• 15 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are building a website within salesforce and need to figure out how to code the meta tags/keywords and change the URL strings for each individual page for SEO purposes. Any suggestions?

The site is built and the pages are built. But the URLs are just generic using the salesforce ID. We want to add to the URL string and also figure out where to place the meta tags in the code. 
We have a custom test module and once a user submits the test, it is supposed to lock the user out from re-taking or editing the answers. They have 2 options, "Save and Finish Later" and "Submit". Save and Finish Later allows them to come back (click the test link) and resume the test. Submit is supposed to generate a message that they already submitted the test if they try to click the test link again. It seems this is not happening for all users. I did notice the "User Ids" field is not holding all the User Id's for Users that have submitted the test. It keeps resetting and only holding like 10 User Ids at a time. Not sure if this is the problem. Can anyone detect anything in the code that would cause this to happen?
(It wouldnt let me paste the code for some reason)

User-added image
I am looking for a simple solution to track when a custom url field is clicked on a record. I have a custom object with several URL's (URL Fields with default values) that link to Documents that also reside in Salesforce. I would like to track when a user clicks the link and reads the document. Any suggestions?
I currently have a trigger that checks a box when an attachment is added to a custom object called "Contracts__c". I would like to expand this Trigger to only check the box if the actual attatched document includes certain keywords. Is this possible? Here is my current code:

trigger CountAttachment on Attachment (before insert, before delete)
{
if(trigger.isinsert){
List<Contracts__c> co = [select id from Contracts__c where id =: Trigger.New[0].ParentId];
If(co.size()>0)        
{            
co[0].Contract_Attached__c = True;            
update co;        
}
}

if(trigger.isdelete){

List<Contracts__c> co = [select id from Contracts__c where id =: Trigger.old[0].ParentId];        
If(co.size()>0)        
{            
co[0].Contract_Attached__c = false;            
update co;        
}
}
}
Hello!
​I am looking for any ideas on how i could accomplish the following:
​I would like to have some sort of link on a list view (for a custom object) that would open a box in a new window (or pop up) that would display information from a certain field within/related to the record.  The key is to have this link available on the list view rather than going into the record. For some background, we have a Sales Center that can see all of our locations at a glance on our list view of stores. From this list view, the operatives have a link to open up an external webapge for each store. We would like to also have a link (or somthing) that would open a popup to display some important information about that specific store (example: Closed on Wednesday, 12/16/2015 for a company meeting). This could be pulled from a field in the record if needed.
​Any ideas? I am definetely not an expert on coding, so any assistance would be appreciated.
​Thanks
I am looking for a simple solution to track when a custom url field is clicked on a record. I have a custom object with several URL's (URL Fields with default values) that link to Documents that also reside in Salesforce. I would like to track when a user clicks the link and reads the document. Any suggestions?
I currently have a trigger that checks a box when an attachment is added to a custom object called "Contracts__c". I would like to expand this Trigger to only check the box if the actual attatched document includes certain keywords. Is this possible? Here is my current code:

trigger CountAttachment on Attachment (before insert, before delete)
{
if(trigger.isinsert){
List<Contracts__c> co = [select id from Contracts__c where id =: Trigger.New[0].ParentId];
If(co.size()>0)        
{            
co[0].Contract_Attached__c = True;            
update co;        
}
}

if(trigger.isdelete){

List<Contracts__c> co = [select id from Contracts__c where id =: Trigger.old[0].ParentId];        
If(co.size()>0)        
{            
co[0].Contract_Attached__c = false;            
update co;        
}
}
}
Hi, 
I have created a trigger and I now testing it from a test class. 
Something is going wrong and I would like to figure out what. 
I am using the salesforce developer console.
I have put system.debug messages in strategic places in the test class and in the trigger itself.
non of them of showing on the logs tab.
I am sure that there is something simple that I am missing. 
Please advice, 
Thank, 
Aidel
Hello!

I have Salesforce Enterprise. I have downloaded Eclipse SDK. 

I am looking to create a trigger for when a document is uploaded, it will trigger a check box in Contact (or another object if it's easier?) that a document uploaded. It would be even greater if it updated a text box with the date the document was created.

I have two documents, a 1) Policy form and a 2) Contract form. When a Policy form is uploaded via a form into Notes and Attatchments, I would like a box to EITHER check or have the date created appear. I would like to differentiate this form with the Contract form. Is this possible?

So

Policy form uploaded --> Date updated
OR
Policy form uploaded --> box checked

...Really whichever is easier to do!

Thanks so much.

Best,
Lynn
This makes absolutely no sense to me. I am trying to insert two OpportunityLineItems that are exactly the same but I get this exception. What good reason is there to stop the insertion of two Records that are the same?

I understand if this was an upsert operation as you can't insert and update and the same time but I am inserting two brand new OpportuntiyLineItem records.

Thanks,
Jason

Message Edited by TehNrd on 09-24-2008 04:48 PM
  • September 24, 2008