• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I need to dynamically add the GRID from the controller using the SLDS. I'm referring the salesforce trailhead https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/lightning_design_system/lightning-design-system3. But the problem is that it is adding the GRID view at the VF page design time and not runtime. So how do I add dynamic grid view based on controller's list attribute.

Any help is much appreciated.
Hi All,

I want to display a GRID view page based on SDLS (Salesforce Lightning Design System) which can fetch the list of Account and its associated attributes. The idea is to have a single view showing multiple GRID for each accounts based on some categorization like slow support cases, recently viewed and Stale Accounts. for example the Image below can give a rough idea.

First Screen
Once the user clicks any Account inside the GRID view, for example Account1 in Slow Support case section. Another View will open which will display the account information for that particular Account being clicked and will show the list of support cases in another GRID view section. Refer the Screenshot below.
Second Screen

Hi All,

I'm trying a lightning trailhead link to implement the Tile view for contact. But even after coding the same in VF page I'm unable to see any results upon Preview. Please help.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/project/workshop-lightning-design-system-visualforce/slds-vf-07-contact-tiles

Here is my code- (which is same as mentioned in the trailhead)

<apex:page >

<h1>Congratulations</h1>
  This is your new Page

<script>
  (function() {
    var contact = new SObjectModel.Contact();
    var contactList = document.getElementById('contact-list');

function createTile (record) {
      return [
        '<li class="slds-item">',
          '<div class="slds-tile slds-media">',
            '<div class="slds-media__body">',
              '<h3 class="slds-truncate" title="', record.get('Name'), '"><a href="javascript:void(0);">', record.get('Name') ,'</a></h3>',
              '<div class="slds-tile__detail slds-text-body--small">',
                '<p class="slds-truncate">', record.get('Title') ,'</p>',
              '</div>',
            '</div>',
          '</div>',
        '</li>'
      ].join('');
    }

contact.retrieve(
      { orderby: [{ LastModifiedDate: 'DESC' }], limit: 10 },
      function(error, records) {
        if (error) {
          alert(error.message);
        } else {
          contactList.innerHTML = records.map(createTile).join('');
        }
      }
    );
  })();

</script>
</apex:page>

Hi All,

I'm a novice to salesforce and facing some technical hiccups while implementing the custom button javascript onClick section. My problem statement is-

1. I have created a custom button for lead SO.
2. I will add this custom button on the Lead page layout (New).
3. When user creates a new Lead and click on this custom button, I would like to validate the email address what user has entered on the lead page.
4. I need to know in Javascript as to how to pass the sObject to the Apex- Webservice method, so that I can retrieve the email address. Also post verification I can update the same on the lead page. Please mind that the new record is still not saved.
5. Post validation user can click on SAVE button on Lead page and save the record.

Please note that this is a non-override approach.

Any help please?
Hi All,

I'm trying to write a common controller extension for standard salesforce object like lead, account and contact. Since the extension controller constructor is generic I'm planning to use the same extension class (Controller class- APEX). Is there any cons to this approach. I'm basically collecting the email and phone from these standard object and perform some operation in real-time.

My approach in short: 
1. I will give a custom button on the Salesforce standard object like Lead, Account and contact Visualforce Page. (non-override approach)
2. Please note that this approach is only for interactive use case which means while creating or editing a record (Lead, Account and Contact) in Salesforce.
3. I'm planning to handle this custom button logic in Extension controller class (say CommonControllerExtension).
4. I will perform my logic on SO email and phone.

For example:
public CommonControllerExtension(ApexPages.StandardController sController)
    {
        this.sController = sController;
    }

Any help please.
Hi All,
I'm quite new to Salesforce and I have been struglling to get the best approach to do batch operations on Salesforce standard objects like Account, Lead etc. I'm planning to create a batch job which contains batch operations on standard salesforce objects. Is there any existing way I can achieve the same within salesforce. I don't want to implement a fancy UI to perform this I'm planning to use the existing List View and add a custom button on it to perform the batch operations.

How my batch operations will work-
1. User selects a bunch of records (from Salesfroce standard objects)
2. System creates a new batch job from the user's selected records.
3. User click on Custom button (provided by me for Batch Processing)
4. Records gets updated and the job status (Pass/Fail) gets saved against the JobID#.
5. Will update the salesforce standard objects as per the batch operations.
Hi I'm very new to SF.com and recently developed a VisualForce page (Lead_Override) and a controller (Lead_Controller) in Apex. I have override the standard Lead object 'NEW' button functionality, upon clicking 'NEW' on Leads my custom Visualforce page (Lead_Override) will be displayed to the customer which is having some additional custom buttons.

Now what troubling me is that how to publish (or package) my changes to some other user. Please note that I'm working on a Developer account and I want to demonstrate my Custom page on Lead 'NEW' functionality. And i'm not having any Enterprise or Sanbox environment.

Please help.
Hi I'm very new to this salesforce development community. So what i'm looking at is to create a visual force application which on Button click can fetch the data from Salesforce system (Like accessing some standards and custom objects data). And once we populate this data we need to called an external web service which will be consuming this Salesforce data.

Any idea please.
Hi All,

I'm a novice to salesforce and facing some technical hiccups while implementing the custom button javascript onClick section. My problem statement is-

1. I have created a custom button for lead SO.
2. I will add this custom button on the Lead page layout (New).
3. When user creates a new Lead and click on this custom button, I would like to validate the email address what user has entered on the lead page.
4. I need to know in Javascript as to how to pass the sObject to the Apex- Webservice method, so that I can retrieve the email address. Also post verification I can update the same on the lead page. Please mind that the new record is still not saved.
5. Post validation user can click on SAVE button on Lead page and save the record.

Please note that this is a non-override approach.

Any help please?
Hi All,

I'm trying to write a common controller extension for standard salesforce object like lead, account and contact. Since the extension controller constructor is generic I'm planning to use the same extension class (Controller class- APEX). Is there any cons to this approach. I'm basically collecting the email and phone from these standard object and perform some operation in real-time.

My approach in short: 
1. I will give a custom button on the Salesforce standard object like Lead, Account and contact Visualforce Page. (non-override approach)
2. Please note that this approach is only for interactive use case which means while creating or editing a record (Lead, Account and Contact) in Salesforce.
3. I'm planning to handle this custom button logic in Extension controller class (say CommonControllerExtension).
4. I will perform my logic on SO email and phone.

For example:
public CommonControllerExtension(ApexPages.StandardController sController)
    {
        this.sController = sController;
    }

Any help please.
Hi All,
I'm quite new to Salesforce and I have been struglling to get the best approach to do batch operations on Salesforce standard objects like Account, Lead etc. I'm planning to create a batch job which contains batch operations on standard salesforce objects. Is there any existing way I can achieve the same within salesforce. I don't want to implement a fancy UI to perform this I'm planning to use the existing List View and add a custom button on it to perform the batch operations.

How my batch operations will work-
1. User selects a bunch of records (from Salesfroce standard objects)
2. System creates a new batch job from the user's selected records.
3. User click on Custom button (provided by me for Batch Processing)
4. Records gets updated and the job status (Pass/Fail) gets saved against the JobID#.
5. Will update the salesforce standard objects as per the batch operations.