• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi

I need a solution to export attachments from SFDC which are mainly in pdf format. There is a about 7 gigs worth and we are wanting to store these on the local network. Does any one have any ideas on how to export this data? Then where to import? SQL server? Then will need to copy to network drive.

Cheers
  • August 15, 2007
Hi

I'm using the scripting toolkit and I'm finding that it only exports 2000 records. How do I increase it so that it exports the whole table? And is it a good idea to export 900K records with it?

Cheers

function Results(queryResult) {
 if (queryResult.size > 0) {
  var output = "";
  var records = queryResult.getArray("records");
  for (var i=0;i<records.length;i++) {
   var account = records[i];
   output += account.Id + "," + account.Name + "\r\n";
  }
  WScript.echo(output);
 }else WScript.echo("No records matched.");
 ToolKit.Quit();
}
var callback = {onSuccess : Results, onFailure : function(e){WScript.echo(e)}};
var queryResult = sforce.connection.query("Select Id,Name from Account", callback);

• August 10, 2007

my issue is how do you map to fields that are read only. It doesn't work, well at least not for me. I have created an S-Control which is invoked by a hyper link which is on the Accounts Profile custom object page. In Turn when this is clicked it should create a new task and pre populate some of the fields.

Solutions that I have tried.

1) Mapping with original record type

1) Mapping with another record type and with a new page layout that it switchs to it when the user clicks onto the link. Obviously making the original page layout and FLS as "edit all" and the new record type to be restrictive.

Here is the code for the mapping with original record type

<script language="JavaScript">

var myDate=new Date();
var month = myDate.getMonth() +1;
var day = myDate.getDate();
var year = myDate.getFullYear();

function redirect() {
parent.frames.location.replace("/500/e?retURL=%2F{!Account.Id}&cas6=Client Set-Up&cas11=Client Set-Up&cas14=Client Set-Up&00N00000006qSf2={!Account_Profile__c.Company_Listed_on_Stock_Exchange__c}&cas3={!Account_Profile__c.Contact_Name__c}&00N00000006oqSt="+day + "/" + month+ "/" + year)
}
redirect();

</script>

Also, if I try to add another mapping after the last line of code "+ year)" It freaks out.

• July 17, 2007

Hi

Just wondering if I can do an in statement e.g 'where accountid in('123',345','345'). If so, what is the syntax. I'm guessing that this is not possible....

• December 06, 2004

Hi

What would one have to do to create pop up windows in SFDC. Like the tip of the day?

Cheers

• November 11, 2004

HI,

I've just downloaded the excel Integration tool and I have to say I'm impressed. I myself will have to create such functionality to work off of SDFC and I have afew questions. I was copying the code in the sfdescribe() function to a new modual and made some changes. I noticed as soon as I did that I would receive a compile error on the "Dim salesforce As CSession" declaration. Stating that "User defined type not defined".  I have tried everything. Any ideas ?

Cheers

• November 11, 2004

HI

Can any one tell me why when I connect using saleforce 2.5 and 3.0 connecters that it takes so long to export/extract data. I am accessing my accounts table which has 34K records,when I connect using the salesforce 2.0 connection it takes 7 minutes to download. When I use the other more current connectors it takes 1 & 1/2 hours. It seems to do 500 records and then stop for 1 minute or two and then do another 500 records. This is painfull.....Does any one know what is going on here? And I've tried setting my batch size greater.....etc

• November 03, 2004
Hi

I'm using the scripting toolkit and I'm finding that it only exports 2000 records. How do I increase it so that it exports the whole table? And is it a good idea to export 900K records with it?

Cheers

function Results(queryResult) {
 if (queryResult.size > 0) {
  var output = "";
  var records = queryResult.getArray("records");
  for (var i=0;i<records.length;i++) {
   var account = records[i];
   output += account.Id + "," + account.Name + "\r\n";
  }
  WScript.echo(output);
 }else WScript.echo("No records matched.");
 ToolKit.Quit();
}
var callback = {onSuccess : Results, onFailure : function(e){WScript.echo(e)}};
var queryResult = sforce.connection.query("Select Id,Name from Account", callback);

• August 10, 2007

my issue is how do you map to fields that are read only. It doesn't work, well at least not for me. I have created an S-Control which is invoked by a hyper link which is on the Accounts Profile custom object page. In Turn when this is clicked it should create a new task and pre populate some of the fields.

Solutions that I have tried.

1) Mapping with original record type

1) Mapping with another record type and with a new page layout that it switchs to it when the user clicks onto the link. Obviously making the original page layout and FLS as "edit all" and the new record type to be restrictive.

Here is the code for the mapping with original record type

<script language="JavaScript">

var myDate=new Date();
var month = myDate.getMonth() +1;
var day = myDate.getDate();
var year = myDate.getFullYear();

function redirect() {
parent.frames.location.replace("/500/e?retURL=%2F{!Account.Id}&cas6=Client Set-Up&cas11=Client Set-Up&cas14=Client Set-Up&00N00000006qSf2={!Account_Profile__c.Company_Listed_on_Stock_Exchange__c}&cas3={!Account_Profile__c.Contact_Name__c}&00N00000006oqSt="+day + "/" + month+ "/" + year)
}
redirect();

</script>

Also, if I try to add another mapping after the last line of code "+ year)" It freaks out.

• July 17, 2007

HI,

I've just downloaded the excel Integration tool and I have to say I'm impressed. I myself will have to create such functionality to work off of SDFC and I have afew questions. I was copying the code in the sfdescribe() function to a new modual and made some changes. I noticed as soon as I did that I would receive a compile error on the "Dim salesforce As CSession" declaration. Stating that "User defined type not defined".  I have tried everything. Any ideas ?

Cheers

• November 11, 2004