• 0 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to do some incredibly simple Key Value storage in a lightning component. Lighting offers a ton of "caching" features, but I cannot find any sort of secure, persistent storage method. If anyone can recommend anything, I would really appreciate it.

I have already looked at:
Platform Cache
--No guarantee to persist, cost money to use, and is not encrypted
Storable actions
--Allows you to store the results of various expensive actions. Sort of like guaranteed persistent cache, only works in certain situations
Storage Service
--Smart Store
------Mobile only
--IndexedDB
------Not secure
--Memory Adapter
------Not persistant

And none of them do what I need
Is there any way for me to store data within a Lightning Component? I want to have some information that gets used by each instance of the component and persists across page reloads and different users throughout the org. It needs to be user editable, so it can't be baked in to the code.

Thanks!
Hello everyone!

I am working on creating a lightning component that will pull data from an external API. Essentially, I want the component to exist on the Contact Record page and read off the email address if there is one. From there, it should reach out to the 3rd party API, request info about that email address, and display it inside the component. I have all of this figured out except for one thing. Right now, I have to have the API key for the 3rd party API hard coded into the component's code. I'd like to have it so that whoever adds component to the layout can enter their API key once, and have it stored and used with the component. Ideally, the user would be promped for thier key when they first install the component, but I would settle for persistant settings anywhere within Salesforce. Is something like this possible?

Best,
Alex
Hello everyone!

I am working on creating a lightning component that will pull data from an external API. Essentially, I want the component to exist on the Contact Record page and read off the email address if there is one. From there, it should reach out to the 3rd party API, request info about that email address, and display it inside the component. I have all of this figured out except for one thing. Right now, I have to have the API key for the 3rd party API hard coded into the component's code. I'd like to have it so that whoever adds component to the layout can enter their API key once, and have it stored and used with the component. Ideally, the user would be promped for thier key when they first install the component, but I would settle for persistant settings anywhere within Salesforce. Is something like this possible?

Best,
Alex