• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello, 

I'm using the SOAP API using .NET.

I've stumbled upon a problem while trying to create an account with billing address information. The following exception message is available "Element {urn.enterprise.soap.sforce.com}city invalid at this location." If I remove the city field, it just switches the city field to another in the billing address structure, such as the PostalCode.

It seems like this is happening when performing an update (so I've done a SELECT QUERY before that). It looks like this: 

"SELECT AccountNumber, CurrencyIsoCode, BillingAddress FROM Account WHERE AccountNumber = {id}"

If I just remove the BillingAddress part from the query and as well as the BillingAddress structure from the account object, it seems to work. Although, of course I won't get the BillingAddress updated.

Thanks in advance!
Hello, 

I'm using the SOAP API using .NET.

I've stumbled upon a problem while trying to create an account with billing address information. The following exception message is available "Element {urn.enterprise.soap.sforce.com}city invalid at this location." If I remove the city field, it just switches the city field to another in the billing address structure, such as the PostalCode.

It seems like this is happening when performing an update (so I've done a SELECT QUERY before that). It looks like this: 

"SELECT AccountNumber, CurrencyIsoCode, BillingAddress FROM Account WHERE AccountNumber = {id}"

If I just remove the BillingAddress part from the query and as well as the BillingAddress structure from the account object, it seems to work. Although, of course I won't get the BillingAddress updated.

Thanks in advance!