• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm doing an integration project for a client that is using Salesforce Professional Edition, and they don't have the budget to upgrade to Enterprise Edition. I need to download all leads and all users once per day. Common story, I'm sure.

I've been looking around, and so far, it looks like using VBA and the Excel Connector would work. Is this the right way to go?

Also, might anyone be able to help me get started by providing some links or information on using VBA and the Excel Connector?

Thanks for reading,
Derek
  • September 27, 2006
Hi. I'm working on a project to integrate Sforce with my company's email system for one of our clients. One of the tasks is to get everyone who opted out in our system and update an opt-out boolean field for the matching leads and contacts in Sforce.

The primary key being used in our system is the Email field. In the client's Sforce account, there can be multiple leads or contacts with the same email address. This means that I can't just keep the Sforce ID in our system and update the Sforce object with that; I have to find every Sforce lead and contact with that email address and update it's unsub field. That's a lot of queries.

We have about 1,000 unsubscribes to import to start with, but eventually, they will be updated daily, so it will be a small number at a time.

Still, I want to know if there is a more efficient way of doing it. I'm using C# and Sforce API version 5.0.

Thanks,

Derek

Message Edited by Derek_C on 05-24-2005 03:02 PM

I'm doing an integration project for a client that is using Salesforce Professional Edition, and they don't have the budget to upgrade to Enterprise Edition. I need to download all leads and all users once per day. Common story, I'm sure.

I've been looking around, and so far, it looks like using VBA and the Excel Connector would work. Is this the right way to go?

Also, might anyone be able to help me get started by providing some links or information on using VBA and the Excel Connector?

Thanks for reading,
Derek
  • September 27, 2006