• 0 Points
  • Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi! I'm working on an app to publish on AppExchange. The app needs to connect to my app API to retrieve and update information within Salesforce.

I've created my Custom Named Credentials and connected with oAuth2 with my app, and I understand that I'll have to add this to a Package before publishing the app.

My question is: at what moment do I ask the user for the credentials and permission for Salesforce to access my app API? Do I have to create a setup page, show a login popup or something like that (and how?), or when needed (a request to my server is going to be made on APEX...) does Salesforce makes the redirection to my app for the user to login and then goes back to Salesforce website?

I have looked for the information on how this will work but haven't found a clear reference on this process/flow...

Thanks for your help!

Hi! I'm working on an app to publish on AppExchange. The app needs to connect to my app API to retrieve and update information within Salesforce.

I've created my Custom Named Credentials and connected with oAuth2 with my app, and I understand that I'll have to add this to a Package before publishing the app.

My question is: at what moment do I ask the user for the credentials and permission for Salesforce to access my app API? Do I have to create a setup page, show a login popup or something like that (and how?), or when needed (a request to my server is going to be made on APEX...) does Salesforce makes the redirection to my app for the user to login and then goes back to Salesforce website?

I have looked for the information on how this will work but haven't found a clear reference on this process/flow...

Thanks for your help!