• LoanMe

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The Requirement is this:
On the Opportunity Object, any Sales Agent can ask for an Opp to be transfered to them. They need to supply a Reason for the transfer of course, and the request goes to thier Manager. The Manager reviews the reason for the request and either approves the transfer or declines it.
My Solution:
1. I used a Lightning Action to create a button. It's called "Request for Opportunity Reassignment".
2. When the user (sales guy) searches for an Opportunity that is available for transfer (this might be due to several reasons, such as the Opp owner is on vacation, or out for the day, or is no longer with the company, etc.), even though they are not the Opportunity Owner, they can click the button asking for the Opportunity to be transfered to them. The Screen opens up and they choose a "Reason" for the transfer fro a Pick List and add some Comments in a Comments field. Then click "save"
3. Once they click the "Save" on the lightning action button, a Process is started (built in the Process Builder). The PB checks to see that the "Reason" & "Comments" fields are filled in, and then Calls an Approval Process to start..
4. The Approval Process starts, locks the record, sends out the email notice to the Manager.
The Manager either approves or declines the Request.
If Approved, the AP checks a checkbox called "Opporunity Transfer Approved", and sends out the Approved email noticiatons.
If Declined, the AP sends out the Declined email notification.
5. There is a 2nd step in the PB that checks if the "Opportunity Transfer Approved" checkbox is checked. If it is, the PB changes the Opportunity Owner to the "Requestor" and Updates a field called "Mgr - Opportunity Reassignment Reason" field with the same value that the "Opportunity Reassignment Reason" field has (Field reference).

My question is,
Does the PB stop, or go into "pause" while the AP is waiting to be completed?
The PB calles the AP, but the AP might not get completed at that same time, the Manager could be ina  meeting or something.
Meanwhile, the PB has the 2nd (and critical step) of looking for the "Approved" Checkbox to be checked. But that does not happen until the AP is complete.
I am hoping I don;t need to create 2 different Processes.
1st calles the AP and a 2nd looks for the checkbox, but I think this is the only way to do things.
Thoughts?
Thank you
Shawn
I need a solution for this Business Process.
1. User searches for an Opportunity. They would like to ask that this Opportunity (We call Opps Applications) be transfered to them (Requires a Manager Approval).
2. They click a Button called "Request Application Reassignment" (Lightning Action).
3. Lightniing Action calls a "Flow"
4. Flow opens a screen with two 92) fields.
4a. Application Reassignment Reason (Picklist. Already Created on the Object)
4b. Application Reassignment Comments (Open text field)
Both of these fields will need to update the Record with the data that the User entered in the Screen.
5. The Flow now updates the record (Oppty) and launches an Approval process (already created).
6. Flow stops.
The Approval Process locks the record and sends an email notification to the Manger that they need to approve or decline this request.
7. If they approve the request, the file is Unlocked, and the Manager will update the Application (Opportunity) Owner and update two (2) fields on the record.
8. The new Application (Opportunity) Owner now has access to complete the processing of the order.
This should be so simple but I keep getting an error with the Flow. Apparently the Flow is not Grabbing the record that the is being Requested to be Reassigned.
Help please??
Thank you,
Shawn
I have a unique situation (I think so at least)
We have the Default Lead Setting to "Private" and assign Permission Sets to our internal sales reps for "Read" access. This allows the Reps to Search, and see a listing of all the Leads in the System.
The Scenario:
Sales Rep has lead assigned to them (They are the Lead owner).
Lead calls in and the rep is out on Vacation, so another Rep answers.
New Sales Rep searches SFDC, finds the Lead and clicks a custom button called "Claim Lead".
The Lead is then assigned to them (The new Sales Rep becomes the Lead Owner).
I was thinking to use a Button to call a Process or a Flow, but I can't seem to find any Trailhead classes or anything that would show me how to do this. (I'm just learning Dev stuff, like Lightning Components, VisualForce, etc)
Help please!!!
Thank you
Shawn
1. Chamnges the Owner to a Queue
2. Updates the Page Layout

Is this possible?
This new button also needs to work on a Lightninig Web Component that we are building. Is this possible?
Would it be JavaScript (I know, Lightning hates Javascript) or a URL or what?

