• Salesforce Administrator/Developer
  • San Francisco Zen Center

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a FormAssembly form to register applicants for a program. On the form they upload their profile picture. That loads to Google Docs, Notes, & Attachments just fine. What I am trying to do is either add the image to a rich text field automatically or include a link to the image in a report. So far in researching this I have not found any solution. I'm wondering if either or both of these scenarios are even possible and if so how could it be accomplished if it can. 
I just ran the Security Health Check report. There are areas which need attention. Are there any issues/gotchas I should be aware of before click the 'Fix Risks' button?
Here is the issue I'm hoping to get help with. We have records that are populated by our event registration system. Sometimes the email for the registrant is populated sometimes its not (this is an issue the software maker is going to fix). But for now I have moved the Contact email field over to the Opporunity record. We almost always have the contact email, but not always. I am trying to set up a way for Salesforce to choose the populated email field and use that to send the email. Is there a way to set this up so the system will choose to only use the populated email field to send the confirmation email? I tried Process Builder and it sort of worked, but if it turns out both fields are populated it sends two emails. Not a great solution. 
I just got asked to do something unusual. We are using Fonteva as our event reg platform. There is an underlying issue with the software they are working on. But till then we are faced with this problem. Sometimes their native email field populates and a registration confirmation is sent, and sometimes it isn't for the contact. I have been asked to add the Contact email field (from the Contact object) to the Attendee object, which I've done. What I want to do is this. If the native Fonteva email field is blank then use the Contact email field and send the email. Is there a way to do this, say with Process Builder, Workflow, Flow Script or a formula?
Can a Process Builder Process be turned off manually keep it from firing) using let's say a checkbox if you don't want to fire? Or maybe a Flow script that gets trigger manually? 
I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer. I have set up 3 Process Builder Processes to send out email to contacts. The first process sends an email when a contact's membership is 30 days out from expiration. The second Process Builder process send an email when the contacts membership is 14 days out from expiring, and the third Process Builder process is set to send an email one day after the contacts membership expires. But if the first email goes out at 30 days prior and the contact responds we don't want the 2nd or 3rd emails to go out, and if they don't respond then we want the 14 day notice to go out, and of course if the 14 day notice goes out and the contact responds then the last email in the chain should not go out. 

So the issue is, is there a way when and if the contact responds for me to check a box or create a Process or Workflow rule to cancel the other emails in the chain from being sent?
I've created a formula for a Workflow Rule to Update a field value. But I get and error message: Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function 'ISPICKVAL()' Expected 2, received 3

I don't seem able to correct this. Anyone have any ideas?

User-added image

I have a picklist field called Membership Has Ended, there is only one value in the field which is 'Yes'. I have workflow formula (see below) I'm trying to use to update the field to Yes. But I can't seem to get it to work. Does anyone have any ideas. The syntax checks out as ok, but its still not updating the Membership Has Ended field. Anyone have an idea why this isn't working. 

npe01__Membership_End_Date__c =  TODAY() - 30  && ISPICKVAL(Payment_Channel__c, "Click and Pledge")  &&  Last_Membership_Origin__c = 'Annual' 
Can a Trigger be Built in Salesforce to Delete Docs in a Google Doc Folder?
I have a question about Salesforce Files. We have a test group of users now working in Lightning Experience. One particular tester would like to use Salesforce Files. I have downloaded the application called Magic Mover for Notes and Attachments to Lightning Experience. Before I move forward with the migration process I'm wondering what if any impact this will have on those users outside the test group who are still working in Salesforce Classic? 
We are running multiple events with registrations coming into the system. Ideally we would like to push the registrations out to a single workbook with each event's attendee's being listed on an indivdual worksheet in the workbook. Is there a way to accomplish this using a third party tool, Data Loader batch processing, or by writing SOQL queries and pushing the data pulled by the queries to individual worksheets in a single workbook? 
We are dealing with two schools of thought around the creation of Profiles at my organization. The contention is that we only need one Profile for the entire organization, and then everything else can be done using permision sets. We have a variety of of end users in various management positions requiring access. The plan (see below in itallics) I personally don't think covers a wider variety of issues, such as field level security and reporting (exposure of information to which certain individuals should not have access). Suffice to say I do not see this plan as working versus individually designed profiles based the end users need. In order to make sure there are no holes in the bucket so to speak I am looking for advice on where those might be and type of correction to this plan that would be indicated to plug those holes. Thanks in advance for any assistance from an expert in security would be very helpful:

