• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have just started using the new Data Loader.  Here are a couple of initial impressions/comments that might be helpful (and I have a question for everyone at the end):

1) compared to sforce Connector, sforce Data Loader is a speed-demon when exporting records (for example, 2 hrs plus to export Account records with Connector and under 10 minutes with Data Loader).

2) exported records with Data Loader have "internal" column names (Connector exported with "external" column names)... if you are moving exported records into another package, this may make a difference.

3) some columns, such as Owner Id, will now export the internal value with Data Loader, as opposed to the actual name of the owner as in Connector.... also true with Created By and Last Modified By columns.

A Question:

I need to run an extract in batch (scheduled) mode.  Following the instructions in the Data Loader User Guide did not work.  Has anyone been able to accomplish this??  If so, please explain how and/or paste the code in your batch file into a response.

Many thanks!

• June 15, 2005

I got great advice from a recent post, so maybe someone can help me with a sporadic message I receive, usually when opening a new Excel sheet after successfully running some queries (both insert and update).

The message is:

'sforce_connect1.xls' could not be found.  Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct.  If you are tyring to open the file from your list of most recently used files on the File menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved, or deleted.

Of course, I have never opened or created a file named sforce_connect nor sforce_connect1.

I am running sforce version 5.51, Excel 2003 (SP1) and have gotten this message both on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP Professional (SP 2)

I have tried logging out (same error message), and it seems to trap me in an endless loop of error messages.

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

• May 03, 2005

Hi,

I am a new user of sforce (version 5.51) and have successfully queried, updated, and inserted records, mostly on the Account table, for about a week.

Now that my data is much cleaner from all of my updates, I cannot run complete queries on the Account table.  I assume there is a bad record somewhere because very selective queries do work, but retrieval of all records or a very general selection (ie. Billing Country equals United States) brings back the following message:

Salesforce:  Query()  invalid Range, missing data type, or other error, type is:  Account Overflow

I have seen other posts with this message and have followed the suggestions, to the extent of only asking for the Account column (no other columns) and I still get the same message.  Could I have bad data in an Account column??   How can I identify the record and fix it??

Any and all help will be GREATLY appreciated.

BTW, sforce version 5.51, Excel 2003 SP1, Windows XP Professional SP2

Thanks!

• May 02, 2005

Hi,

I am a new user of sforce (version 5.51) and have successfully queried, updated, and inserted records, mostly on the Account table, for about a week.

Now that my data is much cleaner from all of my updates, I cannot run complete queries on the Account table.  I assume there is a bad record somewhere because very selective queries do work, but retrieval of all records or a very general selection (ie. Billing Country equals United States) brings back the following message:

Salesforce:  Query()  invalid Range, missing data type, or other error, type is:  Account Overflow

I have seen other posts with this message and have followed the suggestions, to the extent of only asking for the Account column (no other columns) and I still get the same message.  Could I have bad data in an Account column??   How can I identify the record and fix it??

Thanks!

• May 02, 2005

I have just started using the new Data Loader.  Here are a couple of initial impressions/comments that might be helpful (and I have a question for everyone at the end):

1) compared to sforce Connector, sforce Data Loader is a speed-demon when exporting records (for example, 2 hrs plus to export Account records with Connector and under 10 minutes with Data Loader).

2) exported records with Data Loader have "internal" column names (Connector exported with "external" column names)... if you are moving exported records into another package, this may make a difference.

3) some columns, such as Owner Id, will now export the internal value with Data Loader, as opposed to the actual name of the owner as in Connector.... also true with Created By and Last Modified By columns.

A Question:

I need to run an extract in batch (scheduled) mode.  Following the instructions in the Data Loader User Guide did not work.  Has anyone been able to accomplish this??  If so, please explain how and/or paste the code in your batch file into a response.

Many thanks!

• June 15, 2005

Hi,

Thanks!

• May 02, 2005

Hi,

Thanks!

• May 02, 2005