• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

when ever i am trying to get the description value from Task i am getting square's in the place of single quotes.

for eg:

. For all its faults, Word is still the only editor I know of that makes it easy for anyone to actually use these special characters correctly without having to memorise cryptic keyboard shortcuts. Apostrophes, single and double quotes, and en-dashes are automatically inserted during normal typing. The em-dash can be inserted with the shortcut key Ctrl+Alt+Num- (thats the minus on the numeric keypad.) Word also happens to be the most popular (as in commonly-used) word processor. Nearly all 3rd-party content I receive for web publishing originate in Word. So its pret

u can see where ever there is apostophe i am getting square. so could any body help me out it this.

thank you

• May 31, 2005

Hi

i am getting error when i am trying to access any object. the error is

Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService

i have a login class and a method in it where i am login and setting the header.

public void getLogin() throws ServiceException, ApiFault, RemoteException, MalformedURLException {

SforceService service = new SforceServiceLocator();
        sfdc = (SoapBindingStub)service.getSoap();

System.out.println("Connecting to: " + service.getSoapAddress());

try{  

// login
            LoginResult loginResult = sfdc.login("username", "password");
System.out.println("Logged in");           
        // Reset the SOAP endpoint to the returned server URL
            sfdc = (SoapBindingStub) new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap(new java.net. URL(loginResult.getServerUrl()));
        // Create a new session header object
        // add the session ID returned from the login
            _SessionHeader sh = new _SessionHeader();
            sh.setSessionId(loginResult.getSessionId());
            sessionID = loginResult.getSessionId();
            serverURL = loginResult.getServerUrl();
        // Set the session header for subsequent call authentication
            sfdc.setHeader(service.getServiceName().getNamespaceURI(),"SessionHeader", sh);
System.out.println("get Session Id " + loginResult.getSessionId()); 
System.out.println("get user Id " + loginResult.getUserId());
System.out.println("get user Id " + loginResult.getServerUrl());   

}catch(Exception e ){System.out.println("error in login class " + e);}      
        }

so when i am calling this method in another class i am getting this error.

so could anybody help me on this.

thank u

• May 18, 2005

Hi

i hava a login class where i am creating a login and i am getting a session id.

public class Login_SupportForce {     public SoapBindingStub sfdc = null;     private String sessionID;  private String serverURL;     public void getLogin() throws ServiceException, ApiFault, RemoteException, MalformedURLException {                     SforceService service = new SforceServiceLocator();         sfdc = (SoapBindingStub)service.getSoap();

System.out.println("Connecting to: " + service.getSoapAddress());              try{                                   // login             LoginResult loginResult = sfdc.login("psohal@njtransit.com", "nanki"); System.out.println("Logged in");                    // Reset the SOAP endpoint to the returned server URL             sfdc = (SoapBindingStub) new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap(new java.net. URL(loginResult.getServerUrl()));         // Create a new session header object         // add the session ID returned from the login             _SessionHeader sh = new _SessionHeader();             sh.setSessionId(loginResult.getSessionId());             sessionID = loginResult.getSessionId();             serverURL = loginResult.getServerUrl();         // Set the session header for subsequent call authentication             sfdc.setHeader(service.getServiceName().getNamespaceURI(),"SessionHeader", sh); System.out.println("get Session Id " + loginResult.getSessionId());  System.out.println("get user Id " + loginResult.getUserId()); System.out.println("get user Id " + loginResult.getServerUrl());   

}catch(Exception e ){System.out.println("error in login class " + e);}               }     }

now i am calling the getLogin() method of  Login_Supportforce in a servlet. i am getting a session id.

Connecting to: https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/5.0 logged in get Session Id ho3Cs8qyOVw6XmaaVxAX1XzjdG0ItJFgFQVVQMwkbydr1ssrj_4yX.J4DayBR5WPA PIwpytqduBfrSnAV.SojTteaH1xyGi1 get user Id 00530000000ekzzAAA get user Id https://na1-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/5.0 error in creating case Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login mu st be set in the SforceService

• May 13, 2005

Hi

i created a case and i have case id  and case number. now i am trying to create a task on this existing case number.

so do i have to create task or update task for that existing case number.

i am doing in this way :

Task task = new Task();

task.setWhatId(case_Id);  // case_id contains the case id for the existing case where i want to create a task    
           task.setDescription("sample description ");
           task.setRecordTypeId(id_record_type);
           task.setOwnerId(id_owner);

// Create an array of SObjects to hold the accounts
            SObject[] sObjects = new SObject[1];
            // Add the accounts to the SObject array
            sObjects[0] = task;

