• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Guys,

I am graduate student and have little experience in Salesforce development. So, as my final project I would like to do some project using salesforce.
Can anyone suggest me a good project?
Since I am looking for developement project, I would prefer the ideas which involves more developement work rather than Admin related work.
I have only two weeks to submit my ideas. 

Any Idea is appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Sumant Hegde
Hi,

I have a requirement to create a form which collect the user entered data and also give an option to retrieve saved data. 
It should be designed for a non-salesforce users. 

So I have a couple of questions:
1. Should I use 'Public Sites' on force.com or should I use REST API.
2. If I use Public site, will I be able to use Standard Controller? If yes, how?
3. How to create REST Api and make use of it for non-salesforce users.

Regards,
Sumant Hegde
Hi,

Can we use Standard Controller in public site pages? Because whenver I use standard controller, I am getting authorization error.

Could someone suggest me on this.

Hi,

I am building a public site with multiple pages. I need to pass some parameters on each page so that I can use those parameters in my SOQL queries and display more information in next pages. 
I can do it by passing parameter via URL, but I don't think that is a secured way of doing it. 

Can somebody suggest me if there is any other way of passing some values from one controller to another without using URL?
Hi,

I am trying to display list of records retrieve from SOQL query in my public site.
Tried using <apex:PageBlockTable> and <apex:repeat>. Both work fine when I "preview" it using developer console, but the value will not be displayed on the public site that I have created.

Does it have anything to do with permissions?

Thanks,
Hi All,

I have a requirment to create Web Form to get the details from new customer and update a custom object in salesforce platform. 

I have created a VF page and a custom controller which can do this. But I want that form (VF page) to be available to the customer who access our main website. i.e., Customer should navigate to this form from our main WEBSITE, not through salesforce.

How can I achieve that? 
Hi,

I have a situation here. I have created a trigger to update the field value present in the parent object whenever a child object gets created or updated. The trigger is created on parent object. I have pushed the code in the production, but the problem is unless parent or the child object gets refreshed or updated, the trigger is not getting hit. This results in stale value in the filed that was supposed to be updated. 

Is there any easy way that I can refresh all the production data so that the trigger gets hit and update the field value.?
Since this is a priority issue, any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hi,

I have created a couple of VF pages related to Account object.
I want those pages to be visible whenever the user navigates to Account detail page. How can I do that?

Can I anyone give me a suggestion.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I am new to VisualForce and Apex.

I have the following code in my VF page.

<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="AccountContactExtend">
    <apex:form>
        <apex:pageBlock>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Account.Name}" label="Account Name"/>
            <apex:pageBlockButtons>
                <apex:commandButton action="{!newPage}" value="New Contact"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

How can I get the value of "inputField" i.e. Account.Name, in my custom apex class "AccountContactExtend", so that I can use that value for SOQL query.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have written 4 triggers and test classes for those triggers in sandbox. It shows "Your overall code coverage is currently 100%". But when I try to deploy it in the production, I am getting the following error
"Code Coverage Failure:
Your organization's code coverage is 0%. You need at least 75% coverage to complete this deployment. Also, the following triggers have 0% code coverage. Each trigger must have at least 1% code coverage."

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Hi,

I am building a public site with multiple pages. I need to pass some parameters on each page so that I can use those parameters in my SOQL queries and display more information in next pages. 
I can do it by passing parameter via URL, but I don't think that is a secured way of doing it. 

Can somebody suggest me if there is any other way of passing some values from one controller to another without using URL?
Hi,

Hi,

I am trying to display list of records retrieve from SOQL query in my public site.
Tried using <apex:PageBlockTable> and <apex:repeat>. Both work fine when I "preview" it using developer console, but the value will not be displayed on the public site that I have created.

Does it have anything to do with permissions?

Thanks,
Hi All,

I have a requirment to create Web Form to get the details from new customer and update a custom object in salesforce platform. 

I have created a VF page and a custom controller which can do this. But I want that form (VF page) to be available to the customer who access our main website. i.e., Customer should navigate to this form from our main WEBSITE, not through salesforce.

How can I achieve that?