• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am creating a new front-end using the sforce API for the company I work for, but am finding there are some speed problems when running queries using the web-service. I am developing using C# and ASP.NET. Would anyone have any ideas on how to increasing speed... is it possible to have an application (using the web service) to be as fast as the Salesforce.com website?

Thanks in advance,

Tym.

• March 01, 2004

I have been trying to add records to custom objects I have created, but am having a few problems as it doesn't seem to correctly add them (ie. the dates aren't correct - it just sets the record date to a generic 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM, and is similar to what happens with doubles, setting every value uploaded to 0)... this is an example of my code (C#)... could anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong?

// Update Salesforce
  void Update(Object Src, EventArgs E) {
    Km__c km = new Km__c();

km.Dossier__c         = dossier1.Text;
    km.Km_Reading__c      = reading1.Text;
    km.Km_Reading_Date__c = Convert.ToDateTime(date1.Text);
  }

Dossier = Text; Reading = Text, Reading_Date = Date.

Thanks in advance,

Tym.

• February 03, 2004

I would like to import some data into custom objects I have created. Is this possible through the salesforce.com interface, or do I need to use the API and create my own import program?

Thanks,

Tym.

• January 28, 2004

Would you be able to tell me what a session-id can be made up of.

ie. alphanumerical?

Thanks in advance,

Tym.

• January 28, 2004

I am developing a system for a company who have purchased the Enterprise Edition of salesfoce.com.

1. Is it possible to integrate custom objects into the salesfoce.com interface (for example, include a new table which can be linked into an opportunity on the website)?

2. More generally, is it possible to customise the *actual* salesforce.com interface through the API?

Thanks in advance,

Tym.

• January 22, 2004

I would like to import some data into custom objects I have created. Is this possible through the salesforce.com interface, or do I need to use the API and create my own import program?

Thanks,

Tym.

• January 28, 2004

Would you be able to tell me what a session-id can be made up of.

ie. alphanumerical?

Thanks in advance,

Tym.

• January 28, 2004