• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,
I would like to report the follwoing bug which I have deiscovered in Summer '17.

I have a Web Tab with the height set to 725 px. I have release the Web Tab in a manged package. In Summer 17', when I install the package and open the Web Tab from Lighting the height is not preserved and 
the Web Tab opens in a really tiny window.

This is a bug in the Salesforce Summer 17' release, it does not happen in Spring 17 and I would like to report it. Please let me know if I need to do anything else to report it.

Workaround:  The user has to go and make a Web Tab alike the one in the package, but that way the Web Tab from the package is unusable.

Regards
Description:
- Using Partner WSDL(API Version: 34.0) we have generated Salesforce Client using Axis. In case user has created a Lightning Page of type "Record Page" for a given object in that case actionOverrides for type "View" is automatically being added with "url" value as null, but Partner WSDL expects the "url" to be not null and because of that describeSObject for that particular object fails through Salesforce client.

WSDL Snippet:
<complexType name="ActionOverride">
    <sequence>
        <element name="isAvailableInTouch" type="xsd:boolean"/>
        <element name="name" type="xsd:string"/>
        <element name="pageId" type="tns:ID"/>
        <element name="url" type="xsd:string"/>
    </sequence>
</complexType>

"View" type actionOverride generated because of lightning page of type "Record Page":
<actionOverrides>
    <isAvailableInTouch>false</isAvailableInTouch>
    <name>View</name>
    <pageId>0M090000000GnVCCA0</pageId>
    <url xsi:nil="true"/>
</actionOverrides>

Note that value for "url" is set to null/xsi:nil="true" and because of that when we try to describe this object using describeSObject method using Salesforce client it fails with following error:

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: org.apache.axis2.databinding.ADBException: The element: url  cannot be null
    at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:430) ~[axis2-kernel-1.6.2.jar:1.6.2]
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.SforceServiceStub.fromOM(SforceServiceStub.java:27652) ~[sfdc-client-34.0.jar:?]
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.SforceServiceStub.describeSObject(SforceServiceStub.java:17202) ~[sfdc-client-34.0.jar:?]
    ... 21 more
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: org.apache.axis2.databinding.ADBException: The element: url  cannot be null
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.ActionOverride$Factory.parse(ActionOverride.java:656) ~[sfdc-client-34.0.jar:?]
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.DescribeSObjectResult$Factory.parse(DescribeSObjectResult.java:2288) ~[sfdc-client-34.0.jar:?]
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.DescribeSObjectResponse$Factory.parse(DescribeSObjectResponse.java:410) ~[sfdc-client-34.0.jar:?]
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.SforceServiceStub.fromOM(SforceServiceStub.java:26904) ~[sfdc-client-34.0.jar:?]
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.SforceServiceStub.describeSObject(SforceServiceStub.java:17202) ~[sfdc-client-34.0.jar:?]
    ... 21 more
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.databinding.ADBException: The element: url  cannot be null
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.ActionOverride$Factory.parse(ActionOverride.java:627) ~[sfdc-client-34.0.jar:?]
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.DescribeSObjectResult$Factory.parse(DescribeSObjectResult.java:2288) ~[sfdc-client-34.0.jar:?]
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.DescribeSObjectResponse$Factory.parse(DescribeSObjectResponse.java:410) ~[sfdc-client-34.0.jar:?]
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.SforceServiceStub.fromOM(SforceServiceStub.java:26904) ~[sfdc-client-34.0.jar:?]
    ... 21 more

Looks like either WSDL should be updated with <element name="url" type="xsd:string" nillable="true"/> or creation of "Record Page" should handle this appropriately so that we don't get this error.

Note: Latest Partner WSDL also has same issue.

Record Page Creation
Hello. So I am aware you can add a VF component onto the flexipage layout using the Lightning App builder. However, if I extract the FlexiPage meta data using ANT migration tool, there is no trace of that component I added.    The component metadata itself is available separately, as <name>AuraDefinitionBundle</name>. But that's the component definition.

Am wondering how Salesforce keeps the information that X component is a part of Y flexi-page.   Can't see this anywhere.   Has to stored somewhere right?
Hello. So I am aware you can add a VF component onto the flexipage layout using the Lightning App builder. However, if I extract the FlexiPage meta data using ANT migration tool, there is no trace of that component I added.    The component metadata itself is available separately, as <name>AuraDefinitionBundle</name>. But that's the component definition.

Am wondering how Salesforce keeps the information that X component is a part of Y flexi-page.   Can't see this anywhere.   Has to stored somewhere right?