• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We're trying to integrate the web-to-lead method within a client's website. Instead of having the user submit the form to send the information, we're trying to have a script (Perl) post the information as if it were the customer.

We're POSTing the information to http://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8. When I fill out the template HTML form and submit, I get a message saying that the request has been queued and I receive an email shortly after saying that the lead was created which I can confirm in the LEAD section. When I have a script post the exact same information, I get the exact same response from the server (including all of the correct information) saying that the request was queued but I don't receive the email and the lead is never created. We're currently running in sforce debug mode while we're developing this.

Is there some information required by the server that I'm not sending like the User Agent?

Any insights are greatly appreciated.

- Troy
We're trying to integrate the web-to-lead method within a client's website. Instead of having the user submit the form to send the information, we're trying to have a script (Perl) post the information as if it were the customer.

We're POSTing the information to http://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8. When I fill out the template HTML form and submit, I get a message saying that the request has been queued and I receive an email shortly after saying that the lead was created which I can confirm in the LEAD section. When I have a script post the exact same information, I get the exact same response from the server (including all of the correct information) saying that the request was queued but I don't receive the email and the lead is never created. We're currently running in sforce debug mode while we're developing this.

Is there some information required by the server that I'm not sending like the User Agent?

Any insights are greatly appreciated.

- Troy