• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Trying to set password while creating a user in Salesforce using partner.wsdl
One of the reason its not able to set a password because the user is not created in the Saleforce.
We have an integration with Salesforce using partner WSDL and want to provide minimum access to the integration user. 
We normally perform below opertion on User object like:
- Read,Create,enable,disable,modify user fields (FirstName, Department federationID  etc)
- Fetch PermissionSet, profile, Public group, role connected to the User.
- Add and remove PermissionSet, profile, Public group and role.
- Change User Password.
- fetch all PermissionSet, profile and role.
We provided below access but still not sure whether this is the minimum access to the user.

Cloned a readonly profile removed all existing access from apps and system section and just checked "Manage all user".
If we check "modify all data" we will be providing access equal to System Admin profile.

User-added imageUser-added image

We normally need access to user object . Could you confirm whether the above permission are more or less.

How to edit the permissions for object USER on granular level (CRED)? 
I can modify it from the profile settings - System Permissions where i can check "Manage User". But here all the permissions (CRED) are added to the profile. How can i do it on granular level? i want to give Read permission to one profile, and Create permission to another and so on.
I want 4 profiles with 4 different permission for user object.
FYI i have checked in the User settings from the "Object Setting" page of the profile but i couldn't find anything there.
We have an integration with Salesforce using soap API (partner wsdl). We perform CRUD opeartion
on user object. Read Permission set, profile, public group and roles.

Right now we have provided Standard Profile. But we need to provide specific permission to the User responsible for executing SOAP API.
So we tried below steps:
1) Clone the Read Only Profile, and removed all the permissions. 
2) Just Checked the Manage User Check box under "System Permissions".
3) After setting above new cloned Profile to the user below is our observation.
     - Read most of the attributes from User Object.
     - Creating Salesforce user is successful.
     - There are few modify/updating operation failing for below attributes.
        First Name , last Name.
     - Updating Profile, Role to the user.
     - removing Role from the user
     - Adding PermissionSet

But if we select "Modify All Data" checkbox under "System Permissions" all the modiffication
      usecase starts passing. But this checkbox internally provides to many permission. 

Read, Create, Edit, Delete, View All, Modify All on all standard and custom objects, Edit Tasks, Edit Events, Manage Public Reports, Manage      Public List Views, Manage Public Classic Email Templates, Run Reports, View Setup and Configuration, Transfer Record, Import Leads, Transfer Leads, View All Data, Manage Public Documents, Manage Dashboards, Manage Categories, Convert Leads, Use Team Reassignment Wizards, Import Solutions, Create and Customize Reports, Create and Set Up Communities, Connect Organization to Environment Hub, Delete Topics, Edit Topics, Create Topics, Assign Topics, Modify Metadata (Beta if enabled without Modify All Data)

We need specific permission and dont want to check the "Modify All Data" checkbox under "System Permissions".

We would like to add 3rd party licenses in our salesforce sandbox environment.
Could you please let us know how we can add it.
Up to my knowledge the 3rd party licenses are not allowed in sandbox environment. but if still there is way please let us know.

We have an integration with Salesforce using soap API (partner wsdl). We perform CRUD opeartion
on user object. Read Permission set, profile, public group and roles.

Right now we have provided Standard Profile. But we need to provide specific permission to the User responsible for executing SOAP API.
So we tried below steps:
1) Clone the Read Only Profile, and removed all the permissions. 
2) Just Checked the Manage User Check box under "System Permissions".
3) After setting above new cloned Profile to the user below is our observation.
     - Read most of the attributes from User Object.
     - Creating Salesforce user is successful.
     - There are few modify/updating operation failing for below attributes.
        First Name , last Name.
     - Updating Profile, Role to the user.
     - removing Role from the user
     - Adding PermissionSet

But if we select "Modify All Data" checkbox under "System Permissions" all the modiffication
      usecase starts passing. But this checkbox internally provides to many permission. 

Read, Create, Edit, Delete, View All, Modify All on all standard and custom objects, Edit Tasks, Edit Events, Manage Public Reports, Manage      Public List Views, Manage Public Classic Email Templates, Run Reports, View Setup and Configuration, Transfer Record, Import Leads, Transfer Leads, View All Data, Manage Public Documents, Manage Dashboards, Manage Categories, Convert Leads, Use Team Reassignment Wizards, Import Solutions, Create and Customize Reports, Create and Set Up Communities, Connect Organization to Environment Hub, Delete Topics, Edit Topics, Create Topics, Assign Topics, Modify Metadata (Beta if enabled without Modify All Data)

We need specific permission and dont want to check the "Modify All Data" checkbox under "System Permissions".