• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Does the handleEmailMessage() method update the Status of a CASE if it attaches an EmailMessage object to an existing case?

My problem:

Our Reps each have a queue and the view of the Case Tab is set up to only list Cases that are not "CLOSED". I am noticing a scenario where a CASE got created with my custom EmailToCase Agent, the Rep replies to the email and then CLOSES the CASE. The person who receives the email then replies and the EmailToCase handleEmailMessage() method attached that reply EmailMessage to the existing case (as outlined in the documentation... which is exactly what we want), but the Status of the CASE does not change (which may be by design).

If so, any suggestions on how I could re-open the case by updating the status.

Thanks...
  • January 27, 2006
Any idea why I might be getting the EMAIL_TO_CASE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED. According to the documentation, the limit is 2500 email cases per day. I appear to be getting this exception with email batches as small as 20. We never create more than 100 email to cases per day.

Any suggestions???
  • January 18, 2006
Are there any problems with the Web Services features today. Many of my programs are terminiating with a variety of XML Serialization and tag errors.

Also receiving:
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Any status would be appreciated.
  • November 17, 2005

Does anyone know an easy way to simulate a SELECT DISTINCT operation in SOQL?

Also, how do you check for NULL in a WHERE clause.  I know IS NULL does not work?

Thanks...

• August 09, 2005

Hello,

I am trying to update an Opportunity record.  The call returns TRUE with the correct ID value, but the column being updated still has a null value. 

Any ideas ???

Thanks...

private bool UpdateOppAutoEmailDate(string oppId)

{

sforce.Opportunity updOPP = new sforce.Opportunity();

sforce.GetServerTimestampResult timestamp = Globals.binding.getServerTimestamp();

updOPP.Auto_Email__c = timestamp.timestamp;

updOPP.Id = oppId;

sforce.sObject[] record = new sforce.sObject[] {updOPP};

sforce.SaveResult[] saveResults = Globals.binding.update(record);

txtDebug.Text += "Update: " + saveResults[0].success + " : " + saveResults[0].id + " : " + "OPPID: " + oppId;

return saveResults[0].success;

}

• August 05, 2005
Any idea why I might be getting the EMAIL_TO_CASE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED. According to the documentation, the limit is 2500 email cases per day. I appear to be getting this exception with email batches as small as 20. We never create more than 100 email to cases per day.

Any suggestions???
  • January 18, 2006
How can I update "Email_Opt_out" field of "Contact" object?
I need to create or update a contact object using web service.
The field name I am looking for should be "HasOptedOutOfEmail". But I cannot find this field in the web service object and wsdl file.

Thanks.
  • November 22, 2005
Are there any problems with the Web Services features today. Many of my programs are terminiating with a variety of XML Serialization and tag errors.

Also receiving:
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Any status would be appreciated.
  • November 17, 2005

I am trying to update the UnitPrice in OpportunityLineItem through a C# application that I am working on. The amount that I am using is of type double and have verified that I am passing it the correct Id.  I have saved the results to the SaveResult[] object and have verified that there are no errors on the update, however, when I go back into Salesforce, it has not been updated.  Any ideas?

Here is a code snippet:

sforce.OpportunityLineItem OpLiIt = new sforce.OpportunityLineItem();

OpLiIt.Id = MP.OLIID;

OpLiIt.UnitPrice = MP.profit.

MP.binding.update(new sforce.sObject[]{OpLiIt});

Thanks

• September 19, 2005

Does anyone know an easy way to simulate a SELECT DISTINCT operation in SOQL?

Also, how do you check for NULL in a WHERE clause.  I know IS NULL does not work?

Thanks...

• August 09, 2005

Hello,

I am trying to update an Opportunity record.  The call returns TRUE with the correct ID value, but the column being updated still has a null value. 

Any ideas ???

Thanks...

private bool UpdateOppAutoEmailDate(string oppId)

{

sforce.Opportunity updOPP = new sforce.Opportunity();

sforce.GetServerTimestampResult timestamp = Globals.binding.getServerTimestamp();

updOPP.Auto_Email__c = timestamp.timestamp;

updOPP.Id = oppId;

sforce.sObject[] record = new sforce.sObject[] {updOPP};

sforce.SaveResult[] saveResults = Globals.binding.update(record);

txtDebug.Text += "Update: " + saveResults[0].success + " : " + saveResults[0].id + " : " + "OPPID: " + oppId;

return saveResults[0].success;

}

• August 05, 2005