// Invoke the create call
            SaveResult[] saveResults = sfdc.create(sObjects);
            // Handle the results
            for (int i=0;i<saveResults.length;i++) {
            // Determine whether create succeeded or had errors
                if (saveResults[i].isSuccess()) {
                    // No errors, so we will retrieve the id created for this index
                    System.out.println(saveResults[i].getId().getValue());
                    }
                else {
                    System.out.println("Object is not Created");               
                }
            }

however its not working. Could any body please help me on this.

thank u

• May 10, 2005

Hi,

i run the ant and created source code from wsdl in weblogic. i got the directory structure

urn/enterprise/soap/sforce/com.* 

urn/sobject/enterprise/soap/sforce/com.*

urn/fault/enterprise/soap/sforce/com.*

now i am trying to connect support force with this code and i am getting

java.rmi.RemoteException: SOAP Fault:javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException: Failed to send request

The code is:

Soap_Stub binding = null;
 LoginResult lr = null; //maintain the login results

String userName = "xxxx";
        String password = "xxxx";

try{

SforceService service = new SforceService_Impl();
  binding = (Soap_Stub)service.getSoap(userName,password);       
        lr = binding.login(userName,password);      

System.out.println("Login was successfull");
        System.out.println("login id is " + lr.getUserId())

} catch (Exception ex) {System.out.println("error in try and catch " + ex);}           

• April 28, 2005

Hi

i can able to see the object which is in sforce through my sforce login id. i am using enterprise wsdl.

now could somebody help me how  could i access the same object like case from support force through these api's. or what i have to do in my code to access them.

thank u

param

• April 22, 2005

Hi

• Downloaded the Java Sample Code from the sforce (i.e. quickstart). And included the quickstart.jar in the classpath.
  • When first time I try to run this code I got javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException error.
  • In the mean time I try to integrate the sforce Explorer to weblogic workshop. And it asked me userID and password. Then I entered my sforce userID and password. And I got the same error (javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException).
  • Then I set the system property of proxy server in startWebLogic:        

-Dweblogic.webservice.transport.https.proxy.host= \

-Dweblogic.webservice.transport.https.proxy.port= \

I define both the proxy host and proxy port.

• This time I didnâ¬?t get javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException error, neither in sforceExplorer nor in sample code. SForceExplorer accepted my sforce UserID and password and I can see all the objects of sforce through sforce Explorer.
  • however I got java.lang.NullPointerException error in the sample code.

The system environment:

Weblogic 8.1 with service pack 4

jdk 1.4.2_05

these errors i am getting when i am trying to run the sample code from office. and when i am doing the same thing at home i am not getting these errors. i can run the sample code and able to login and see the information coming from Account object.

Could anybody help me on this.

thank u
  • April 14, 2005

Hi

I am new to sforce. i run the sample java code. i can see the infromation related to the account. and do the updates.

now i am trying to see the cases, by changing the query, (select * from cases). i am getting error.

could u please help me.

thank u

• April 14, 2005

Hi

i am trying to add sforceExplorer tool to BEA (Weblogic workshop). i kept all the required zip file at the required directory of BEA. i got sforceExplorer in BEA. when i click that it ask me for User id and password. i am entering the userid and password which i created at sforce.

and i am getting this error,

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandShakeException : Remote host close connection during hand shake.

could any body please help me on this.

thank u

• April 06, 2005

Hi

i am getting error when i am trying to access any object. the error is

Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService

i have a login class and a method in it where i am login and setting the header.

public void getLogin() throws ServiceException, ApiFault, RemoteException, MalformedURLException {

SforceService service = new SforceServiceLocator();
        sfdc = (SoapBindingStub)service.getSoap();

System.out.println("Connecting to: " + service.getSoapAddress());

try{  

// login
            LoginResult loginResult = sfdc.login("username", "password");
System.out.println("Logged in");           
        // Reset the SOAP endpoint to the returned server URL
            sfdc = (SoapBindingStub) new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap(new java.net. URL(loginResult.getServerUrl()));
        // Create a new session header object
        // add the session ID returned from the login
            _SessionHeader sh = new _SessionHeader();
            sh.setSessionId(loginResult.getSessionId());
            sessionID = loginResult.getSessionId();
            serverURL = loginResult.getServerUrl();
        // Set the session header for subsequent call authentication
            sfdc.setHeader(service.getServiceName().getNamespaceURI(),"SessionHeader", sh);
System.out.println("get Session Id " + loginResult.getSessionId()); 
System.out.println("get user Id " + loginResult.getUserId());
System.out.println("get user Id " + loginResult.getServerUrl());   

}catch(Exception e ){System.out.println("error in login class " + e);}      
        }

so when i am calling this method in another class i am getting this error.

so could anybody help me on this.

