Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I'm writing a button on a Case page that
1. gets some values from the local Case:
var name = "{!Case.Subject}";

2. Puts them into an Apex call to create a different object.
3. should write some stuff back into the local case, so
{!Case.Project__c} =  project;

...which does not work.

So what is the way to set the local record's fields in Javascript?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Thorsten

Hi,

I want to customize (or replace) this thing, what's its name?

Home Page List

Is there a visual guide somewhere where I can find answers to this kind of question for myself?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Thorsten
Hi,

I'm making my first steps, and I'm running against a wall already. It feels like this should be very easy, but I can't find a way to do it at all.

I want to create a button on the Case page to create a new record (custom object) based on the case displayed. The most promising (if the word applies) description is a six-year-old post on how to do your very own URL rewriting, but that does not seem to apply on custom objects (or the description is simply out of date).

In my fantasy SF I'd use a custom action of type "Create a Record", and set some translation table for which data to set in the new record (if required at all, should be obvious really). For some reason, "Create a Record" is limited to very few objects, and has no way to seed data into the new record.

So where to start? Is there some piece of SF wisdom I've still to pick up, so that I can answer questions like this with a simple search in the documentation?

There is still a whole lot of SF I haven't even looked at, maybe the answer is simple. I'm supposed to learn Apex anyway, and always wanted to try Javascript, so if one of those is the best solution, then that's where I want to go. Again, where to start reading?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Thorsten
Hi,

beginner here, trying to create my first workflow rule. The rule is active, set to evaluate when created and edited, the rule criteria formula is set to "true". I've added an email to exclude a problem with the field update action. Nothing happens. Log says this:

[...]
18:42:58.0 (17017761)|WF_RULE_EVAL_BEGIN|Workflow
18:42:58.0 (17065573)|WF_CRITERIA_BEGIN|[Case: 00001007 50058000000tlPq]|Set Status Percentage|01Q58000000PQf7|ON_CREATE_OR_TRIGGERING_UPDATE|0
18:42:58.0 (17193234)|WF_RULE_NOT_EVALUATED
18:42:58.0 (17208948)|WF_SPOOL_ACTION_BEGIN|Workflow
18:42:58.0 (17215115)|WF_ACTION| None
18:42:58.0 (17217305)|WF_RULE_EVAL_END
[...]

Not even evaluated? Did I do something to make it angry? Where do I enter my apologies?

That's on universal "INTERNAL" debug by the way, I expected an avalanche of data. Is there another way to dig deeper?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Thorsten
Hi,

I'm writing a button on a Case page that
1. gets some values from the local Case:
var name = "{!Case.Subject}";

2. Puts them into an Apex call to create a different object.
3. should write some stuff back into the local case, so
{!Case.Project__c} =  project;

...which does not work.

So what is the way to set the local record's fields in Javascript?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Thorsten

Hi,

I want to customize (or replace) this thing, what's its name?

Home Page List

Is there a visual guide somewhere where I can find answers to this kind of question for myself?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Thorsten
Hi,

I'm making my first steps, and I'm running against a wall already. It feels like this should be very easy, but I can't find a way to do it at all.

I want to create a button on the Case page to create a new record (custom object) based on the case displayed. The most promising (if the word applies) description is a six-year-old post on how to do your very own URL rewriting, but that does not seem to apply on custom objects (or the description is simply out of date).

In my fantasy SF I'd use a custom action of type "Create a Record", and set some translation table for which data to set in the new record (if required at all, should be obvious really). For some reason, "Create a Record" is limited to very few objects, and has no way to seed data into the new record.

So where to start? Is there some piece of SF wisdom I've still to pick up, so that I can answer questions like this with a simple search in the documentation?

There is still a whole lot of SF I haven't even looked at, maybe the answer is simple. I'm supposed to learn Apex anyway, and always wanted to try Javascript, so if one of those is the best solution, then that's where I want to go. Again, where to start reading?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Thorsten
Hi,

beginner here, trying to create my first workflow rule. The rule is active, set to evaluate when created and edited, the rule criteria formula is set to "true". I've added an email to exclude a problem with the field update action. Nothing happens. Log says this:

[...]
18:42:58.0 (17017761)|WF_RULE_EVAL_BEGIN|Workflow
18:42:58.0 (17065573)|WF_CRITERIA_BEGIN|[Case: 00001007 50058000000tlPq]|Set Status Percentage|01Q58000000PQf7|ON_CREATE_OR_TRIGGERING_UPDATE|0
18:42:58.0 (17193234)|WF_RULE_NOT_EVALUATED
18:42:58.0 (17208948)|WF_SPOOL_ACTION_BEGIN|Workflow
18:42:58.0 (17215115)|WF_ACTION| None
18:42:58.0 (17217305)|WF_RULE_EVAL_END
[...]

Not even evaluated? Did I do something to make it angry? Where do I enter my apologies?

That's on universal "INTERNAL" debug by the way, I expected an avalanche of data. Is there another way to dig deeper?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Thorsten