• Member since 2023

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello! 

I hope all of you are doing well. I have 15 picklist fields and if a user chose the "Other" value, the user will have to specify as to why they have chosen "Other" and this information will be in a text field. Below is only an example

Picklist Field A -> If User chose "Other" in Picklist Field A, a Text Field A - Other would pop up
Picklist Field B -> If User chose "Other" in Picklist Field B, Text Field B - Other would pop up 

I am trying to create a custom coding that would update the Text Fields to null if the Picklist Field values are not set to "Other". 

Below is the Apex Class that I have created:

public class PicklistUpdateHandler {
    public static void updateTextFieldsToNull(List<Ribbonfish__Title__c> records) {
        List<Ribbonfish__Title__c> recordsToUpdate = new List<Ribbonfish__Title__c>();

for (Ribbonfish__Title__c record : records) {
            if (record.Ribbonfish__SMUR_on_AuthorsWebpage__c != 'Other' && record.Ribbonfish__SMUR_on_AuthorsWebpage__c != record.Ribbonfish__SMUR_on_AuthorsWebpage__c) {
                record.Ribbonfish__SMURAuthorsPersonalWebpageOther__c = null;
                recordsToUpdate.add(record);
            }

if (record.Ribbonfish__SMUR_onDepartmentalWebpage__c != 'Other' && record.Ribbonfish__SMUR_onDepartmentalWebpage__c != record.Ribbonfish__SMUR_onDepartmentalWebpage__c) {
                record.Ribbonfish__SMURDepartmentalWebpageOther__c = null;
                recordsToUpdate.add(record);
            }

}

if (!recordsToUpdate.isEmpty()) {
            update recordsToUpdate;
        }
    }
}

Just a heads up, this is my first time creating Apex and I am not certified as Salesforce Developer. Everyone is welcome to share their thoughts and I'm looking forward to your response. 

Thank you and stay safe!

-Aleina :)