• Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I am facing an issue where I would like to update a SalesForce contacts custom fields within my C# console application for which I am using the SOAP API and the Enterprise WSDL but I am having trouble getting started, I have read that there is an "update" method for this and have got one setup as seen below.

DebuggingInfo debugInfo = _client.update(_header,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,sobjects,out limitInfo,out saveResult);

Console.WriteLine("debugInfo: " + debugInfo);

Where "_client" is equal to a new SoapClient instance and "_header" is equal to a new session header
"sobjects" is equal to an object of a class I made which will contain the id of the contact i want to update as well as the values of the 2 suppression fields

However, when i run this code i get the value null and the contact on sales force does not update.

Would any be able to give me any advice/pointers on what I am doing wrong?

Hi all,

I am developing a console application in C# and have integrated the SalesForce SOAP API into this application, I am trying to retrieve contacts from SalesForce using a SOQL query. I have created 2 custom fields and have set values to these fields on a few test contacts, and can see these values in the developer console when i run the query

"SELECT AccountId, Id, EmailSuppressionStatus__c, SmsSuppressionStatus__c FROM Contact"

I can see the custom field values in the developer console, however, when i run the soql query in my C# application the custom fields are returning null, I have checked the security for the fields and I should be able to read/write to them, in addition, i have regenerated the Enterprise WSDL within my project but the problem still persists.

Does anybody have any idea what the issue could be?

Thank you

Hi all,

I am facing an issue where I would like to update a SalesForce contacts custom fields within my C# console application for which I am using the SOAP API and the Enterprise WSDL but I am having trouble getting started, I have read that there is an "update" method for this and have got one setup as seen below.

DebuggingInfo debugInfo = _client.update(_header,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,sobjects,out limitInfo,out saveResult);

Console.WriteLine("debugInfo: " + debugInfo);

Where "_client" is equal to a new SoapClient instance and "_header" is equal to a new session header
"sobjects" is equal to an object of a class I made which will contain the id of the contact i want to update as well as the values of the 2 suppression fields

However, when i run this code i get the value null and the contact on sales force does not update.

Would any be able to give me any advice/pointers on what I am doing wrong?

Hi all,

I am developing a console application in C# and have integrated the SalesForce SOAP API into this application, I am trying to retrieve contacts from SalesForce using a SOQL query. I have created 2 custom fields and have set values to these fields on a few test contacts, and can see these values in the developer console when i run the query

"SELECT AccountId, Id, EmailSuppressionStatus__c, SmsSuppressionStatus__c FROM Contact"

I can see the custom field values in the developer console, however, when i run the soql query in my C# application the custom fields are returning null, I have checked the security for the fields and I should be able to read/write to them, in addition, i have regenerated the Enterprise WSDL within my project but the problem still persists.

Does anybody have any idea what the issue could be?

Thank you