• Head of Technology
  • Audio Network Limited

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I want to clone the metadata from our UAT (full) sandbox into a scratch org, populate with minimal data, perform some api integration tests and delete the scratch org. I have the development hub setup on my production org.

I understand I need to perform the following steps, but I'm missing some of the sfdx commands:

authenticate with CLI to UAT sandbox
how? using sfdx-project.json ?

download the metadata from UAT sandbox
sfdx force:mdapi:retrieve -r ./mdapipkg -u <username> -k ./package.xml

convert from metadata to source format
sfdx force:mdapi:convert --rootdir mdapi_project --outputdir tmp_convert

create a scratch org
sfdx force:auth:web:login --setdefaultdevhubusername --setalias DevHub

push the source format to the scratch org
sfdx force:auth:web:login --setdefaultdevhubusername --setalias DevHub

populate with a minimal dataset
how? https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.sfdx_dev.meta/sfdx_dev/sfdx_dev_test_data_example.htm 

perform integration tests
I got this!

clear down the scratch org
how?

Thank you

• April 01, 2019
Hi all,

I'm looking for any examples of customers who use SFDC Account/Contact records for their public website customer profiles via the SFDC API, instead of storing customer records in both SFDC and their website.

i.e.
1) customer logs onto website, API used to retrieve Account + Contact records and validate login
2) customer views their 'account' page, API used to retrieve Account + Contact records
3) customer updates their 'account' page, API used to update Account + Contact records
4) customer makes a purchase, API used to update the 'Order' object
5) customer does other actions on website, API used to update other objects

I'm considering using the SFDC API from the website as well as various middleware solutions, would be good to find out who else has had success with the direct API approach, particularly using SFDC as the credentials repository. I know I need to factor in SFDC uptime, API cost, latency, limits, integration complexity etc.

Many thanks
Sean
  • April 05, 2016

I am following the directions in the post https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Configuring-SAML-SSO-to-Custom-.Net-Application and have almost gotten it to work but am running in a invalid certificate problem

I have download the cert from the the Identify Provider setup page as per instructions and am using that cert in the sample app but when it goes to check the signature it says certificate is invalid.

It does the redirect to the salesforce login page and I see the response after authentication with the SAMLResponse filled in as expected.

I am pretty sure it is a config issue but not sure what I should be looking at.

Additionally - I have setup the Connected Apps feature and I don't see a the SAMLReponse at all in the request to my application (I am also pretty sure these are related)

Thanks in advance.

Whatty