• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to match Salesforce.com's username validation rules, but cannot find the exact rules. In the API documentation it mentions that "The value for this field must be in the form of an email address.".

It appears that Salesforce.com does not take into account the top level domain name limitation. (.com, .us, .gov, .org, .museum, etc.)

Anyone out there with this information that can help me out?

- Peter
  • April 22, 2008
I'm trying to match Salesforce.com's username validation rules, but cannot find the exact rules. In the API documentation it mentions that "The value for this field must be in the form of an email address.".

It appears that Salesforce.com does not take into account the top level domain name limitation. (.com, .us, .gov, .org, .museum, etc.)

- Peter
  • April 15, 2008
There is a new user showing up through the API, but not visible in the UI.

(This can be recreated via sforce explorer)

If I query the user list via the webservice, I get all my regular users, but now I am getting an additional one.  Its name is "License Manager".  It says it was just created 3/20/07 (even though I have had my account for well over a year).  It has a user type of "LicenseManager". Was this added via an installed application? I'm using na4.

Can anyone help me out with what this user is?  And, is there an easy way to filter it out of my query?  (I want to be able to only get users that are available in the UI in my query).

Thanks
  • October 29, 2007
We are having an issue with a client setup with the partner portal where the API is returning a field value longer than what the describe of the object is saying is the maximum length.

This is happening when an account is converted to a partner account there are three roles created.
The role names are created by taking the account name and appending three strings:
Partner User
Partner Executive
Partner Manager

An account name can be 255 characters, and a role name can be 40 characters when entered via the UI.
The describe of UserRole returns that the field "Name" can be 40 characters (120 bytes)

During testing when entering an Account Name with the maximum amount of characters (255) the role names for the 3 roles created ended up truncating the account name and adding the three strings afterwards. The result was, for the longest role name, the first 62 characters of the account name and then adding the 18 characters of " Partner Executive", to make it a total of 80 characters. This is more than the API is saying that the maximum field length should be.

How long can the UserRole Name returned by the API really be?

- Peter
  • April 13, 2007
Anybody know why I would get the error "INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY"?

1. User U created the id A and other ids successfully within salesforce.com via the API
2. User U removed the id A and other ids successfully within salesforce.com via the UI
3. User U attempts to delete the id A and other ids within salesforce.com via the API but fails on the id A because the error mentioned above happens. The other ids are successfully deleted.

User U is an administrator.

The id A is an instance of OpportunityLineItem.

The whole recycle bin (user and company) has been emptied and the error is still happening.

I have heard that deleting a PricebookEntry would also delete the OpportunityLineItem, but that still does not explain this error message when attempting to delete an id that no longer exist. The error message implies that the id still exist.

I would expect a different message if deleting an non-existing id was an error.

This is with Sfdc API 8.0.
  • March 26, 2007

I’m trying to setup partner users on my portal with the permission to create products.

1. I created a profile based of the standard user profile, since the partner profile does not let me add the create product permission.

2. Gave the new profile permission to create products

3. Added two IP ranges to the new profile (10.0.0.0 -10.255.255.255) (my external IP address range)

4. Created a new user and assigned it the new profile

When trying to login with the new user I get:

LOGIN_DURING_RESTRICTED_DOMAIN: cannot log in from current domain

Any ideas?

Do the portal need to be set to allow users of the Salesforce license type for them to be able to log in to the portal?

I know of another portal where users of the Salesforce license type is able to log in to the other portal.

- Peter
  • February 15, 2007
Do the Session ID and Server URL come as a pair?

When passing the {!API.Partner_Server_URL_70} and {!API.Session_ID} on the custom link can I modify the Server URL's "7.0" to "8.0" and use the Session ID passed in to setup a binding and it would work?

The reason for the question is to make the upgrade easier from using the 7.0 API to 8.0 API.

- Peter
  • January 23, 2007
Is there a method provided to escape an SOQL query?
What other characters than ' need to be escaped?

For example:
SELECT Name FROM OPPORTUNITY WHERE Name = 'John Doe's Opportunity'

which will need to be changed to:
SELECT Name FROM OPPORTUNITY WHERE Name = 'John Doe\'s Opportunity'

The 7.0 API documentation maybe should mention more about escaping the query.

fieldExpression Syntax

A fieldExpression uses the following syntax:

fieldName comparisonOperator value

where:

Syntax Description
fieldName The name of a field in the specified object. Use of single or double quotes around the name will result in an error. You must have at least read-level permissions to the field. It can be any field—it does not need to be a field in the fieldList.
comparisonOperator See Comparison Operators for a list of valid operators.
value A value, enclosed in single quotes (double quotes result in an error), used to compare with the value in fieldName. You must supply a value whose data type matches the field type of the specified field. You must supply a native value—other field names or calculations are not permitted. For date values, use the formatting listed in Date Formats.

• September 13, 2006
If the DeleteResult isSuccess() returns false the getId() is null.

If the DeleteResult isSuccess() returns true the getId() contains the id that was removed.

