• 0 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I contacted Salesforce support for assistance in updating the created date on a bunch of opportunities I already loaded into our org as part of our transition from another sales tool.

I know I cannot update the created date via Data Loader. I do know I can delete and reinstert the opportunities with the audit permissions, however, I would lose any history of changes made to the opportunities already. (This also scares the heck out of me - and doing so would generate new opportunity IDs when we have multiple files already mapping to the existing opportunity IDs as there are more fields that may get mapped...) I already have the actual created date loaded into another temporary field, so I know which opportunities need to be updated and with what date.

Can someone please help?  Thanks! ~Andi 

I contacted Salesforce support for assistance in updating the created date on a bunch of opportunities I already loaded into our org as part of our transition from another sales tool.

I know I cannot update the created date via Data Loader. I do know I can delete and reinstert the opportunities with the audit permissions, however, I would lose any history of changes made to the opportunities already. (This also scares the heck out of me - and doing so would generate new opportunity IDs when we have multiple files already mapping to the existing opportunity IDs as there are more fields that may get mapped...) I already have the actual created date loaded into another temporary field, so I know which opportunities need to be updated and with what date.

Can someone please help?  Thanks! ~Andi