• 10 Points
  • Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have created a workflow that is supposed to send an email if the status has been unchanged for 3 days.   I created a new field which stores the date/time stamp when we enter the status.  I have noticed that when the time elapses no email has been sent.  

However, if I edit the received time and set it to the same time it is the workflow fires and an email is sent. 
Hello,

I had to create a simple Apex trigger for an integration between Salesforde and JIRA.  

trigger JIRA on Case (after update) {
    JCFS.API.pushUpdatesToJira();
}

However, I am lost in the test coverage part as this will not deploy since there are no tests.  Are the tests written directly in the trigger?  If so, what are some examples of how to test this?  

Thanks,
Matt
Hello,

I am trying to track the time a case is in the status "Waiting for Customer" as I want to send out a notification to the customer if there is an inactivity.  I think I have an idea of what I need to do but having trouble actually implementing as I am relatively new to Salesforce.

1) Create read only field to capture when status is first changed to this status
2) Create a workflow rule to check the time between now and the field created in #1. 
3) If it has elapsed past a certain time then send an email.

Can someone help walk me through how to do these steps?

Thanks in advance.
I have created a workflow that is supposed to send an email if the status has been unchanged for 3 days.   I created a new field which stores the date/time stamp when we enter the status.  I have noticed that when the time elapses no email has been sent.  

However, if I edit the received time and set it to the same time it is the workflow fires and an email is sent. 
Hello,

I had to create a simple Apex trigger for an integration between Salesforde and JIRA.  

trigger JIRA on Case (after update) {
    JCFS.API.pushUpdatesToJira();
}

However, I am lost in the test coverage part as this will not deploy since there are no tests.  Are the tests written directly in the trigger?  If so, what are some examples of how to test this?  

Thanks,
Matt
Hello,

I am trying to track the time a case is in the status "Waiting for Customer" as I want to send out a notification to the customer if there is an inactivity.  I think I have an idea of what I need to do but having trouble actually implementing as I am relatively new to Salesforce.

1) Create read only field to capture when status is first changed to this status
2) Create a workflow rule to check the time between now and the field created in #1. 
3) If it has elapsed past a certain time then send an email.

Can someone help walk me through how to do these steps?

Thanks in advance.