• 0 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've been getting email about storage limits on an sforce developer account. The storage usage reports that I have 6M in events. When I try to mass delete activities nothing shows, and none of the six contacts in the account have any event data associated with them. My recycle bin is empty, and there is only one user on this account.

I'm not really sure how to fix it...???
  • July 06, 2004
The Salesforce 2.0 xmlrpc api threw an exception this morning that I have never seen before. I have used this code for months and this is the first time I've seen it. Here is the stack trace:

org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: No space left on device
at common.api.Querier.doQuery(Querier.java:374)
at common.api.Dispatcher.inner_dispatch(Dispatcher.java:400)
at common.api.Dispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:283)
at common.api.Dispatcher.inner_execute(Dispatcher.java:229)
at common.api.Dispatcher.execute(Dispatcher.java:111)
at helma.xmlrpc.XmlRpcServer$Worker.execute(XmlRpcServer.java:135)
at helma.xmlrpc.XmlRpcServer.execute(XmlRpcServer.java:78)
at servlet.Api.doPost(Api.java:251)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:165)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:103)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:113)
at system.filter.PreGzipFilter.doFilter(PreGzipFilter.java:72)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:84)
at com.caucho.server.cache.CacheFilterChain.doFilter(CacheFilterChain.java:190)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:177)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:221)
at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:263)
at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:323)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:430)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:377)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: No space left on device
at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(FileOutputStream.java:260)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:66)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.write(BufferedOutputStream.java:110)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.drain(ObjectOutputStream.java:1639)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.setBlockDataMode(ObjectOutputStream.java:1548)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeNonProxyDesc(ObjectOutputStream.java:1146)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeClassDesc(ObjectOutputStream.java:1100)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1241)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1052)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeFatalException(ObjectOutputStream.java:1355)
at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:281)
at common.api.QueryXmlWriter.beginSpooling(QueryXmlWriter.java:86)
at common.api.QueryXmlWriter.writeObject(QueryXmlWriter.java:57)
at common.api.Querier.executeQuery(Querier.java:517)
at common.api.Querier.doQuery(Querier.java:330)

Thanks, Nikki
  • June 29, 2004
Can you tell me what is wrong with this query?

select email, firstName from Contact where email = 'sean@edge.com' or email = 'jrogers@burlington.com' or email = 'fred@verde.com' or email = 'rose@edge.com' and FirstName = 'Sean' or FirstName = 'Jack' or FirstName = 'Frederico' or FirstName = 'Rose'

I am using the partner wsdl to access the API, and this query throws a malformed query exception every time. I have tried with all combinations of upper and lower case for the field and table names.
  • June 02, 2004
The following code snippet (pulled directly from the Salesforce 3.0 API samples) fails with the following message: Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission org.apache.commons.discovery.log.level read)

private SoapBindingStub binding;
try
{
binding = (SoapBindingStub) new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap();
}
catch (ServiceException jre)
{
//This is a rare error indeed since as of this point, we have not
//tried to communicate with the web service
if (jre.getLinkedCause() != null)
jre.getLinkedCause().printStackTrace();

throw new RuntimeException(jre.getMessage());
}

I have no idea how to fix this, because I haven't even tried to authenticate at this point. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Nikki
  • May 20, 2004

When attempting to add events through the xmlrpc api I get a field integrity exception.  dueDateTime is a required field, but I can't seem to find the accepted format for that field.  This is a piece of test code - in order to get the date I use the following java code.

Calendar c = Calendar.getInstance();

Date newDate = c.getTime();

Any suggestions?

• December 08, 2003

I insert twelve contacts using the batch insert call.  This works no problem.  When I send the same twelve contacts as a batch update weird stuff happens.  The first contact in the structure is overwritten with the last.  (Meaning in the Salesforce UI I have a duplicate of the twelfth contact and none of the first contact.)  Also, I checked the response from the update call and it returns a structure of twelve ids, as it should, except that all of the ids are the same.  The id belongs to the last contact in the update structure.

Any ideas?

