• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem using Postman and Salesforce together recently?

I have a connected app setup, allowing for API & refresh_token scopes.  And up until about 2-3wks ago, in Postman I was able to get a new Authorzation Code via the 'Get New Access Token' workflow.

I am using the 'Authorization Code' grant-type, instead of 'Password Credentials'.  As trying to test a new REST service that wouldn't have the user credentials provided before hand so we don't have access/desire to handle this information and as such need the user to login via Salesforce login page to return the instance_url parameters/etc

Previously, this would pop-up the Salesforce login page, you enter the relevant credentials and it would then get you the access token/instance_url/etc.

Now all I am getting is a Login page loop...

No error is displayed on Salesforce login page or the Postman console (nothing is added to the console actually).  So it accepts the username/password (which are correct as I use them to login to the org directly) but then re-loads the login page again and again and again... 

If I post the URL into a browser directly, it prompts me to login and then gives me the expected response include the access code/instance_url...  But for some reason in Postman it just seems to loop on the Login page pop-up.

It did work previously on the 'Authorization Code' setup, and using 'Password Credentials' does work, so once again I know the login details are correct....  

I feel I am missing something really simple here!  But I can't seem to figure it out.

Other searches I have done seem to show people having password issues, but I am 100% sure the username/password combo are correct as they work everywhere else (including in Postman if I use the Password Credentials option)
I am stuck with the Task creation in the challenge , i had assigned all the fields ,

Assigned To ID - [OpportunityLineItem].Opportunity.OwnerId
Priority - Normal
Status - Not Started
Subject - Update Explorer
Related To ID - [OpportunityLineItem].Opportunity.Id

Do i need to create the test data where explorer is null?