• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a formula. 

When I click "Check Syntax" Salesforce tells me "No syntax errors in merge fields or functions. (Compiled size: 2,325 characters)"

But when I click "Save" Salesforce tells me "Compiled formula is too big to execute (6,496 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters (Related field: Formula)"

Here's a screenshot showing the two different character counts on the same formula:

One formula with two different compiled sizes

I took a look at the constituent elements of the formula.

Vehicle_1_Coverage_Score = 295 characters
Vehicle_1_Value = 41 characters

Vehicles 2-6 use the exact same formulas / have the exact same character counts as Vehicle 1.

Formula calls Coverage score 1x and Value 2x for each of 6x vehicles.

So I'd expect my formula character count to be in the neighborhood of (295 + 2 * 41) * 6 =  2262

When you add in a few extra characters for other characters in the formula (e.g. "(", ")", "+", "/", etc.) you get the 2325 character count that the "check syntax" button produces.

I have no idea where the other 4100 or so characters are coming from in the other character count. 

I think 2325 is the true character count and I'd like Salesforce to recognize this as the correct count and allow me to save.  Any ideas how to accomplish this?

Additional info: screenshots showing Vehicle_1_Coverage_Score = 295 characters and Vehicle_1_Value = 41 characters 

Coverage score = 295 characters

Vehicle Value = 41 characters

I'm working on this unit: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/business_process_automation/units/flow

There's a "Designing a Flow" section about halfway down where they walk you through the creation of "quick account" flow.

Flow automatically prompts user to enter name (text field) and phone (number field) to create an account.

I created the flow and then tested it.  Phone field caused issues in testing:

(1) Phone formatting is not allowed in number field.  So I couldn't enter my test phone number as 512-123-4567.  When I try this I'm told "Error: Invalid number"
(2) So I entered number as 5121234567 in flow.  This allowed me to sucessuflly create and account.
(3) I checked to see if the account was created sucessfully.  It was created but the phone number is displayed as 5,121,234,567.

How do I get phone numbers to appear properly? e.g. 512-123-4567 or (512) 123-4567

I have a formula. 

When I click "Check Syntax" Salesforce tells me "No syntax errors in merge fields or functions. (Compiled size: 2,325 characters)"

But when I click "Save" Salesforce tells me "Compiled formula is too big to execute (6,496 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters (Related field: Formula)"

Here's a screenshot showing the two different character counts on the same formula:

One formula with two different compiled sizes

I took a look at the constituent elements of the formula.

Vehicle_1_Coverage_Score = 295 characters
Vehicle_1_Value = 41 characters

Vehicles 2-6 use the exact same formulas / have the exact same character counts as Vehicle 1.

Formula calls Coverage score 1x and Value 2x for each of 6x vehicles.

So I'd expect my formula character count to be in the neighborhood of (295 + 2 * 41) * 6 =  2262

When you add in a few extra characters for other characters in the formula (e.g. "(", ")", "+", "/", etc.) you get the 2325 character count that the "check syntax" button produces.

I have no idea where the other 4100 or so characters are coming from in the other character count. 

I think 2325 is the true character count and I'd like Salesforce to recognize this as the correct count and allow me to save.  Any ideas how to accomplish this?

Additional info: screenshots showing Vehicle_1_Coverage_Score = 295 characters and Vehicle_1_Value = 41 characters 

Coverage score = 295 characters

Vehicle Value = 41 characters

I'm working on this unit: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/business_process_automation/units/flow

There's a "Designing a Flow" section about halfway down where they walk you through the creation of "quick account" flow.

Flow automatically prompts user to enter name (text field) and phone (number field) to create an account.

I created the flow and then tested it.  Phone field caused issues in testing:

(1) Phone formatting is not allowed in number field.  So I couldn't enter my test phone number as 512-123-4567.  When I try this I'm told "Error: Invalid number"
(2) So I entered number as 5121234567 in flow.  This allowed me to sucessuflly create and account.
(3) I checked to see if the account was created sucessfully.  It was created but the phone number is displayed as 5,121,234,567.

How do I get phone numbers to appear properly? e.g. 512-123-4567 or (512) 123-4567