• October 29, 2003

Occasionally when I run a batch insert or update I get the following error:  java.sql.SQLException: Data size bigger than max size for this type: 48337.  What does the number 48337 represent?  Is there some threshhold that I can check for before making the API call so this doesn't happen anymore?

Thanks, Nikki

• September 02, 2003
I am trying to add some very simple event data through the api.  I have whoID set to a valid contact id as a Java String object, due date time as a Java Date object, and a subject set to "Webcast" as a Java String object.  The insert call throws no exceptions but the elements of the return vector all say something about field integrity for an integer.  Any ideas?
  • August 07, 2003

I recently upgraded code to version 2.0 of the salesforce api.  I downloaded the sfdcdemo.java file from the sforce website, edited the sfdcdemo.prop file to add my account info and compiled and ran the code.  I got the following error, having made no changes to the .java file:

Login call successful, session_id: 968xRtb75xQWzUYYCSwNN7xPWOZdR2dQRopgHDRrp3o4l
VM5Ug95efG6fnr1Ydvqyn_r7bSk1w.hZfYqaLHMKvbtzKggVlhL

Describe Params
[{version=2.0, type=global}]

Exception in thread "main" helma.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: unknown method name des
cribe
        at helma.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:174)
        at helma.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:79)
        at helma.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:64)
        at sfdcdemo.main(sfdcdemo.java:183)

I encounter the unknown method exception with the search and logout methods as well. 

• July 31, 2003
I've been getting email about storage limits on an sforce developer account. The storage usage reports that I have 6M in events. When I try to mass delete activities nothing shows, and none of the six contacts in the account have any event data associated with them. My recycle bin is empty, and there is only one user on this account.

I'm not really sure how to fix it...???
  • July 06, 2004
The following code snippet (pulled directly from the Salesforce 3.0 API samples) fails with the following message: Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission org.apache.commons.discovery.log.level read)

private SoapBindingStub binding;
try
{
binding = (SoapBindingStub) new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap();
}
catch (ServiceException jre)
{
//This is a rare error indeed since as of this point, we have not
//tried to communicate with the web service
if (jre.getLinkedCause() != null)
jre.getLinkedCause().printStackTrace();

throw new RuntimeException(jre.getMessage());
}

I have no idea how to fix this, because I haven't even tried to authenticate at this point. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Nikki
  • May 20, 2004
This is true. Even I've been facing similar problems. But strangely in some developer accounts its not happening.

Dev, can you please address to our problem ASAP? I have been trying to know the cause. This is only with contact. With each account it behaves strangely so we are not able to figure out whatz the reason.

Thanx in advance,

I insert twelve contacts using the batch insert call.  This works no problem.  When I send the same twelve contacts as a batch update weird stuff happens.  The first contact in the structure is overwritten with the last.  (Meaning in the Salesforce UI I have a duplicate of the twelfth contact and none of the first contact.)  Also, I checked the response from the update call and it returns a structure of twelve ids, as it should, except that all of the ids are the same.  The id belongs to the last contact in the update structure.

Any ideas?

• October 29, 2003
I am trying to add some very simple event data through the api.  I have whoID set to a valid contact id as a Java String object, due date time as a Java Date object, and a subject set to "Webcast" as a Java String object.  The insert call throws no exceptions but the elements of the return vector all say something about field integrity for an integer.  Any ideas?
  • August 07, 2003

I recently upgraded code to version 2.0 of the salesforce api.  I downloaded the sfdcdemo.java file from the sforce website, edited the sfdcdemo.prop file to add my account info and compiled and ran the code.  I got the following error, having made no changes to the .java file:

Login call successful, session_id: 968xRtb75xQWzUYYCSwNN7xPWOZdR2dQRopgHDRrp3o4l
VM5Ug95efG6fnr1Ydvqyn_r7bSk1w.hZfYqaLHMKvbtzKggVlhL

Describe Params
[{version=2.0, type=global}]

Exception in thread "main" helma.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: unknown method name des
cribe
        at helma.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:174)
        at helma.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:79)
        at helma.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:64)
        at sfdcdemo.main(sfdcdemo.java:183)

I encounter the unknown method exception with the search and logout methods as well. 

• July 31, 2003