{!IF($Setup.ICONSettings__c.NewRelic__c, $Resource.NewRelic, '')}"/>

<script>
    $j = jQuery.noConflict();
    var backUrl = '/apex/IC_ClientDetails?id={!accountId}';

function logTask(subject) {
        console.log('Selected Template ' + subject);
        IC_GenerateSMS_VFCx.createTask('{!accountId}','{!Email}',subject,
                                          function(records, e) {console.log(records);}, {escape:true});
    }

function createMail(){

logTask(document.getElementById("initSubject").innerHTML);
        var email = document.getElementById("Email").innerHTML;
        var subject = encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("initSubject").innerHTML);
        var body = encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById("initBody").innerHTML);
        window.location = "mailto:"+email+"?subject="+subject+"&body="+body;
    }
</script>    
</head>
<body>
    <!-- EMAIL TEMPLATE PREVIEW AND SELECTION -->
    <div data-role="page" data-theme="a" id="mainpage" data-fullscreen="true" data-add-back-btn="true">
        <!-- HEADER -->
        <div data-role="header">
            <a href="#" onclick="window.location.href=backUrl;" data-icon='arrow-l' style="box-shadow: none;" data-iconshadow="false" data-iconpos="notext"></a>
            <h1>{!$Label.IC_ChooseTemplate}</h1>
        </div>
        <!-- CONTENT -->
    <div data-role="content" data-fullscreen="true">   
       <ul data-role="listview" data-theme="a"  data-inset="true" >
           <li>
           <div>
            <!-- SMS TEMPLATE SELECTION FORM -->
            <apex:form >
             <!-- SMS TEMPLATE SELECTION LIST -->
             <center>
             <div data-role="fieldcontain">
                <label for="selectedTemplate">{!$Label.IC_SelectTemplate}</label>   
                <apex:selectList value="{!selectedTemplate}"  size="1" id="selectedTemplate">
                    <apex:selectOptions value="{!templateOptions}"/>
                    <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!previewTemplate}" rerender="counter"/>
                </apex:selectList>
             </div>  
             </center> 
                <!-- SMS TEMPLATE SELECTION PREVIEW -->
                <apex:outputpanel id="counter">
                    <!-- SMS TEMPLATE ENCODED FOR BROWSER PREVIEW -->          
                    <!-- <div id="Email">{!Email}</div>  -->
                    <br/>
                    <div id="Subject"></div>
                    <br/>
                    <div id="Body"></div>
                    <!-- SMS TEMPLATE ENCODED FOR MOBILE MAIL SYSTEM -->
                    <div id="initSubject" style="display:none;visbility:hidden;">{!initSubject}</div> 
                    <div id="initBody" style="display:none;visbility:hidden;">{!initBody}</div> 
                    <script>
                        document.getElementById("Subject").innerHTML = "{!Subject}";
                        document.getElementById("Body").innerHTML = "{!Body}";
                    </script>      
                </apex:outputpanel>
            </apex:form>
            <br/>
            <!-- BUTTON TO GENERATE SMS IN MOBILE MAIL SYSTEM -->
            <a data-role="button" data-direction="reverse" data-transition="none" href="javascript:createMail();" data-icon="false" data-iconpos="left">
                {!$Label.IC_GenerateSMS}
            </a>
            </div>
          </li>
          </ul>
        </div>
    </div>
</body>
</html>
</apex:page>

IC_GenerateSMS_VFCx Controller

public with sharing class IC_GenerateSMS_VFCx {
 /** Variable declarations **/
    public String accountId{get;set;}
    public String ownerId;
    private Account account;
    private User owner;
    private User Sender;
    //public String SMS{get;set;}
    public String Email{get;set;}
    public String Subject{get;set;}
    public String initBody{get;set;}
    public String initSubject{get;set;}
    public String Body{get;set;}
    private List<EmailTemplate> emailtemplates;
    private List<SelectOption> tempList = new List<SelectOption>();
    private EmailTemplate emailTemplate;
    public string selectedTemplate{get;set;}

public IC_GenerateSMS_VFCx() {
        /** Retrieve sms templates dedicated to mobile device **/
        List<Folder> Folders = [Select Id, Name From Folder Where Type = 'Email' AND DeveloperName like  '%Mobile'];
        emailtemplates = [select Id,Name,Subject,body,IsActive from EmailTemplate Where Folder.Id IN :Folders AND IsActive = true  Order By Folder.Name, Name Limit 1 ];
        tempList.add(new SelectOption('NONE', '----- ' + Label.IC_None +' -----'));
        for (EmailTemplate emailTemp : emailtemplates) {
            tempList.add(new SelectOption(emailTemp.id, emailTemp.Name));
        }
        /** Retrieve current account and owner information **/
        accountId = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');
        //account = [select id, Salutation, FirstName, LastName, PersonEmail, OwnerId from Account where id =: accountId];
        account = IC_Factory.getAccountt(accountId);
        //Email = account.PersonEmail;
        Email = account.PersonMobilePhone;
        //owner = [select id, FirstName, LastName from User where id = :account.OwnerId];
        //Sender = [select id, defaultStore__c from User where id =: UserInfo.getUserId()];
        owner = IC_Factory.getUser(account.OwnerId);
        Sender = IC_Factory.getUser(userInfo.getUserId());
    }

/** Provide options for email template list **/
    public List<SelectOption> getTemplateOptions() {
        return tempList;
    }