Why can't the DeleteResult contain the id that failed to be deleted?
If I submitted several ids to be deleted and several had problems it would be nice to know which id that had what problem.

This is found using 7.0 API with StatusCode._INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY error.
  • February 14, 2006
I have a case where I'm deleting OpportunityLineItem, PricebookEntry, and a Product2 instances that are related to each other. I try to delete them in one call to the delete API with the ids in the above mentioned order.

The OpportunityLineItem is successfully deleted on the first try.
The PricebookEntry was removed, but returned as unsuccessful in the DeleteResult.
On the second delete try with only the PricebookEntry (already deleted) and Product2 ids the Product2 id is successfully deleted, but the PricebookEntry returns a INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY.

Why is the PricebookEntry DeleteResult return unsuccessful in the first attempt?
Why is it that when I try to delete an already missing id that the DeleteResult is unsuccessful?

It seems to me that if the id is not there it does not need to be removed anylonger and the delete can return a success.

I used SForce Explorer to determine that the id was in fact removed.
  • January 26, 2006

- Peter
  • April 22, 2008
We are having an issue with a client setup with the partner portal where the API is returning a field value longer than what the describe of the object is saying is the maximum length.

This is happening when an account is converted to a partner account there are three roles created.
The role names are created by taking the account name and appending three strings:
Partner User
Partner Executive
Partner Manager

An account name can be 255 characters, and a role name can be 40 characters when entered via the UI.
The describe of UserRole returns that the field "Name" can be 40 characters (120 bytes)

During testing when entering an Account Name with the maximum amount of characters (255) the role names for the 3 roles created ended up truncating the account name and adding the three strings afterwards. The result was, for the longest role name, the first 62 characters of the account name and then adding the 18 characters of " Partner Executive", to make it a total of 80 characters. This is more than the API is saying that the maximum field length should be.

How long can the UserRole Name returned by the API really be?

- Peter
  • April 13, 2007

I’m trying to setup partner users on my portal with the permission to create products.

1. I created a profile based of the standard user profile, since the partner profile does not let me add the create product permission.

2. Gave the new profile permission to create products

3. Added two IP ranges to the new profile (10.0.0.0 -10.255.255.255) (my external IP address range)

4. Created a new user and assigned it the new profile

When trying to login with the new user I get:

LOGIN_DURING_RESTRICTED_DOMAIN: cannot log in from current domain

Any ideas?

Do the portal need to be set to allow users of the Salesforce license type for them to be able to log in to the portal?

I know of another portal where users of the Salesforce license type is able to log in to the other portal.

- Peter
  • February 15, 2007
I want to create a hyperlink custom field used to integrate another application with salesforce. The reason I want to use a custom field, instead of a custom link, is: custom field supports adding image to it. The problem I have is: I found it only has a function to get session id "GETSESSION()", but it does not have any function to get server url which is also required to authenticate a user. anyone can help me on how to get the server url while using the hyperlink custom field?

thanks,
If the DeleteResult isSuccess() returns false the getId() is null.

If the DeleteResult isSuccess() returns true the getId() contains the id that was removed.

Why can't the DeleteResult contain the id that failed to be deleted?
If I submitted several ids to be deleted and several had problems it would be nice to know which id that had what problem.

This is found using 7.0 API with StatusCode._INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY error.
  • February 14, 2006
I have a case where I'm deleting OpportunityLineItem, PricebookEntry, and a Product2 instances that are related to each other. I try to delete them in one call to the delete API with the ids in the above mentioned order.

The OpportunityLineItem is successfully deleted on the first try.
The PricebookEntry was removed, but returned as unsuccessful in the DeleteResult.
On the second delete try with only the PricebookEntry (already deleted) and Product2 ids the Product2 id is successfully deleted, but the PricebookEntry returns a INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY.

Why is the PricebookEntry DeleteResult return unsuccessful in the first attempt?
Why is it that when I try to delete an already missing id that the DeleteResult is unsuccessful?

It seems to me that if the id is not there it does not need to be removed anylonger and the delete can return a success.

I used SForce Explorer to determine that the id was in fact removed.
  • January 26, 2006
We have an Sforce 5.0 Partner API client that uses a Web Link to get the sessionID from the SF UI.  We do not use the Sforce login call as we do not have the username and password for the SFDC account.

For long running ETL tasks, the Sforce session seems to timeout based on expiration setting in the UI (2 hours) irrespective of the activity. How can we keep the session alive until we are done with the ETL, given that we cannot get a new session id via the login call.

thanks

PS: A similar topic was discussed earlier, here is the link
  • January 04, 2005

Using the delete method on a batch, the DeleteResults status is failed. When examining the errors, there is one error object with a message of "Delete Error", and a status of DELETE_FAILED. What kind of message is that? Could we please have something more usefull.

In addition the error fields array conatins one item, but it is emtpty. Why is there an empty item? surely if the field is empty, the collection should be too.

• February 21, 2004