“All Users” profile and permission set - Design and Implementation
This document describes the design of the All Users permission sets.
Design
For All Users, we create an "All Users - Read" profile; this profile will be used by all Salesforce users (except system administrators), and it gives read access to those objects and fields that each Salesforce user should have access to. The "All Users - Read" profile provides read access the following types of information:
Basic personal contact information (name, address, phone, email, etc), emergency contact information
Personal affiliations -- Basic account information including affiliations (for both organizations, households, and all other account types)
Basic SFZC donor status (e.g. most recent donation date)
Basic dharma status (e.g. is the person a teacher, a priest, a student; who a student's teacher is)
Non-financial reservations information
Non-financial events & classes information
In conjunction with this profile, we create two permission sets - one to grant Change access and one to grant Delete access. Either one of these permission sets may be attached to user or user group to grant additional permissions as required.
Implementation
In the SFZC Salesforce, the “SFZC Front Office User” user profile was used as the starting point for creating the “All Users - Read” permission set and its companion Change and Delete permission sets.
Field-level permissions control Read and Edit permissions on each field of an object [and object-level permissions control Create and Delete permissions for the entire object]. For objects requiring differing field-level permissions, we disable (uncheck) the Read and Edit object-level permissions - thus allowing the field-level permissions to control those permissions on a per-field basis.
Process to create the “All Users - Read” profile:
Clone the SFZC user profile “SFZC Front Office User” to form the initial version of the “All Users - Read” profile.
Looking at the “All Users - Read” profile as a detailed model, create a permission set “All Users - Delete” which has the same Read, Create, Edit, and Delete object permissions as the profile except omit permissions for those objects that our design does not provide to all users e.g. financial data, management data.
    Notes:  
In each of the individual Object Settings, it is not necessary to assign values for Tab Setting - because the profile already provides those settings. Similarly, it is not necessary to assign values for Page Layouts - because the profile already provides those settings.
I did not give All Users any permissions for Click & Pledge-related objects. (Access to these objects will be assigned in the Development permission sets.)
I did not give All Users any permissions for campaign-related objects. (Access to these objects will be assigned in the Development permission sets.)
I did not give All Users any permissions for Classy-related objects. (Access to these objects will be assigned in the Development permission sets.)
Contacts TO DO: Assign field permissions.
I did not give access for DEPRECATED objects.
I did not give access for Fund-related objects. (Access to these objects will be assigned in the Development or financial permission sets.)
I did not give access to Guest Students Information.
Households - TO DO: Assign field permissions.
I did not give access to Trigger Handlers.
Issue:  A few objects e.g. “CC Front Office Operations” have the special permissions View All and/or Modify All. I have copied those settings into this permission set.
“All Users - Delete” / Object Settings / Contacts / Field Permissions: In this “. . . Delete” permission set, the object-level permissions grant all permissions,
TO DO: Remove Create, Edit, and Delete permissions from the starter version of the “All Users - Read” profile.
MORE goes here
END of document.
I would like to know if this is even possible. We are still using Salesforce Classic and won't be moving to Lightning anytime soon. When we have Google Docs, Notes, & Attachments which are on the Opportunity object we would like those to materialize on the Contacts and Accounts Google Docs, Notes, & Attachments section/object. is this possible with either Flow or Process Builder? 
I created a Process Builder process to replace the Workflow rule that sends out an email because we had to build the email send to the event registrant based on two different critieria. The process works, but it sends to copies of the email. Not sure what I've done wrong in building the process. Anyone have any ideas?
We are running out of data space and I came up with the idea of migrating old outdated records (Development still needs to have access to these records but not on a daily basis, only occasionally, so I want them deleted out of the system to free up space and preclude. They are backed up on our back and recovery system OwnBackup) via Skyvia to a MySQL database, which would make those records available for access to Development when they need them. Being they are none technical I was thinking I could create a Visualforce page which was connected to the MySQL database and a lookup field to reach out and query that database for records they want to review. Does that sound like a workable idea? 
I am working on creating a solution for our membership department and could use some suggestions on programming it. I think the way to go would be to use Workflow Rules and a Time based email. Process Builder might be another approach. I would be using the:

