• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Team,

I am trying to automate mobile test scenarios for salesforce app but facing problem related to viewing mirror image of opened Salesforce App in real device with Appium app Inspector installed in my desktop . I can able to launch the Salesforce APP in real device but couldn't identify object locators  example username , password and login button xpath can not be identified using Appium app Inspector or uiautomatorviewer.

Error : Could not obtain source: [object Object] after Appium launches the app .

Please help me . Thanks 

Note : Appium setup looks fine in my Desktop. I am able to Lauch other APPS ( Eg : Amazon, Facebook ) and able to identify objects . Issue is facing with Salesforce APP . 

We have automation test scripts written using selenium web driver for Salesforce classic and able to execute without any error.
Now we are moving into Salesforce lightning, when I am trying to execute same automation test scripts  on lightning throws error with respect to finding elements ( Locators ) .
After investigating the errors came to know that elements( Locators ) html tags are different in lightning compared to classic.
Please find below information.

Eg :In New LEAD Object ,
In Salesforce classic - LastName field Xpath is -- >input[@id='name_lastlea2']
In Salesforce lightning - LastName field Xpath is -- > //input[@id='450:2948;a']

Please let me know what approach should  I do now to execute all my  test cases without any errors in Salesforce lightning. My scripts should run in both Salesforce classic and lightning.

Should I update Xpath's in my framework to run my scripts In Salesforce lightning  ? or is there any other alternate solutions available  ?

Also anything I have to look in my framework designed for classic like logic to see if there are things in Saleforce lightning that no longer exists, flows and pages compared to classic. 

Thanks 
Raghunandan
We have automation test scripts written using selenium web driver for Salesforce classic and able to execute without any error.
Now we are moving into Salesforce lightning, when I am trying to execute same automation test scripts  on lightning throws error with respect to finding elements ( Locators ) .
After investigating the errors came to know that elements( Locators ) html tags are different in lightning compared to classic.
Please find below information.

Eg :In New LEAD Object ,
In Salesforce classic - LastName field Xpath is -- >input[@id='name_lastlea2']
In Salesforce lightning - LastName field Xpath is -- > //input[@id='450:2948;a']

Please let me know what approach should  I do now to execute all my  test cases without any errors in Salesforce lightning. My scripts should run in both Salesforce classic and lightning.

Should I update Xpath's in my framework to run my scripts In Salesforce lightning  ? or is there any other alternate solutions available  ?

Also anything I have to look in my framework designed for classic like logic to see if there are things in Saleforce lightning that no longer exists, flows and pages compared to classic. 

Thanks 
Raghunandan