• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I'm composing an email template that will have variable text only if the account subtype (custom field) validates against a set value for premium customers. The end results would be something like:

"You are now certified to sell our products and you have access to our premium services."

I have tried every combination of IF and CONTAINS I can think of, defining the premium text as both an inline value and as the contents of a containing tag, including the examples below:

<apex:outputtext value=" and you have access to our premium services" rendered="{!IF(Account.Sub_Type__c == "B2B - Premium Customer")}" />

<apex:outputtext value=" and you have access to our premium services" rendered="{!CONTAINS(Account.Sub_Type__c, "Premium Customer")}" />

<apex:outputtext value=" and you have access to our premium services" rendered="{!IF(CONTAINS(Account.Sub_Type__c, "Premium Customer"), true, false)}" />

<apex:outputtext rendered="{!IF(CONTAINS(Account.Sub_Type__c, "Premium Customer"), true, false)}"> and you have access to our premium services</apex:outputtext>

Is this a syntax issue, is this a problem with outputText? Can I not validate account fields in an email to a contact? Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
Hello,

I'm composing an email template that will have variable text only if the account subtype (custom field) validates against a set value for premium customers. The end results would be something like:

"You are now certified to sell our products and you have access to our premium services."

I have tried every combination of IF and CONTAINS I can think of, defining the premium text as both an inline value and as the contents of a containing tag, including the examples below:

<apex:outputtext value=" and you have access to our premium services" rendered="{!IF(Account.Sub_Type__c == "B2B - Premium Customer")}" />

<apex:outputtext value=" and you have access to our premium services" rendered="{!CONTAINS(Account.Sub_Type__c, "Premium Customer")}" />

<apex:outputtext value=" and you have access to our premium services" rendered="{!IF(CONTAINS(Account.Sub_Type__c, "Premium Customer"), true, false)}" />

<apex:outputtext rendered="{!IF(CONTAINS(Account.Sub_Type__c, "Premium Customer"), true, false)}"> and you have access to our premium services</apex:outputtext>

Is this a syntax issue, is this a problem with outputText? Can I not validate account fields in an email to a contact? Any help you can provide would be appreciated.