Thanks
Shawn
We use Campaigns differently than it was designed for. Every lead is assigned to a Campaign when it's created.
I have three (3) text fields on the Lead page payout, CampaignId, Campaign Name, & Campaign Member Id. I would like to use a Trigger to populate those fields.
I would like to capture the following fields from the Campaign member Object
1. CampaignMemberId
I am also trying to capture the CampaignId and the Campaign Name.
I would like to display those three (3) fields on the Lead Obejct page layout.
1. Is this even possisble? Im starting to think it's not.
2. being brand new I don;t have "borrowed code" per say, or a template I can use to build a trigger.
If someone has a template I can use I would be eternally greatful.
I have tried formual fields, and the Process Builder and both were not able to do what I needed.

and do perform some logic. We need to pull in credit scores (We do personal loans) and based on the score, the lead would either be "accepted" and created in SFDC as a "Lead", or the lead would be declined, in which case, the Lead would NOT get created in SFDC. It would instead be sent to a Data Warehouse per-say for histirical reference if needed.
Is what I described above an example of using an "External Object", or is there a way to create and use a APEX Class that sits "outside" of the SFDC org and does all this?
I wanted to post this to the developer community, but for some reason their website is not working properly.
Thoughts?
Thanks
Shawn
I need a solution for this Business Process.
1. User searches for an Opportunity. They would like to ask that this Opportunity (We call Opps Applications) be transfered to them (Requires a Manager Approval).
2. They click a Button called "Request Application Reassignment" (Lightning Action).
3. Lightniing Action calls a "Flow"
4. Flow opens a screen with two 92) fields.
4a. Application Reassignment Reason (Picklist. Already Created on the Object)
4b. Application Reassignment Comments (Open text field)
Both of these fields will need to update the Record with the data that the User entered in the Screen.
5. The Flow now updates the record (Oppty) and launches an Approval process (already created).
6. Flow stops.
The Approval Process locks the record and sends an email notification to the Manger that they need to approve or decline this request.
7. If they approve the request, the file is Unlocked, and the Manager will update the Application (Opportunity) Owner and update two (2) fields on the record.
8. The new Application (Opportunity) Owner now has access to complete the processing of the order.
This should be so simple but I keep getting an error with the Flow. Apparently the Flow is not Grabbing the record that the is being Requested to be Reassigned.
Help please??
Thank you,
Shawn
I have a unique situation (I think so at least)
We have the Default Lead Setting to "Private" and assign Permission Sets to our internal sales reps for "Read" access. This allows the Reps to Search, and see a listing of all the Leads in the System.
The Scenario:
Sales Rep has lead assigned to them (They are the Lead owner).
Lead calls in and the rep is out on Vacation, so another Rep answers.
New Sales Rep searches SFDC, finds the Lead and clicks a custom button called "Claim Lead".
The Lead is then assigned to them (The new Sales Rep becomes the Lead Owner).
I was thinking to use a Button to call a Process or a Flow, but I can't seem to find any Trailhead classes or anything that would show me how to do this. (I'm just learning Dev stuff, like Lightning Components, VisualForce, etc)
Help please!!!
Thank you
Shawn
We use Campaigns differently than it was designed for. Every lead is assigned to a Campaign when it's created.
I have three (3) text fields on the Lead page payout, CampaignId, Campaign Name, & Campaign Member Id. I would like to use a Trigger to populate those fields.
I would like to capture the following fields from the Campaign member Object
1. CampaignMemberId
I am also trying to capture the CampaignId and the Campaign Name.
I would like to display those three (3) fields on the Lead Obejct page layout.
1. Is this even possisble? Im starting to think it's not.
2. being brand new I don;t have "borrowed code" per say, or a template I can use to build a trigger.
If someone has a template I can use I would be eternally greatful.
I have tried formual fields, and the Process Builder and both were not able to do what I needed.