• 10 Points
  • Member since 2021

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Fairly new to Salesforce and am trying to wrap my head around the system as well as importing data. I don't understand why fields don't match up between accounts and contacts. E.g. contact has a field for "mobile" while account has "phone" and "phone other" and no field for "mobile" or "cell". Also contact has "street 1", "street 2" address while account has "mailing address" and "shipping address". Why don't the fields match up between these two objects? And would it make sense to have them match?

Thanks. 
  • December 28, 2022
Fairly new to Salesforce and am trying to wrap my head around the system as well as importing data. I don't understand why fields don't match up between accounts and contacts. E.g. contact has a field for "mobile" while account has "phone" and "phone other" and no field for "mobile" or "cell". Also contact has "street 1", "street 2" address while account has "mailing address" and "shipping address". Why don't the fields match up between these two objects? And would it make sense to have them match?

Thanks. 
  • December 28, 2022