• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to set the due date in a new task. I've found some explainations but I would like a code example. I'm using vb.net but an example in any language would be welcome.

MDK

• May 26, 2005

Hey guys,

My employeer acutually owns 2 companies and has 2 seperate salesforce logins for both. He needs accounts, etc. moved from the salesforce database of one business to the other. How can I do that?

• May 26, 2005

Hey Guys,

Im trying to determine whether or not a contact already exists with an existing account. here is the query that I'm using:

Dim qryc As sForceAPI.QueryResult = binding.query("select id from contact where (FirstName = '" & Me.txtAdminFirstName.Value.Trim & "' and LastName = '" & Me.txtAdminLastName.Value.Trim & "') and accountid = " & qryRecordsAccount(0).Id)

Dim qryRecordsC() As sForceAPI.sObject = qryc.records

Just so you know, qryRecordsAccount(0).id gets the account id and it works but just to be complete, here is the definition for qryRecordsAccount:

Dim qryAccount As sForceAPI.QueryResult = binding.query("select id, name from Account where name = '" & Me.txtAccountName.Value.Trim & "'")

Dim qryRecordsAccount() As sForceAPI.sObject = qryA.records

When I try to run this code I get the following error when it reaches the dim qryc as.... line above:

server error in'/' application

malformed_query: malformed query: expecting EOF, found 'sZZAAY'

The error references this line of code:

Line 265:            Dim results() As Object = Me.Invoke("query", New Object() {queryString})

Source File: C:\LiveWebs\www.visualboardbook.com\Web References\sForceAPI\Reference.vb    Line: 265

Please Help!

mdk

• May 25, 2005

Hey Guys,

I'm setting my web site up so that people who setup trial accounts through or trial page are saved as accounts in sales force. There just aren't very many examples so let me just bluntly ask the questions I've come across so far:

1) How to I create and save accounts in asp.net/vb.net ( I have succesfully attached the sforce api)

2) How do I get an existing ID programmaticaly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• May 23, 2005

Hey Guys,

I'm setting my web site up so that people who setup trial accounts through or trial page are saved as accounts in sales force. There just aren't very many examples so let me just bluntly ask the questions I've come across so far:

1) How to I create and save accounts in asp.net/vb.net ( I have succesfully attached the sforce api)

• May 23, 2005

Hey guys,

My employeer acutually owns 2 companies and has 2 seperate salesforce logins for both. He needs accounts, etc. moved from the salesforce database of one business to the other. How can I do that?

• May 26, 2005

Hey Guys,

Im trying to determine whether or not a contact already exists with an existing account. here is the query that I'm using:

Dim qryc As sForceAPI.QueryResult = binding.query("select id from contact where (FirstName = '" & Me.txtAdminFirstName.Value.Trim & "' and LastName = '" & Me.txtAdminLastName.Value.Trim & "') and accountid = " & qryRecordsAccount(0).Id)

Dim qryRecordsC() As sForceAPI.sObject = qryc.records

Just so you know, qryRecordsAccount(0).id gets the account id and it works but just to be complete, here is the definition for qryRecordsAccount:

Dim qryAccount As sForceAPI.QueryResult = binding.query("select id, name from Account where name = '" & Me.txtAccountName.Value.Trim & "'")

Dim qryRecordsAccount() As sForceAPI.sObject = qryA.records

When I try to run this code I get the following error when it reaches the dim qryc as.... line above:

server error in'/' application

malformed_query: malformed query: expecting EOF, found 'sZZAAY'

The error references this line of code:

Line 265:            Dim results() As Object = Me.Invoke("query", New Object() {queryString})

Source File: C:\LiveWebs\www.visualboardbook.com\Web References\sForceAPI\Reference.vb    Line: 265

Please Help!

mdk

• May 25, 2005

Hey Guys,

• May 23, 2005