1st email sent would be Membership End Date field minus 30 days
2nd email sent would be Membership End Date field minus 14 days
3rd email sent would be Membership End Date + 1 date

Any help would be appreciated.

The scenario would be this:
Annual Members: We recently ended our subscription with Click & Pledge and are now using Classy, however, we still have approximately 110  members who paid for an annual membership in Click & Pledge over the last year. That means that we still have people whose Click & Pledge annual memberships will be expiring until early May 2019. Normally many of these memberships would automatically renew, however, because their card numbers were stored in Click & Pledge, the membership will be lost. Our hope is to retain these members by sending them re-enrollment emails.
Annual Cash/Check Members: We also have about 65 members paying by check or cash, that we would like to send an automatic renewal reminder to when their annual membership expires. 

Desired Outcomes
For each expiring member, we would like to send them three different emails:
Email 1: Sent 1 month prior to expiration date
Email 2: Sent 2 weeks prior to expiration date
Email 3: Sent day after expiration date
I am trying to add the Due Date to an Activity report, but can't find the Due Date listed as a field I can add. Does anyone know if that might go by another name in reporting on Activities? I see Due Time but not Due Date. It shows up on the Open Activites section of the Contact record, but isn't available as a field in reporting. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 
Two Factor Authentication Issue

One of our users just moved on to another position. They were logging in with two-factor authentication. We have a temp using that person's account. The problem is while I have removed two-factor authentication from that former users login because it was continuing to go to the former users phone (the temp is using the former users account), it still pops up when the temp tries to login, and obviously we don't have the former users phone. In removing two-factor authentication I assumed it would no longer be an issue for the temp. But, when she logs in it still sends the authentication to the former users phone. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening. I can't seem to find any information online to take care of this issue. 
We recently installed a new event registration application called Fonteva. We are having a problem with reporting on complete GL Account codes. The GL Account codes are truncated in reporting and they can't seem to come up with an answer for us to alleviate this issue. So I was thinking there might be some other way of doing this through potentially using Process Builder. My idea is this.

The Description field in the Transaction object has part of the GL Account Code, lets say '42300 Workshop Income' but the complete GL Account Code should be and look like this 4233-3-35 Workshop Income. Is there a way for me to create a field that when the incomplete code '42300 Workshop Income' posts it triggers a complete code of '4233-3-35 Workshop Income' in a custom field? I was thinking maybe this could be accomplished in Process Builder. Any help would be very much appreciated
Thanks in advance.
I have a link to an image, and that link is stored in the Description field in the Contact object. I want that link to show up in reporting, but when I add the Description field to my report the link isn't showing up. Anybody have an idea as to why that is? 
I am trying to set Process Builder to creeate a new record from a date field. When the WPA Start Date reaches 182 days out from the start date I want to create a record that would be the next WPA level. But when I set up the formula I get the following error message (see image below). Not sure why this is occuring:

User-added image
Can a Process Builder Process be turned off manually keep it from firing) using let's say a checkbox if you don't want to fire? Or maybe a Flow script that gets trigger manually? 
I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer. I have set up 3 Process Builder Processes to send out email to contacts. The first process sends an email when a contact's membership is 30 days out from expiration. The second Process Builder process send an email when the contacts membership is 14 days out from expiring, and the third Process Builder process is set to send an email one day after the contacts membership expires. But if the first email goes out at 30 days prior and the contact responds we don't want the 2nd or 3rd emails to go out, and if they don't respond then we want the 14 day notice to go out, and of course if the 14 day notice goes out and the contact responds then the last email in the chain should not go out. 