thank u

• May 18, 2005

Hi

i hava a login class where i am creating a login and i am getting a session id.

public class Login_SupportForce {     public SoapBindingStub sfdc = null;     private String sessionID;  private String serverURL;     public void getLogin() throws ServiceException, ApiFault, RemoteException, MalformedURLException {                     SforceService service = new SforceServiceLocator();         sfdc = (SoapBindingStub)service.getSoap();

System.out.println("Connecting to: " + service.getSoapAddress());              try{                                   // login             LoginResult loginResult = sfdc.login("psohal@njtransit.com", "nanki"); System.out.println("Logged in");                    // Reset the SOAP endpoint to the returned server URL             sfdc = (SoapBindingStub) new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap(new java.net. URL(loginResult.getServerUrl()));         // Create a new session header object         // add the session ID returned from the login             _SessionHeader sh = new _SessionHeader();             sh.setSessionId(loginResult.getSessionId());             sessionID = loginResult.getSessionId();             serverURL = loginResult.getServerUrl();         // Set the session header for subsequent call authentication             sfdc.setHeader(service.getServiceName().getNamespaceURI(),"SessionHeader", sh); System.out.println("get Session Id " + loginResult.getSessionId());  System.out.println("get user Id " + loginResult.getUserId()); System.out.println("get user Id " + loginResult.getServerUrl());   

}catch(Exception e ){System.out.println("error in login class " + e);}               }     }

now i am calling the getLogin() method of  Login_Supportforce in a servlet. i am getting a session id.

Connecting to: https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/5.0 logged in get Session Id ho3Cs8qyOVw6XmaaVxAX1XzjdG0ItJFgFQVVQMwkbydr1ssrj_4yX.J4DayBR5WPA PIwpytqduBfrSnAV.SojTteaH1xyGi1 get user Id 00530000000ekzzAAA get user Id https://na1-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/5.0 error in creating case Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login mu st be set in the SforceService

• May 13, 2005

Hi

i created a case and i have case id  and case number. now i am trying to create a task on this existing case number.

so do i have to create task or update task for that existing case number.

i am doing in this way :

Task task = new Task();

task.setWhatId(case_Id);  // case_id contains the case id for the existing case where i want to create a task    
           task.setDescription("sample description ");
           task.setRecordTypeId(id_record_type);
           task.setOwnerId(id_owner);

// Create an array of SObjects to hold the accounts
            SObject[] sObjects = new SObject[1];
            // Add the accounts to the SObject array
            sObjects[0] = task;

// Invoke the create call
            SaveResult[] saveResults = sfdc.create(sObjects);
            // Handle the results
            for (int i=0;i<saveResults.length;i++) {
            // Determine whether create succeeded or had errors
                if (saveResults[i].isSuccess()) {
                    // No errors, so we will retrieve the id created for this index
                    System.out.println(saveResults[i].getId().getValue());
                    }
                else {
                    System.out.println("Object is not Created");               
                }
            }

however its not working. Could any body please help me on this.

thank u

• May 10, 2005

Hi,

i run the ant and created source code from wsdl in weblogic. i got the directory structure

urn/enterprise/soap/sforce/com.* 

urn/sobject/enterprise/soap/sforce/com.*

urn/fault/enterprise/soap/sforce/com.*

now i am trying to connect support force with this code and i am getting

java.rmi.RemoteException: SOAP Fault:javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException: Failed to send request

The code is:

Soap_Stub binding = null;
 LoginResult lr = null; //maintain the login results

String userName = "xxxx";
        String password = "xxxx";

try{

SforceService service = new SforceService_Impl();
  binding = (Soap_Stub)service.getSoap(userName,password);       
        lr = binding.login(userName,password);      

System.out.println("Login was successfull");
        System.out.println("login id is " + lr.getUserId())

} catch (Exception ex) {System.out.println("error in try and catch " + ex);}           

• April 28, 2005

Hi

i can able to see the object which is in sforce through my sforce login id. i am using enterprise wsdl.

now could somebody help me how  could i access the same object like case from support force through these api's. or what i have to do in my code to access them.

thank u

param

• April 22, 2005

Hi,

Downloaded the Java Sample Code from the sforce (i.e. quickstart). And included the quickstart.jar in the classpath.

If i run the batch file and try to login as sforce login id

i am getting java.lang.NullPointerException

Please help me

Regards.

U.Anjenelu

Hi

i am trying to add sforceExplorer tool to BEA (Weblogic workshop). i kept all the required zip file at the required directory of BEA. i got sforceExplorer in BEA. when i click that it ask me for User id and password. i am entering the userid and password which i created at sforce.

and i am getting this error,

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandShakeException : Remote host close connection during hand shake.

could any body please help me on this.

thank u

• April 06, 2005