• Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

On a detail page of a record you can edit a record in two ways: 
1) by doubleclicking on a field which keeps you in the detail page, but allows you to edit fields. 
2) by pressing the edit button (or E shortcut) which will bring you to a pop-over screen from where you can edit. 

We allow our users to use both. 

These two however don't behave the same. Detail page edits can't trigger Territory Assignment Rule Re-Evaluation and Edit page edits can (if you chose to show this checkbox field in the page layout properties). 

Any way to force a Territory Assignment Rule Re-Evaluation when editing from the detail page? 

Hi everyone, 

Has someone managed to include a QR scanner in an salesforce app before? I want to use QRs that include a task's unique ID so i can complete a task by scanning a QR code. Some links to projects that I can use as inspiration are very welcome. 

Kind regards, 

Bart 

Hi everyone, 

Has someone managed to include a QR scanner in an salesforce app before? I want to use QRs that include a task's unique ID so i can complete a task by scanning a QR code. Some links to projects that I can use as inspiration are very welcome. 

Kind regards, 

Bart 

I want the button so the user gets the full dialog box, not the LEX small window in Actvities page tab. Was told by SF support can only be done through coding and to ask developer community.
While doing the challenge "Create a rollup summary field that determines the potential value of the opportunities associated with an account."

I get the message, Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:  The field 'Potential_Value__c' does not exist.

Everything looks ok, and I can even see the field on my setup page under recent items. 
Is it not suppose to be a custom field definition?

Thanks

Hi I am new to salesforce ,trying to learn 201

What is Detail page in salesforce? What is the difference between edit page layout and detail page.
Hi, i have a custom text field which is to enter multiple email address separate by ' ; '.

Since it is a text field, there is possibility that user will enter wrong email address for eg: abc2ht.com (missing '@'). is there any validation formula rule that can valiadte email address format can share here?

Thanks.

I've spent hours on this today (trial & error and searching help/forums) and hope one of you has an answer to this!

1.  I have a basic custom object where we've built many reports that hyperlink from that object - and feed a report formula automatically with data from a field on the object called "End Markets for Report Filters"  (benefit being we just clone the object page, change the name of the  End Markets for Report filters - for each end market team-- and then each report hyperlinked from that object works for all end market teams - they just go to their own page)

2.  The data in that field is passed through via a formula text hyperlink to a report with filter: 

"End Market Group" (which is a custom field on opportunities) contains  [the data in the "end markets for report filters" field]

3.  Until recently, data in the "End Markets for Report Filters" field was pure text, such as "automotive", "communications", etc.  - and it worked fine

4.  But now I need to pass "I&I"through to the formula below-- just like I do today with "automotive"

HYPERLINK("00O60000001tGct?pv0=" & End_Markets_for_Report_Filters__c, "New Opportunities created Last 90 Days" )   ** <-- space between Days" and ) just to the left isn't there, but it keeps making a winking smiley face so I added a space

Question:  How can I pass a field that has an ampersand into the formula above?  My preference is to do it on the custom object - because I'm not sure if changing the formula above will impact the plain text pages.

What I've tried already:  On the custom object, I've tried changing the I&I with "I&I" or I"&"I or I'&'I  etc. 

Note:  If I edit the underlying report to....  contains... I&I (no quotes, nothing special), the report works fine.  It's just passing it through via hyperlinks on the custom object that's a problem (it comes through as contains  ,I    for example)

This impacts thousands of records that have "I&I" in that field name, so changing the core data so that I don't have to search on I&I isn't a good option.

Thoughts?

THANK YOU!!!

• January 22, 2010