• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Say i have a one-to-many lookup relationship between 'Parts' and 'PartsCategory' objects. Something like say the following example records:

Part, Price, Brand, Model, CategoryCode:
Front fender, $40.40, Mercedes, A-class, 10.23.4
Rim, $80.00, Chrysler, Voyager, 23.10.4

Category, Location, Manager, Code:
Plastics/Protection, Warehouse C, John Doe, 10.23.4
Wheels, Warehouse F, Jane Doe, 23.10.4

If i create a lookup between the two the user wil be presented with a picklist of PartsCategory that will fill with the SF generated, to the user meaningless, IDs. Obviously i would like to change this to Category(Plastics/Protection, Wheels.... etc.). What's the best way of doing this. I'm aware and have already create custom formula fields that display the Category and Location fields but how would i create/change the picklist so that the user can search/select on Category name instead of a meaningless Category ID ?

I have a similar question with picklists, it's important to us to seperate name/value pairs to be able to interact with other systems with existing IDs. Also, having hardcoded strings instead of name/value pairs like with picklists seems a bad idea to me altough from the research i've done there is not a clear and simple way how to handle these problems. To summarize:

1) What's the best way to implement name/value pairs for picklists ? (custom object with a lookup relationship brings me to the next question)
2) What's the best way to customize the field on wich a lookup relationships searches (so not on SF name field but say the CategoryName field)
I have a custom button that calls a flow, and functionally it is working well.  
(My flow is called "Onboard", I have a custom object called Onboard, and a lookup field on account page that points to the Custom Onboard object.  Basic functionality of my flow:  detect if an onboard record exists associated with this account;  If it exists, display a screen to user with existing values and allow user to update;  If Onboard does not exist, create new onboard record linked to account and give same display screen to capture user values.  final step:  values from user input screen update the onboard record)
Here is my custom button URL that passes variables into the flow: 
/flow/Onboard?AccOwnerId={!Account.OwnerId}&varAccount={!Account.Id}&VarAccOnboard={!Account.OnBoardId__c}&retURL=/{!Account.Id}

Functionally, I have it all working, data is updating as I expect it to. However, I seem to be limited in how I can customize the screen.  

Issue 1:  When I change my "window open properties" on my custom button, to set height and width, this seems to have no effect on the window that pops up with my flow.  Is this something hard coded from visual workflow, I can't control the size of my pop up screen?  

Issue 2:  Use of screen itself:  All the fields on my screen are in one column, on top of each other with no spacing between them, and would look nicer if I could use the full width of the screen... but I can't seem to figure out how to customize the screen layout at all.

Are these known limitations of visual workflow, and I need to look into embedding my flow into a visualforce page to get the customization I want?

thanks all
-Aaron
  • September 09, 2015
Ok, been directed here by support so hoping someone can help.

Basically noticed that our case milestones were violating outside our set business hours.  After a lot of head scratching the only conclusion was that our timezone on the business hours in use by the entitlement processes were set to GMT.  I have changed this to BST (British Summer Time) to prevent more out of hours violations.

I have asked support if having it set to BST would mean that come Autumn salesforce will automatically revert back an hour in line with daylight savings.  They have said this does not occur and you have to manually change the timezone each time daylight savings occurs.

Can anyone confirm if this is true?  Seems like something so basic that I can't believe its not in the system. 
  • April 21, 2016
My landing page in Classic is a VisualForce page.  I have Lightning Experience enabled.  When I'm on the landing page in Classic and I click my name then "Switch to Lightning Experience", the page goes nowhere.  However, when I go to a standard tab, like Opportunities, then click "Switch to Lightning Experience", it works just fine.  This is affecting all users in my org.

Any idea what might be going wrong?

I'll paste my VF page code below, but there's no reason why it should affect this.

<apex:page controller="ChartClass" title="Metrie Home Page" readonly="true">

<apex:sectionHeader title="Metrie Home Page" subtitle="">
        <apex:panelGrid columns="1" width="100%">
            <c:NewsTicker />
        </apex:panelGrid>
        <apex:outputText value="Viewing {0}" style="font-size:22px;font-weight:bold;">
            <apex:param value="{!chartScope}"/>
        </apex:outputText>
    </apex:sectionHeader>

<apex:panelGrid columns="2">

<apex:panelGrid columns="1">

<apex:panelGrid columns="3" width="100%">
                <c:MetrieNewsComponent />
                <c:MetrieHomePageComponent />
                <c:GamificationComponent />

<apex:panelGrid columns="3" width="100%">
                <apex:panelgroup >
                    <c:Top10OpenOppsList />
                </apex:panelgroup>
                    <c:Top10CasesList />
                    <c:OpenCasesComponent />

<c:OpenTaskComponent />
                    <a href="/007">Click here for more open Tasks</a>

<apex:panelGrid columns="1" width="100%" >            
            <apex:outputPanel layout="block" style="overflow:auto;width:500px;height:667px" >
                <chatter:newsfeed />
            </apex:outputPanel>

</apex:page>

I have a custom button that calls a flow, and functionally it is working well.  
(My flow is called "Onboard", I have a custom object called Onboard, and a lookup field on account page that points to the Custom Onboard object.  Basic functionality of my flow:  detect if an onboard record exists associated with this account;  If it exists, display a screen to user with existing values and allow user to update;  If Onboard does not exist, create new onboard record linked to account and give same display screen to capture user values.  final step:  values from user input screen update the onboard record)
Here is my custom button URL that passes variables into the flow: 
/flow/Onboard?AccOwnerId={!Account.OwnerId}&varAccount={!Account.Id}&VarAccOnboard={!Account.OnBoardId__c}&retURL=/{!Account.Id}

Functionally, I have it all working, data is updating as I expect it to. However, I seem to be limited in how I can customize the screen.  

Issue 1:  When I change my "window open properties" on my custom button, to set height and width, this seems to have no effect on the window that pops up with my flow.  Is this something hard coded from visual workflow, I can't control the size of my pop up screen?  

Issue 2:  Use of screen itself:  All the fields on my screen are in one column, on top of each other with no spacing between them, and would look nicer if I could use the full width of the screen... but I can't seem to figure out how to customize the screen layout at all.

Are these known limitations of visual workflow, and I need to look into embedding my flow into a visualforce page to get the customization I want?

thanks all
-Aaron
  • September 09, 2015