• 0 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I would like to be able to provide a WIL on a page which invokes a Java servlet which causes some information to be updated on the page on which the WIL lives.  Ideally I would like the user to click the link and when the servlet finishes I would like the current page to rewrite.  Is there any way to make this happen?  For example, suppose I have a custom field on the Opportunities page that I want to update from some backend process.  I would like to have the user be able to enter information on the screen, click our link and then see some of our custom fields updated with values derived from the backend.

Is this doable?

Thanks.

• December 15, 2003
Our company is currently evaluating Salesforce.com and one of the things I've been asked to investigate is how to integrate Salesforce.com into some of our internal corporate web applications. For example, from Salesforce.com we might provide a link to an internal web application. This web application may itself use the sforce.api to update information on salesforce.com.

One of the issues I'm interested in is how best to handle user authentication. What we want to be able to do is to limit the number of login prompts that our user would see. If, for example, the user logged in at Salesforce.com, we would like our application to know this fact and not prompt for an additional password. If our application calls back to the sforce api we would like to the code to run as the user who logged in to Salesforce.com.

What options are available to us to make this sort of thing happen?

Is there a way to put a session key in the URL which invokes our application in such a way that our internal application can make use of that session key when accessing the sforce api?

Any thoughts on this subject would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • December 12, 2003
Our company is currently evaluating Salesforce.com and one of the things I've been asked to investigate is how to integrate Salesforce.com into some of our internal corporate web applications. For example, from Salesforce.com we might provide a link to an internal web application. This web application may itself use the sforce.api to update information on salesforce.com.

One of the issues I'm interested in is how best to handle user authentication. What we want to be able to do is to limit the number of login prompts that our user would see. If, for example, the user logged in at Salesforce.com, we would like our application to know this fact and not prompt for an additional password. If our application calls back to the sforce api we would like to the code to run as the user who logged in to Salesforce.com.

What options are available to us to make this sort of thing happen?

Is there a way to put a session key in the URL which invokes our application in such a way that our internal application can make use of that session key when accessing the sforce api?

Any thoughts on this subject would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • December 12, 2003