• 10 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I would like to understand when to use trigger on Parent or Child, for example  trigger <trigger name> on <Parent/Child object>{}
If I am to update child field based on something changed on Parent field why would I write a trigger on Parent , similarly if I am updating child line items for Parent Opportunity why would I write Trigger on child object instead of Parent object ?
Hello,
I am getting an error Compile Error: Invalid type: Opp_Top_X_Designation__c on the first two lines.

The field Opp_Top_X_Designation__c is a lookup to Opportunity from another object Top_X_Designation. Now either the setup is not correct of the format of the code line is not right. Please provide inputs.

list<Opp_Top_X_Designation__c> oppidlist = new list<Opp_Top_X_Designation__c>();
 list<Opp_Top_Designation__c> updatelist = new list<Opp_Top_Designation__c>();

for(Top_Designation__c tx : trigger.new){
 if(trigger.isUpdate || trigger.isInsert){
  if(tx.Document_Attached__c == true && tx.Typeof__c == 'Contract'){

// mt.put(tx.Opp_Top_X_Designation__c, tx.Id);
 // s.add(tx.Opp_Top_X_Designation__c);
Hello,
I am getting an error Compile Error: Invalid type: Opp_Top_X_Designation__c on the first two lines.

The field Opp_Top_X_Designation__c is a lookup to Opportunity from another object Top_X_Designation. Now either the setup is not correct of the format of the code line is not right. Please provide inputs.

list<Opp_Top_X_Designation__c> oppidlist = new list<Opp_Top_X_Designation__c>();
 list<Opp_Top_Designation__c> updatelist = new list<Opp_Top_Designation__c>();

for(Top_Designation__c tx : trigger.new){
 if(trigger.isUpdate || trigger.isInsert){
  if(tx.Document_Attached__c == true && tx.Typeof__c == 'Contract'){

// mt.put(tx.Opp_Top_X_Designation__c, tx.Id);
 // s.add(tx.Opp_Top_X_Designation__c);
Hi,

I am trying to submit my package to the source scanner but it failed (and now I have to wait 24 hours befre resubmitting) because I did not have Author Apex Permissions for the user. I did the research and learned that I need to set this on the user profile, but I cannot find this setting on my user profile.

Any help greatly appreciated - I need to get this release out soonest

Thanks

PS: I have submitted several source scans in the past and never hit this problem. Has it changed in the past few months?