So the issue is, is there a way when and if the contact responds for me to check a box or create a Process or Workflow rule to cancel the other emails in the chain from being sent?
I've created a formula for a Workflow Rule to Update a field value. But I get and error message: Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function 'ISPICKVAL()' Expected 2, received 3

I don't seem able to correct this. Anyone have any ideas?

User-added image

We are running multiple events with registrations coming into the system. Ideally we would like to push the registrations out to a single workbook with each event's attendee's being listed on an indivdual worksheet in the workbook. Is there a way to accomplish this using a third party tool, Data Loader batch processing, or by writing SOQL queries and pushing the data pulled by the queries to individual worksheets in a single workbook? 
I would like to know if this is even possible. We are still using Salesforce Classic and won't be moving to Lightning anytime soon. When we have Google Docs, Notes, & Attachments which are on the Opportunity object we would like those to materialize on the Contacts and Accounts Google Docs, Notes, & Attachments section/object. is this possible with either Flow or Process Builder? 
I am trying to add the Due Date to an Activity report, but can't find the Due Date listed as a field I can add. Does anyone know if that might go by another name in reporting on Activities? I see Due Time but not Due Date. It shows up on the Open Activites section of the Contact record, but isn't available as a field in reporting. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 
Two Factor Authentication Issue

One of our users just moved on to another position. They were logging in with two-factor authentication. We have a temp using that person's account. The problem is while I have removed two-factor authentication from that former users login because it was continuing to go to the former users phone (the temp is using the former users account), it still pops up when the temp tries to login, and obviously we don't have the former users phone. In removing two-factor authentication I assumed it would no longer be an issue for the temp. But, when she logs in it still sends the authentication to the former users phone. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening. I can't seem to find any information online to take care of this issue. 
We recently installed a new event registration application called Fonteva. We are having a problem with reporting on complete GL Account codes. The GL Account codes are truncated in reporting and they can't seem to come up with an answer for us to alleviate this issue. So I was thinking there might be some other way of doing this through potentially using Process Builder. My idea is this.

The Description field in the Transaction object has part of the GL Account Code, lets say '42300 Workshop Income' but the complete GL Account Code should be and look like this 4233-3-35 Workshop Income. Is there a way for me to create a field that when the incomplete code '42300 Workshop Income' posts it triggers a complete code of '4233-3-35 Workshop Income' in a custom field? I was thinking maybe this could be accomplished in Process Builder. Any help would be very much appreciated
Thanks in advance.
I created a formula field to look at the Event Name and if its a particular name it takes the ticket type and count of tickets is multiple by the cost of the ticket based  on the type of ticket and cost. I am get the following error message, but can't tell whats wrong with the formula
I should mention the VALUE part of the formula works fine, but in adding the IF statement I am now getting and error. Any help solving this is greatly appreciated. 

Error: Syntax error. Missing ')'

Formula:

IF(Event_Specific_Name__c = 02/04/2018 CC "Meditation Training Practice Day"  + VALUE(TEXT(General_Admission_of_Tickets_Ordered__c)) * 90.00 
I have a formula that works fine for finding values in a picklist and multiplying those by a ticket price:

VALUE(TEXT(General_Admission_of_Tickets_Ordered__c)) * 90.00

But I need to add one more variable and am having trouble with that. We have a series of events and in some the price of the ticket is different from others. So I need to use this formula and add the specific event name so when the price varies by event name the total will be correct. Can anyone furnish a solution for this? Thanks in advance. 
Hello,

I'm have a problem with a workflow rule using this formula, and am getting an error message. Can somebody point out where I'm going wrong?

CreatedDate  =  YEAR(2018) 
I am trying to create a formula to convert total number of days into years and months. But can't seem to get that to work. Has anyone got any suggestions on how to do this?
Hi All,

I created a formula field where I'm subtracting the Start Date the End Date of a record, but the value that gets returned is a negative number i.e. -26. How can I fix the formula to show a non negative number? Thanks in advance for any help?

Warmly,
Glenn