Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi

In order to do a calulation I first need to get a zone number for a Country

I have created a list of most counties with a zone

Because of the original size restrictions I did this is four formulas

the first two split the total number of countries (but i dont include Countires with a the highest zone as I use a default **)

Ie

ZA=(number)=
CASE(T_C__c,
"England",1,
"IOM/IOW",2,
"Wales",3,
"Scotland",4,
"Highlands",5,
"Scottish Isles",6,
"Belfast",7,
"NI",8,
"CI",9,
"Ireland",11,  etc

ZB=(Number)=
CASE( T_C__c,
"Slovakia",12,
"Slovenia",12,
"Spain",12,
"Sweden",12,
"Albania",13,
"Belarus",13,
"Bosnia and Herzegovina",13,   etc

the compiled size of each is between 1495 and 1900 characters

Then

ZC (number)=
Z_A__c+ Z_B__c

then

Zone (number)=
IF( Z_C__c=0,14, Z_C__c )                                                  this is where is uses zone 14 for all countries not listed ** again to reduce the size

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My problem is this leaves me very little space to do any other calulation so has anyone any suggestions as to how
I can reduce the formula size or any other suggestions as to how this could be done

Thanks

Clive (UK)

I am trying to get the following to work but I just keep getting Syntax errors

IF(AND(  Zone__c =1, Type="Nextday",​ (KTC__c  * 0.42 + 10.98)  , 0))

any ideas ?

Kind Regards Clive
Good Day

I would be interest to hear from anyone who has been using any of the CTI software solutions within the uK

We currently use Virgin as our telephone system (we have three lines and a small wireless PBX) and would like to link saleforce so
we can get pop ups for the customers who are calling in and log out going calls

Clive

I need to do some Lead Assignments based on which half of the UK a Lead is in. To determine this, I'm supposed to use the first 1 or 2 alphabetic bytes of the postal code. Postal codes for the UK have a variable format. Some examples are NR7 0WF, EC2Y 9HT, BS99 7AR.

I have been given a spread sheet of the 120 (1 to 2 byte) combinations and a designation of North or South.

My plan is to create a formula field on Lead called UK Territory and do the Lead Assignment off that field. So far, I cannot figure out how to do this.  I envision something like this:

If the Lead.Country is UK, United Kingdom
And Lead.Zip/postal code Begins AB,BB,BD,BL,...,G,HD,...,L,LA, etc. put North in the field, otherwise put South.

My questions are:

1) Would BEGINS would be the best choice of operator?
2) How do I handle the postal code when it starts with only 1 alphabetic byte (like W1C 2JL)? (Wildcard would be too wild!)
3) How do I combine the 2 different operators?

Any advice would be appreciated.
We're considering starting to use the Forecasting functionality in Salesforce. 

What I've found is that the Forecast amount is driven by the Amount field (standard field) in the Opportunity.  We are not using that field.

We have 4 revenue componants that we track for each deal.  I've created custom fields for each one, and a calculated field (called 1st Year Revenue) to sum the componants.  It is this field that we report on as our Pipeline revenue. 

When I ran my first Forecast, the "Amount" for the deals in my Pipeline was "0."

So... I either need to:
  • Somehow, update the "Amount" field with the contents of the calculated field "1st Year Revenue" each time the Opportunity is edited.
  • or, make the "Amount" field a calculated field.
  • or, drive the Forecast calculations off of the "1st Year Revenue" field I've created.

Does anyone out there have a solution or workaround for this issue?

Alan@Avid

I am trying to get the following to work but I just keep getting Syntax errors

IF(AND(  Zone__c =1, Type="Nextday",​ (KTC__c  * 0.42 + 10.98)  , 0))

any ideas ?

Kind Regards Clive