• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have created a custom object called Quote (related to an Opportunity) that captures all information necessary to request a quote from another department that is not using SFDC.  I would like to be able to send the details of a Quote record in an email to this other department and log it as an activity.  Since I cannot add "Send Email" Activity related list to this custom object, I was hoping to create a web link to the SFDC email page referencing the Quote object from which the link was clicked.  Then I wanted to use merge fields in an email template to "fill in" all the variable data associated with that Quote object. 

I can create the pop-up window to the email page, but merge fields fail to recognize the object I wish to pull data from.  Is what I'm trying to do possible?  If not, is there another workaround that allows me to send data from a record without having to create an sforce object that would use the WSDL to access the information in a separate process?

• July 17, 2004

I have created a custom object called Quote (related to an Opportunity) that captures all information necessary to request a quote from another department that is not using SFDC.  I would like to be able to send the details of a Quote record in an email to this other department and log it as an activity.  Since I cannot add "Send Email" Activity related list to this custom object, I was hoping to create a web link to the SFDC email page referencing the Quote object from which the link was clicked.  Then I wanted to use merge fields in an email template to "fill in" all the variable data associated with that Quote object. 

I can create the pop-up window to the email page, but merge fields fail to recognize the object I wish to pull data from.  Is what I'm trying to do possible?  If not, is there another workaround that allows me to send data from a record without having to create an sforce object that would use the WSDL to access the information in a separate process?

• July 17, 2004