• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is there a way to know which reports a field from a specific object is being used in? And if it is used as a filter or just a column on the report?
Hello,

I am using EasyDescribe and FieldTrip to create a Data Dictionary of all the fields we have in Salesforce that'll contain the field names, their descriptions, in-line help text, the layout in which they appear and if/how much they are used and by which users. I can't seem to find a way to have these reports/analysis identify the Description of the fields nor which layout they appear in (for example, we have 3 layouts for the contact object and we would like to know which fields appear in which layout for that object). Does anyone have any suggestions/comments and/or experience with doing this that they'd like to share? 

Thanks,
-Leticia
Hello,

I am using EasyDescribe and FieldTrip to create a Data Dictionary of all the fields we have in Salesforce that'll contain the field names, their descriptions, in-line help text, the layout in which they appear and if/how much they are used and by which users. I can't seem to find a way to have these reports/analysis identify the Description of the fields nor which layout they appear in (for example, we have 3 layouts for the contact object and we would like to know which fields appear in which layout for that object). Does anyone have any suggestions/comments and/or experience with doing this that they'd like to share? 

Thanks,
-Leticia
I want to delete a field from the system and wondered if there is a way to query the SFDC and get a list of all the objects the field is used in ?