• Member since 2020

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

We have been facing a problem with the refresh token flow. 
From time to time, we are getting a bad request response (HTTP Status code 400) when requesting a new token. This problem goes away if we execute 2 or 3 more times this request.
We are using the "Refresh token is valid until revoked" setting, so we can make sure we don't have any problems with this mechanism.

This is the request we are performing:
POST /services/oauth2/token HTTP/1.1 Host: login.salesforce.com/ grant_type=refresh_token& client_id=<client_id>&client_secret=<client_secret>&refresh_token=<refresh_token>
Could you help me understand if there is any configuration missing?

• November 11, 2020
Hi,

I'm developing a connected app, but I'm struggling to understand the rate limits of the API.
This connected app is the interface between my app and the salesforce instance of my customers. I mean, I'm developing an integration with Salesforce, so my users can add contacts, opportunities, and accounts to Salesforce.
I don't understand if the rate limits are per connected app, per users' license, or both. I'm trying to figure out that through this page (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.228.0.api.meta/api/implementation_considerations.htm?SearchType=Stem).
As far as I can understand, this is dependent on the users' license.

Let's say I have 10 users and 5 of them have the Unlimited Edition license. The other 5 have the Enterprise Edition. This means the first 5 will be able to execute 5000 requests each and the remaining 5 will be able to successfully execute 1000 requests each per day. 
Am I understating it correctly?

Thanks in advance,

• October 12, 2020
Hi,

We have been facing a problem with the refresh token flow. 
From time to time, we are getting a bad request response (HTTP Status code 400) when requesting a new token. This problem goes away if we execute 2 or 3 more times this request.
We are using the "Refresh token is valid until revoked" setting, so we can make sure we don't have any problems with this mechanism.

This is the request we are performing:
POST /services/oauth2/token HTTP/1.1 Host: login.salesforce.com/ grant_type=refresh_token& client_id=<client_id>&client_secret=<client_secret>&refresh_token=<refresh_token>
Could you help me understand if there is any configuration missing?

• November 11, 2020
Hi,

I'm developing a connected app, but I'm struggling to understand the rate limits of the API.
This connected app is the interface between my app and the salesforce instance of my customers. I mean, I'm developing an integration with Salesforce, so my users can add contacts, opportunities, and accounts to Salesforce.
I don't understand if the rate limits are per connected app, per users' license, or both. I'm trying to figure out that through this page (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.228.0.api.meta/api/implementation_considerations.htm?SearchType=Stem).
As far as I can understand, this is dependent on the users' license.

Let's say I have 10 users and 5 of them have the Unlimited Edition license. The other 5 have the Enterprise Edition. This means the first 5 will be able to execute 5000 requests each and the remaining 5 will be able to successfully execute 1000 requests each per day. 
Am I understating it correctly?

Thanks in advance,

• October 12, 2020