• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
My Background;
I am basically a mechanical engineer with almost 20 years of experience in the field of  engineering & sales in leading organizations producing high performance couplings and mechanical seals.
During last 2 to 3 years I have been using Salesforce CRM tools extensively in my company and am aware of the functionalities. I have used Salesforce for sales forecast, activity management, customer service console etc,

Salesforce Knowledge
My company had outsourced configuration and maintenance of salesforce and I was made salesforce super user. 
I have now learnt salesforce functions / configuration  (Apps, objects, validation, permission sets, profiles, reports & dashboards) .
Additionally, I have also learnt developer concepts like APEX class, SOQL, SOSL, Triggers etc., and am sure that I would be able to carry out jobs related to salesforce administrator / developer 

Computer programming knowledge
Though being a mechanical engineer, I was always interested in programming. Initially during my college days, I had completed course in Foxpro and later on learnt MS Access and Visual Basic. Additionally, I have also learnt Java through online course. During my tenure of work, I have designed number of MS Access programs, which are being used even today in my previous companies. 

Future interest / passion   
I am now looking at opportunities as a Salesforce administrator / developer where I can exhibit my logical reasoning skills and at the same time use my extensive work experience.
From this Salesforce community, I would require suggestions / advice on how I can go forward.
It appears that 'most' of the options available for customizing page layout, only affects the 'edit' page layout and not the 'new' record page layout.
I am looking at customizing page layout while creating 'new' record.

I want to have some field as 'read only' and some fields not visible in new record page layout (just like formula field)
a. Do I have to go with creating new VF page?
b. Is there any other way in Salesforce?

Need Help
Hi,

I am looking at generating a 12 digit code code as autonumber for a text field.
Output : JOHN-2201-0025
{!LEFT( <object>.OwnerId , 4)} + '-' +day(today())+month(today())+ '-' + <autonumber>}

a. Let me know whether this is possible using triggers (before insert, before update>?

Hi,

I have created the following trigger to set the default value for a lookup field.
But it doesn't seem to work. Need help.

trigger DefaultCust on DOR__c (before insert, before update){
for(DOR__c InternalCust : Trigger.New) {
InternalCust.Internal_Customer__c='ID Industries';
// Required default value is 'ID Industries' for Internal_Customer__c field
}
}

My Background;
I am basically a mechanical engineer with almost 20 years of experience in the field of  engineering & sales in leading organizations producing high performance couplings and mechanical seals.
During last 2 to 3 years I have been using Salesforce CRM tools extensively in my company and am aware of the functionalities. I have used Salesforce for sales forecast, activity management, customer service console etc,

Salesforce Knowledge
My company had outsourced configuration and maintenance of salesforce and I was made salesforce super user. 
I have now learnt salesforce functions / configuration  (Apps, objects, validation, permission sets, profiles, reports & dashboards) .
Additionally, I have also learnt developer concepts like APEX class, SOQL, SOSL, Triggers etc., and am sure that I would be able to carry out jobs related to salesforce administrator / developer 

Computer programming knowledge
Though being a mechanical engineer, I was always interested in programming. Initially during my college days, I had completed course in Foxpro and later on learnt MS Access and Visual Basic. Additionally, I have also learnt Java through online course. During my tenure of work, I have designed number of MS Access programs, which are being used even today in my previous companies. 

Future interest / passion   
I am now looking at opportunities as a Salesforce administrator / developer where I can exhibit my logical reasoning skills and at the same time use my extensive work experience.
From this Salesforce community, I would require suggestions / advice on how I can go forward.
It appears that 'most' of the options available for customizing page layout, only affects the 'edit' page layout and not the 'new' record page layout.
I am looking at customizing page layout while creating 'new' record.

I want to have some field as 'read only' and some fields not visible in new record page layout (just like formula field)
a. Do I have to go with creating new VF page?
b. Is there any other way in Salesforce?

Need Help
Hi,

I am looking at generating a 12 digit code code as autonumber for a text field.
Output : JOHN-2201-0025
{!LEFT( <object>.OwnerId , 4)} + '-' +day(today())+month(today())+ '-' + <autonumber>}

a. Let me know whether this is possible using triggers (before insert, before update>?

Hi,

I have created the following trigger to set the default value for a lookup field.
But it doesn't seem to work. Need help.

trigger DefaultCust on DOR__c (before insert, before update){
for(DOR__c InternalCust : Trigger.New) {
InternalCust.Internal_Customer__c='ID Industries';
// Required default value is 'ID Industries' for Internal_Customer__c field
}
}