• 10 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I created a flow with a text input only variable that inserts the current account record ID because later in the process it updates fields on that account record. 

I know how to insert the value of this variable using a button with the following formula: /flow/Flow_Name?AccountID={!Account.Id}&retURL=%2F{!Account.Id} 

Now, instead of using a button, I want to launch this flow using Utility Bar in LEX. I do this by editing Sales Console under Lightning Experience App Manager and under the Utility Bar under Component Properties, there is the option to enter values for flow variables. This is where I can enter the variable I created in the flow (AccountID).
My question is- what do I enter so the Account ID that launches the flow is used? I’ve tried using: {!Record.Id}, {!Account.Id}, ?AccountID={!Account.Id}&retURL=%2F{!Account.Id}, and all sorts of other combinations. Does anyone know if it is possible to pass the record ID into the flow when launching a from the Utility Bar and how?

Side note: I know it is possible to pass the Record ID into the flow using a Lightning Component in Lightning Pages. There is a checkbox titled Pass record ID into this variable. So, it looks like it is possible to pass a record ID, but I want to do it from the Utility Bar and not from a Lightning Component in Lightning Pages.

Thank you
I created a flow with a text input only variable that inserts the current account record ID because later in the process it updates fields on that account record. 

I know how to insert the value of this variable using a button with the following formula: /flow/Flow_Name?AccountID={!Account.Id}&retURL=%2F{!Account.Id} 

Now, instead of using a button, I want to launch this flow using Utility Bar in LEX. I do this by editing Sales Console under Lightning Experience App Manager and under the Utility Bar under Component Properties, there is the option to enter values for flow variables. This is where I can enter the variable I created in the flow (AccountID).
My question is- what do I enter so the Account ID that launches the flow is used? I’ve tried using: {!Record.Id}, {!Account.Id}, ?AccountID={!Account.Id}&retURL=%2F{!Account.Id}, and all sorts of other combinations. Does anyone know if it is possible to pass the record ID into the flow when launching a from the Utility Bar and how?

Side note: I know it is possible to pass the Record ID into the flow using a Lightning Component in Lightning Pages. There is a checkbox titled Pass record ID into this variable. So, it looks like it is possible to pass a record ID, but I want to do it from the Utility Bar and not from a Lightning Component in Lightning Pages.

Thank you