/** Encode and provide email template content **/
    public PageReference previewTemplate(){
        if(selectedTemplate <> 'NONE'){
            emailTemplate = [select Id,Name,Subject,Body from EmailTemplate where Id =: selectedTemplate LIMIT 1];
            Subject = renderMergeFieldsAndReplaceEncoding(emailTemplate.Subject);
            Body = renderMergeFieldsAndReplaceEncoding(emailTemplate.Body);
            initSubject = renderMergeFields(emailTemplate.Subject);
            initBody = renderMergeFields(emailTemplate.Body);
        }else{
            Subject = '';
            Body = '';
            initSubject = '';
            initBody = '';
        }
        return null;
    }

private String nullToText(String value) {
        return (value == null?'':value);
    }

private String nullToText_Title(String value) {
        return IC_UTILS.getTranslationPicklistValue('Contact', 'Salutation', value);
    }

private String nullToText_Salutation(String value) {
        return IC_UTILS.getTranslationPicklistValue('Contact', 'Salutation', value);
    }

/** Replace dynamic fields by value **/
    private String renderMergeFields(String textToRender) {
        textToRender = textToRender.replace('{!Contact.Salutation}', account.Title__pc == null ? nullToText_Salutation(account.Salutation):nullToText_Title(account.Title__pc) );
        textToRender = textToRender.replace('{!Contact.FirstName}',  nullToText(account.FirstName));
        textToRender = textToRender.replace('{!Contact.LastName}',  nullToText(account.LastName));
        textToRender = textToRender.replace('{!Contact.OwnerFirstName}',  nullToText(owner.FirstName));
        textToRender = textToRender.replace('{!Contact.OwnerLastName}',  nullToText(owner.LastName));
        textToRender = textToRender.replace('{!User.FirstName}',  nullToText(UserInfo.getFirstName()));
        textToRender = textToRender.replace('{!User.LastName}',  nullToText(UserInfo.getLastName()));
        textToRender = textToRender.replace('{!User.DefaultStore__c}', nullToText(Sender.defaultStore__c));
        return textToRender;
    }

/** Replace dynamic fields by value and formate for brower display **/
    private String renderMergeFieldsAndReplaceEncoding(String textToRender) {
    /*    
        textToRender = textToRender.replace('{!Contact.Salutation}', account.Salutation);
        textToRender = textToRender.replace('{!Contact.FirstName}', account.FirstName);
        textToRender = textToRender.replace('{!Contact.LastName}', account.LastName);
        textToRender = textToRender.replace('{!Contact.OwnerFirstName}', owner.FirstName);
        textToRender = textToRender.replace('{!Contact.OwnerLastName}', owner.LastName);
        textToRender = textToRender.replace('{!User.FirstName}', UserInfo.getFirstName());
        textToRender = textToRender.replace('{!User.LastName}', UserInfo.getLastName());
        textToRender = textToRender.replace('{!User.DefaultStore__c}', Sender.defaultStore__c);
     */
        textToRender = renderMergeFields(textToRender);    
        textToRender = textToRender.replace('\\n', '<br/>');
        return textToRender;
    }

/**
    * Create new Task for current user and selected client when user click on SMS or Mobile
    **/
    @RemoteAction
    public static String createTask(String accountId, String numberPhone, String selectedTemplate) {
        system.debug ('*** createTask ');
        String tskSubject = Label.IC_SendEmail + ': ' + selectedTemplate; 

String tskDescription =  String.format(Label.IC_TaskDescriptionEmail, new String[] {String.valueOf(Date.toDay()), UserInfo.getName(),  numberPhone, selectedTemplate });       

Task newTask = IC_Factory.createTask(accountId, tskSubject, tskDescription, null, null, null, null, 'Email');
        newTask.TECH_is_AutoSave__c = true;
        return IC_Factory.insertTask(newTask);
    } 

Help Please !!

Hi,

I have read the Apex concepts but I am not getting enough confidence in Apex coding, probably I need to practice more.

I was looking for Apex code examples/samples and use cases in google, but couldnt get any.

Can you please let me know if you have links to the Apex code examples/samples and use cases for Apex to try practicing.

Also for Apex classes and triggers, please let me know the following:

1. On which parts of Apex, I need to start for code practice and how to proceed further.

2. While practicing, what should be the areas that I need to practice more

3. What areas of Apex are commonly used

4. What areas of Apex are complex which needs more practice

5. How to frame the use cases myself for Apex code practice.

Thanks,

Priya.

Our business had a need to prevent closed-won opportunities from being edited or deleted by anyone, so I used a page layout with the edit and delete buttons removed, a "locked" record type and a workflow rule to change the record type whenever an opportunity was marked closed-won.  This is working fine for us, however I just learned that if anyone searches for the opportunity, they do see an edit button in the list view.  I currently have made all the fields read only so that they cannot be changed, but what would have been the better way to handle this requirement?

Thanks, I appreciate any advice.

Good afternoon.

I'd like to customize the Actions available on a Related List. Specifically, I'd like to remove the Edit/Del options on the Opportunity Product Related List and add an "Inactivate" in their place. We have too many custom fields and objects to make customization of the entire page realistic, and I can't really override any of the main page views to accomodate this.

Anybody ever had any success with this?

Thanks

We have Translation Workbench enabled in our orgs but I cannot find a way to translate custom object labels.  Did I miss something obvious?  I can see where we translate custom field labels but nothing at the object level.  This impacts the Tab labels, the Create New... xxx label in the sidebar, the "New xxx" related list label and the label value returned from the DescribeSObject API, to name a few.

- Ed

10/22 - We figured it out.  The translations for the objects appear in a different part of the menu structure, not in the Translation Workbench, which would've been more intuitive.  For those who want to know, you have to navigate to Customize >>> Tab Names and Labels >>> Rename Tabs and Labels.  From there, you can toggle between the different languages and translate your object labels via Tab labels.  Odd but it works.

Message Edited by Edward Gee on 10-22-2008 04:31 PM