• 10 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Here's what I have in "English": If the value in a field is either of 2 picklist values, then put a 1 in the formula field. If it is either of two different picklist vales, place a 2, etc. There are 5 pairs of these. Do I need another layer of ORs, different punctuation? I don't know. Please help! Also, the "0" at the end is not a valid picklist value, it's just a placeholder.

IF(OR (ISPICKVAL(InspectionType__c="Type 1"),(ISPICKVAL(Inspectiontype="1. Complete Final Inspection with full H&S diagnostics and air leakage diagnostics")),"1",
IF(OR(ISPICKVAL (InspectionType__c="Type 2"),(ISPICKVAL(Inspectiontype="2. Final Inspection with full health and safety diagnostics")),"2",
IF (OR (ISPICKVAL(InspectionType__c="Type 3"),(ISPICKVAL(Inspectiontype="3. Final Inspection with air leakage diagnostics")),"3" , 
IF (OR (ISPICKVAL(InspectionType__c="Type 4"),(ISPICKVAL(Inspectiontype="4. Final Inspection with gas leak test only")),"4", 
IF (OR (ISPICKVAL(InspectionType__c="Type 5"),(ISPICKVALInspectiontype="5. Final Inspection with no diagnostics")),"5", "0"))))) 
Here's what I have in "English": If the value in a picklist field is one of 2 values, then put a 1 in the formula field. If it is one of two different picklist vales, place a 2, etc. There are 5 pairs of these. The syntax checker says "Error: Syntax error". Do I need another layer of ORs, different punctuation? I don't know. Pleae help!

IF(OR (InspectionType__c="Type 1",Inspectiontype="1. Complete Final Inspection with full H&S diagnostics and air leakage diagnostics"),"1",
IF(OR (InspectionType__c="Type 2",Inspectiontype="2. Final Inspection with full health and safety diagnostics"),"2",
IF (OR (InspectionType__c="Type 3",Inspectiontype="3. Final Inspection with air leakage diagnostics"),"3" , 
IF (OR (InspectionType__c="Type 4",Inspectiontype="4. Final Inspection with gas leak test only"),"4", 
IF (OR (InspectionType__c="Type 5",Inspectiontype="5. Final Inspection with no diagnostics"),"5", "0")))))
Here's what I have in "English": If the value in a field is either of 2 picklist values, then put a 1 in the formula field. If it is either of two different picklist vales, place a 2, etc. There are 5 pairs of these. Do I need another layer of ORs, different punctuation? I don't know. Please help! Also, the "0" at the end is not a valid picklist value, it's just a placeholder.

IF(OR (ISPICKVAL(InspectionType__c="Type 1"),(ISPICKVAL(Inspectiontype="1. Complete Final Inspection with full H&S diagnostics and air leakage diagnostics")),"1",
IF(OR(ISPICKVAL (InspectionType__c="Type 2"),(ISPICKVAL(Inspectiontype="2. Final Inspection with full health and safety diagnostics")),"2",
IF (OR (ISPICKVAL(InspectionType__c="Type 3"),(ISPICKVAL(Inspectiontype="3. Final Inspection with air leakage diagnostics")),"3" , 
IF (OR (ISPICKVAL(InspectionType__c="Type 4"),(ISPICKVAL(Inspectiontype="4. Final Inspection with gas leak test only")),"4", 
IF (OR (ISPICKVAL(InspectionType__c="Type 5"),(ISPICKVALInspectiontype="5. Final Inspection with no diagnostics")),"5", "0"))))) 
Here's what I have in "English": If the value in a picklist field is one of 2 values, then put a 1 in the formula field. If it is one of two different picklist vales, place a 2, etc. There are 5 pairs of these. The syntax checker says "Error: Syntax error". Do I need another layer of ORs, different punctuation? I don't know. Pleae help!

IF(OR (InspectionType__c="Type 1",Inspectiontype="1. Complete Final Inspection with full H&S diagnostics and air leakage diagnostics"),"1",
IF(OR (InspectionType__c="Type 2",Inspectiontype="2. Final Inspection with full health and safety diagnostics"),"2",
IF (OR (InspectionType__c="Type 3",Inspectiontype="3. Final Inspection with air leakage diagnostics"),"3" , 
IF (OR (InspectionType__c="Type 4",Inspectiontype="4. Final Inspection with gas leak test only"),"4", 
IF (OR (InspectionType__c="Type 5",Inspectiontype="5. Final Inspection with no diagnostics"),"5", "0")))))