• 0 Points
  • Member since 2022

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to add an item to our Utility Bar and I am seeing the following error:

There was an error saving the page: PropertyType cannot be specified for flexipages of type UTILITY_BAR.

I tried adding various different component types but no matter what I try to add I see the same error. 

Similar issue as - https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/396841/lightning-web-component-fails-when-added-to-utility-bar

I have a Lighning app in which I have embedded two different Canvas apps. I would like to publish an event from one canvas app to be intercepted in the other.

The lighning component for the first Canvas app is:

<aura:component implements="flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes" access="global" >
	<force:canvasApp height="705px" width="425px" canvasId="main" developerName="test_canvas"></force:canvasApp>
</aura:component>
The lightning component for the second Canvas app is:
<aura:component implements="flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes" access="global" >
	<force:canvasApp height="705px" width="425px" canvasId="transcript" developerName="test_canvas_transcript"></force:canvasApp>
</aura:component>

I am following instructions in the Canvas documentation found here (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.platform_connect.meta/platform_connect/canvas_app_events.htm).

In my "main" canvas app, I am publishing the event with the following code:

Sfdc.canvas(function () {
  var signedRequestJson = <%-JSON.stringify(signedRequestJson)%>;
  Sfdc.canvas.client.publish(signedRequestJson.client, {
    name: 'aa.newMessageReceived',
    payload: message,
  });
});

In the other Canvas app, I am subscribing to the event using the following code:

Sfdc.canvas(function () {
  var signedRequestJson = <%-JSON.stringify(signedRequestJson)%>;

Sfdc.canvas.client.subscribe(signedRequestJson.client, {
    name: 'aa.newMessageReceived',
    onData: function (message) {
      console.log('message received: ', message);
    },
  });
});

However, even after dispatching the event, I never receive it in the other app.

1.) I picked an arbitrary namespace for the event: 'aa'. Does it matter which namespace I use here, as long as it is consistent between the publisher and subscriber and is not a reserved name? (I also tried it without using a namespace, but that was not working either.)

Any other ideas as to why this might not be working?

I am trying to add an item to our Utility Bar and I am seeing the following error:

There was an error saving the page: PropertyType cannot be specified for flexipages of type UTILITY_BAR.

I tried adding various different component types but no matter what I try to add I see the same error. 

Similar issue as - https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/396841/lightning-web-component-fails-when-added-to-utility-bar