• 10 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have 2 managed packages that we develop.
Package 1 is a master package and package 2 is an addon with version dependency on package 1.

Is it possible for package 2 to require package 1 in version "2 or higher" or do i have to be always explicit about versions?
Hi,
Im creating new functionality using SF only tools i.e. 
- I created custom objects, processes, fields, page layouts etc.

I would like now to create an installable package out of my custom stuff. Such package, when installed by my customer, should be a "black box" package. So even though all functionality has been developed within SF, a customers Sys Admin should not be able to change or amend default settings in any way.

Is this possible? Can someone also reference me to right documentation?

Thanks.
Hello,

I am following the training suggestions to exercise data import.

I am not asking about how to complete the challange, as example CSV is available for downlad from the page. I am interested in completing the 2 exercises for importing data using Data Loader and the Wizard.

Under section: Prepare for Data Import
There are 4 steps to follow. First 2 say:

1. Use your existing software to create an export file.
2. Clean up the import file for accuracy and consistency. This involves updating the data to remove duplicates, delete unnecessary information, correct spelling and other errors, and enforce naming conventions.

Steps 1 and 2 suggest i should use some existing data for this exercise. I dont have any existing data, and i dont know how could i have any...its not like im running some CRM at home...

Am I missing something? How have you managed to complete exercises requiring that data.

Please advise.
Hello,

I am following the training suggestions to exercise data import.

I am not asking about how to complete the challange, as example CSV is available for downlad from the page. I am interested in completing the 2 exercises for importing data using Data Loader and the Wizard.

Under section: Prepare for Data Import
There are 4 steps to follow. First 2 say:

1. Use your existing software to create an export file.
2. Clean up the import file for accuracy and consistency. This involves updating the data to remove duplicates, delete unnecessary information, correct spelling and other errors, and enforce naming conventions.

Steps 1 and 2 suggest i should use some existing data for this exercise. I dont have any existing data, and i dont know how could i have any...its not like im running some CRM at home...

Am I missing something? How have you managed to complete exercises requiring that data.

Please advise.