• -2 Points
  • Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Through Setup -> User Interface -> Rename Tabs and Labels we can change the labels of standard objects (e.g. we can rename Account to say Shop).

How do i include this in a manged package?

I want user clicking 'New' to create a record for of my custom object type to get to experience my lightning record page, not the default page layout.
How can i do this?

I am working on a managed package where the customers would be able to create some 'Schedules' and based on those schedules, periodically, i want to add 'Events' to users' calendars.

What is the best architectural approach to make sure if the customer, FOR EXAMPLE, creates 50K schedules (Governor limit) each resulting in 2 calendar events (2*governor limit), my batch job can still process those?

I am creating a managed package.

I specified profiles to be installed as part of the managed package. However, when i install the beta version in another dev org, the profiles are not even listed as components to be installed.

How can i deploy new profiles as part of my managed package?

I am creating a managed package.

As part of that package, i will supply some layouts for standard objects.

After package install, the admin can see the new layouts, but they are not assigned to the profiles.

Is there any way for the package to assign the layouts to the profiles? (e.g. using Apex Post Install script, or even without it?)

I am developing an application that can be isntalled as a managed package.
I want the customers to be presented with some UI during the package install that would let them configure some values my app works with, specifically the picklist values.
What's the best way to implement this?
In Aura, we can do
$A.get('e.force:refreshView').fire();
to cause standard components to update.

How can we do an equivalent in LWC because sfdx refuses to publish .js code with $A in it saying the usage is disallowed in LWC?

For now i tricked it with 
eval("$A.get('e.force:refreshView').fire();");
but that is obviously less than ideal....

I am trying to build a Salesforce app that I plan to distribute on AppExchange.

As part of the app, i will add the custom fields to some of the objects.

One of the fields should be a dropdown list of values; however, i want the customer (consumer of my app) to be able to define what are the possible select values.

What is the best way to implement this?

I want to develop a native mobile application where the customers would need to also add some custom objects to their orgs, and the app would allow syncing and viewing these objects in both web view and on the device. Ideally, the cloud piece people would add to their org on AppExchange would also contain some custom roles that would allow different access levels to these custom objects.

I have learnt using the samples how to sync the data using the Salesforce mobile SDK.

However, there are just too many different instructions on how to set up apps for the cloud part.

Is there some documentation that will:

1) Help me choose which template for the app to use

2) Help me package my app somehow so i can maybe sideload it into my test org (so i'd have a development and test to show business people etc)

3) Guide me through submission process for a joint app like this

I have looked through trailheads and documentation and it's just tidbits everywhere

Through Setup -> User Interface -> Rename Tabs and Labels we can change the labels of standard objects (e.g. we can rename Account to say Shop).

In Aura, we can do

How can we do an equivalent in LWC because sfdx refuses to publish .js code with $A in it saying the usage is disallowed in LWC?

I am developing an application that can be isntalled as a managed package.
I want the customers to be presented with some UI during the package install that would let them configure some values my app works with, specifically the picklist values.
What's the best way to implement this?
In Aura, we can do

I am trying to create a managed package. When I go into 'Package Manager', it says: "Your organization is configured to create unmanaged packages only. Unmanaged packages are not upgradeable. To create a managed package, you must be using Developer Edition. Sign up for Developer Edition" 

I did sign up for the Developer Edition, but still I cannot see the 'Packages' option in my setup menu. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I am integrating with some tools and I have to create the signature using RSA encryption(OAEP Padding) using the public key to send them for authentication but not able to do it as salesforce has a crypto class with the private key.

Is there any method by which I can achieve this?
Crypto (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_classes_restful_crypto.htm) class supports only AES algorithm for Encryption and Decrypion. I have a usecase where I need to encrypt my HTTP request payload using a certificate which supports RSA Encryption algorithm. 
So, should I write custom code to implement RSA encruption/Decryption algorithm? Is this the recommended approach/Best Practice? 
I am integrating with some tools and I have to create the signature using RSA encryption(OAEP Padding) using the public key to send them for authentication but not able to do it as salesforce has a crypto class with the private key.

Is there any method by which I can achieve this?